2K Defensive List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

2K Defensive List

Hi,

Don't normally play a defensive list but thought I would write one and see what other TK players think... So feel free to rip this apart.

Lord
    Tomb King - Chariot, Light Armour, Crook and Flail, Collar of Shapeth, Chariot of Fire

Heroes
    Liche Priest (H) - Cloak of Dunes, Heiratic Jar

Liche Priest - Steed, Staff of Ravening

Liche Priest - 2 Dispell Scrolls

Core
    3 Chariots - Standard, Banner of Undying legion

20 Skeleton Archers - Standard

20 Skeleton Archers - Standard

5 Light Horsemen

5 Light Horsemen

Special
    4 Carrion

Tomb Scorpian

Tomb Scorpian

Rare
    Screaming Skull Cat - Skull of Foes

Casket of Souls (LP with 2 DS goes with this)

I have gone for some heavy magic... the carrion are there really to either annoy war machines or slow the enemy army's advance... If the Carrion will need some support I can always bury some Scorpians or if not I can just use them to support the archers etc...

That is the general idea... wasn't sure whether I would take 2 Cats but opted for one and the CoS mainly because it strengthens my magic and that -1 to enemy casting rolls can come in handy...

So feel free to rip apart

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

For a defensive list i think the King would be better off being on foot so he can sit in your defensive line, bolstering it with magic and his cambat ability. Although fair enough in a Chariot he may be able to do more damage, if he happens to get pinned down in combt and crumbles along with the unit then you can lose your General fairly easily. I think the Chariots in a defensive list shoud be more of a shock unit.
    Also maybe swap out the 2 Light cav units for one more Chariot unit, depending on your plans with the Cav, i think the extra Chariots will do far more damage.
    Not maxed out on Specials, which is fair enough as Ushabti and TG are pretty expensive. Depending on the King you may be able to add here though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Ok how is this then... I have dropped the two units of Light Horsemen, decked out my king on foot, have added an extra unit of Chariots, and increased the size of the Skeleton units...

Lord
    Tomb King - Destroyer of eternities, collar of Shapeth, Light Armour

Heroes

Liche Priest - 2 Dispell Scrolls

Core
    3 Chariots - Standard

23 Skeleton Archers - Standard - Banner of Undying legion

23 Skeleton Archers - Standard

3 Chariots - Standard

Special
    4 Carrion

Tomb Scorpian

Tomb Scorpian

Rare

Casket of Souls (LP with 2 DS goes with this)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Drop the standards on the chariots, doubles the Victory points the enemy gets for them if they die from getting crumbled in combat.

Add music to the skellie units, and possibly another carrion to the unit.

Or maybe look at dropping a Scroll too and having 2 units of 3 Carrion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Ok, How does this one look... added another 2 Carrion and made 2 units of 3.

Dropped the Standards on Chariots and then added champions and musicans to both units... Which could be good if I face a HE army with a dragon as well...

Lord

Heroes

Liche Priest - 1 Dispell Scrolls

Core

3 Chariots

24 Skeleton Archers - Full Command - Banner of Undying legion

24 Skeleton Archers - Full Command

3 Chariots

Special
    3 Carrion

3 Carrion

Tomb Scorpian

Tomb Scorpian

Rare

Casket of Souls (LP with 1 DS goes with this)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Gday,

Ill be using a similar list to yours, but with one main difference. My main tactic will be to sit back for while, with 2 ssc and 20 archers shooting away, trying to draw the enemy towards me. What I want waiting for them, is an uber CC unit of doom. Here is where I enter with my 20 Tomb Guard with FC, warbanner, with a King.

This way, the enemy can't stay back, or I should shoot him to hell, but if he advances, he'll be coming face-to-face with my most powerful block of troops.

Then of course, the usual flank charges, scorepions underground and such.

Just thought Id throw that in. I mean, once the enemy battle line reaches yours, what have you got defending it? Skeletons with bows. Your scorpions and King are your biggest hitters, but they cant win combat on their own. they need good support.

Phoenix or Spector will know better than I if your list lends itself toward successful defensive tactics, however, so they can chime in to tell how wrong I am whenever they like...

Regards, Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Thanks tim...

That was why my initial list had the chariot unit with the chariot king... Because I normally paly an offensive list... in fact all the armies I run are pure offense... I'm not sure how many archers etc to have to make it Viable.

I was considering a unit of 20 TG but not sure how to fit them into the army... What would you drop???

ATM I'm thinking of reducing the size of the skeleton units somewhat, drop 3 carrion... a unit of chariots and here goes....

Lord

Heroes

Liche Priest - 1 Dispell Scrolls

Core

3 Chariots

20 Skeleton Archers - Champion, Standard

20 Skeleton Archers - Champion, Standard

Special

3 Carrion

19 Tomb Guard Standard, War Banner

Tomb Scorpian

Tomb Scorpian

Rare

Casket of Souls - (LP with 1 DS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Cool. Drop the skellie champs though, and get FC for the Tomb Guard. Maybe swap their warbanner for the Undying Legion banner. Also by my calculations, doing the above you should be able to get Music for both skellie units by dropping it from the TG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Awesome, good list. The skellie champs dont protect the LP's in challanges anyway, since the enemy can just retire the champs, and attack the LP's with normal troops. You can save points here.

I don't use a casket at the moment, but Id be hesitent to use one without a ward on the priest. See, you should LOVE gunline armies with this list, urling skulls and arrows left right nd centre, panicing them off the board, but when they put a cannon down.....granted, we're only talking about 2 armies really, so if you think you can get out of sight in deployement, cool. Also remember, a second preist is allowed to join the casket, and as long as one is alive, the casket lives. You could use this to leep it alive while scops or carrion took out cannons. Again, something to think about I guess.

Regards, Tim

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)