750 Pt Starter Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

750 Pt Starter Force

Tomb Prince
    Sword of Striking
    Enchanted Shield
    Light Armour

Liche Priest

--

25 x Skeleton Warriors
    Spears and Shields
    Full Command

20 x Skeleton Warriors

--

Tomb Scorpion

--

There is a reason for the Prince to have the Sword of Striking. He will hit most basic troops on a 2+ and this combined with his high strength will add some almost guaranteed killing power to the spearmen unit.

Any advise on improving the list? All comments welcome ;Y

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep the Sword of Striking if you want, but at such a low point game you really want to keep character costs down, maybe Price with Collar of Shappesh and a Great Weapon?

Lose the spears, just go for two blocks of 20 bowmen.

With the spare points give your Hierophant the cloak of dunes, and maybe get somit like a Tomb Swarm or even another scorp if you can find the points?

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

I agree with the above. The Collar on the Prince provides a decent 'save'. Have him in a Bow Skellie unit of 24. Thatll give you somewhere to use his spell early on, as well as a few skellies for ''overkill', i.e they are expendable before you need to start resurrecting or loosing rank bonuses.

Give the Hiero the Cloak of the Dunes. The Hieratic jar can come in handy too, but not necessary yet.

Loose the other skellie unit for points elsewhere. One static block should be fine for now, but you need stuff for killing. Get a single Swarm as your second Core.

Scorp is good, maybe get 3 Carrion and/or 3 Chariots in there aswell.

Id definitely recommend an SSC. These things are awesome, I find. at 750 the upgrade isnt vital yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice so far. I have written a couple of revised lists based on what was said. Ill play test them all and write up the finalised 750 list once I am settled.

I cant believe I overlooked the Collar.

The list that I will try first, will look like this; (its five points over though)

Tomb Prince
    Collar of Shapesh

Liche Priest
    Cloak of the Dunes

--

20 x Skeleton Warriors

20 x Skeleton Warriors

--

Tomb Scorpion

--

Screaming Skull Catapault
    Last edited by thewaspboy; February 21st, 2008 at 22:55. Reason: missed a word out..oops

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

see, I think the SSC is too much for this amount of points. In a small game, there is a good chance you will never hit anything with it (it can scatter, and there aren't near as many troops on the board as in a larger game)

I would definately get a great weapon on your Prince and bows on the skelies, cause they can't march and it's a long walk to the other side of a gunline. Tomb Swarms will help immensely as they can hold up a warmachine crew for a couple of turns with some luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Skeletons all come with bows as standard.

The screaming skull. Hmm. I see what you mean, and knowing my luck wont hit the broad side of a barn anyways. Ill use it for a single game, then Ill most likely switch it out. I could always exchange that for another Tomb Scorpion. And stick a great weapon on my Prince. All for one point cheaper.

When I hit 1k, the catapault is more than likely going in. Ive got the points and the targets then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Aside from the Scorp and Swarm, the SSC will be cheaper thn his other units and will likely do the most damage. 2 Shots per turn potential, just dont misfire, and a little guess range practice and its the deadliest thing in the army. No saves, flaming, magical, template, AND its special rule. What more could you want for less than 100pts... ok so maybe a Scorp, but you have one already and they have different roles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after a bit of consideration, I am sticking at just the single scorpion. and a catapault.

Ill need the guessing practice for when I hit 2k.

Plus two scorpions will get the whines from the gunlines that will make my ears bleed. (there are too many of em at my GW)

That reformed list will be the one that I take. Its potentially going to see a doubles tourney too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by thewaspboy View Post
    Plus two scorpions will get the whines from the gunlines that will make my ears bleed. (there are too many of em at my GW)
    Bah! No gunline player has any right to whinge at another player! they are the bottom of the sportsmanship barrel... excluding Dual Tree WE players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you Phoenix. Thank you. Someone that sees sense.

You can always tell when you have annoyed a dwarf player, cus they whip out a gunline, or the hammer unit of immovable death and nastiness. But thats what scorpions like for their first courses, and thats their role in that small force. and in bigger forces too.
    Last edited by thewaspboy; February 22nd, 2008 at 01:00.

+ Reply to Thread