2000 poimts - hopefuly the last - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Gday,

Been pondering over all my lists, and Im hoping I have a winner: A list with solid tactics and solid units (ie, not too small). See what you think:

L - Tomb King
    Golden Anlhara, Armour of the Ages, Vambraces of the Sun, Great weapon, shield

I went for a really survivable King, with big beasties in mind (Dragons, etc) plus kings should be tough as hell in the end IMO

H - Liche Preist - heiro
    CLoak, Jar

H - Liche Preist
    Steed, Staff of raveneing

H - Lichge Preist

C - 20x Skeletons
    Bows, Standard, Musician

C - 7x Light Horsemen (My standard LP body guard)

C - 4x Chariots
    Standard, Banner of the undying legion

I went for a champion with some spare points for the 'bog down dragons' tactic. Challange, then raise him back when he dies....

S - 20x Tomb Guard
    F/C, Warbanner

I love these models. and the Warbanner + King in this unit makes it a sponge that can dish out some punishment.

S - 5x Carrion

Depending on the army I face, hese guys fit into a flanking role, as well as warmachine and Fast cav killers

S - Scorpion

S - Scorpion

R - SSC
    SOTF

R - SSC
    SOTF

TOTAL 1994

Also, to bring this army upto 2250, I get 5x Swarms and 1x Dispel scroll for exactly 250 points. Any comments on that too if you like....

Regards, Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King - Something like flail of skulls is a better dragon killer, but if you want a cheaper surviverable king go Collar of Shappesh, Armour of the Ages, Vambraces of Defence, Great Weapon.

Hiero - All Good 8Y

Mounted Priest - All Good 8Y

Priest - A dispel scroll maybe?

20 Bowmen - All Good 8Y

7 Light Horsemen - 5 will do

4 Chaiots - You can't challange a dragon only the rider, but the idea against all units is good, maybe take a priest out and add a chariot prince to give this unit some real punch?

20 Tomb Guard - All good, maybe Icon of Rakaph though?

5 Carrion - All Good 8Y

Scorpions - All Good 8Y

Catapults - All Good 8Y

Will

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

on the 2K -> 2.25K upgrade, 5 Swarms is a waste. Youll only ever need 2 at most. Possibly 3... and thats if youre just looking to fill points. Add some more Chariots instead.

Champions in Chariots dont work so well as in Skellie units for tactics. Drop him, and give the Bow unit FC.

Vambraces on the King maybe? Rest looks good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Thanks guys. all these tweaks were stuff I didn't think of.

William, in a challenge, the rider and the mount participate, so it indeed can be done.

Phoenix, I didn't think of Chariots to expand into 2.25k, as all my lists have been LHP lists, and 2 chariots units in Special is outta bounds. Thanks, Ill change that for sure.

I went with the golden ankhara, as Im not too keen on TG dying to save to save the king - when I can just a true ward. It also doesn't help the Combat Res, so for the 20 points....

I may even think about that chariot prince, on problem is magic. With a TG, it's a little weakerb than my LHP lists, so the mopre LP's, the better I reckon...

Tim

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

I agree on the magic basis. If you run a King with a Hiero and a Priest at Casket, then the 4th Char slot is pretty open. Without the casket however i think a Priest is a must, especially as youll be wanting to support 2 SSCs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

The OP has been modified. I swapped out the Chariot Chamipon for Vambrace + muso for the skellies. The Champ Tar Pit tactic wouldn't work too well with the Chariots, as they dont have many wounds, so would cruble pretty quickly against a Dragon anyway. The TG with the King are better suited to this.

I was thinking about using these sapre points to get the icon of rakaph on the TG, but I dont know how much value it has in a more defensive style army like mine. Its a great banner for when they punch through enemy lines, but mine will sorta sit and wait a bit. I always like a simple warbanner on an already tough CC unit...

Phoenix, Ill keep for 5 swams at 2.25k for now, only because I have the models (bought the army 2nd hand...) so I might as well try it since its 'free'. I probably wouldn't dig 220 odd points underground, but it's worth a try every now and then. 5 swarms behind enemy lines would be nasty (depends on who of course)

Regards, Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by timk1111 View Post
    William, in a challenge, the rider and the mount participate, so it indeed can be done.
    Tim
    D'Oh! Silly me!

+ Reply to Thread