King Settra list 3500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

King Settra list 3500

Was looking at King Settra and he just rocks ! i made a list arround him that im actually considering for the Ard'Boys. Im actually short a couple hundred points that i would prob use on a TG unit and im missign 4 chariots. What do you guys think ? Settra would be attached to one of the chariot units, i gave the 2 brooches to the prince cause im gonna suffer in the magic phase and i want the option of dispelling some crazy spell coming my way.

SETTRA ARMY 3500

LORDS
    SETTRA:

HEROES
    TOMB PRINCE:
    CHARIOT, LIGHT ARMOR, SHIELD, SPEAR OF ANTARHAK

TOMB PRINCE:
    CHARIOT, LIGHT ARMOR, SHIELD, BROOCH OF THE GREAT DESERT X 2

CORE
    CHARIOT 1:
    3 CHARIOTS, MUSC, STANDARD, CHAMP
    MIRAGE STANDARD

CHARIOT 1:
    4 CHARIOTS, MUSC, STANDARD, CHAMP

CHARIOT 1:

CHARIOT 1:

CHARIOT 1:

CHARIOT 1:

CHARIOT 1:

SKELETON HEAVY HORSEMEN:
    6 HORSEMEN

SKELETON HEAVY HORSEMEN:
    6 HORSEMEN

SKELETON HEAVY HORSEMEN:
    6 HORSEMEN

SKELETON HEAVY HORSEMEN:
    6 HORSEMEN

SKELETON HEAVY HORSEMEN:
    6 HORSEMEN

SPECIAL
    CARRION:
    4 CARRION

TOMB SCORPION:

TOMB SCORPION:

TOMB SCORPION:

RARE
    SCREAMING SKULL CATAPULT:
    SKULLS OF THE FOE

SKULLS OF THE FOE

SKULLS OF THE FOE

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off I am pretty sure you can only take one Brooch of the Desert. Second, why the Heavy cavalry? Less survivable then chariots and they do way less damage. You should be in combat no later then turn 3 if not by turn two and once you are stuck in magic becomes less of a threat. But yes, you will be eating at least one turn of magic.

Only real defense against the first turn of enemy magic is to try and make the units they are hiding in run and hope they don't rally or Alpha strike the lord level mage with the Carrion if at all possible.

I would tenatively suggest trying for max characters as well. More magic for them to try and stop and you can set up the extra princes for alternate purposes. Like one could be givel the Flail of Skulls for multiwound monster hunting, another the Chariot of fire/Ward save combo for a really hard hitting set of impacts, maybe even try out an Icon Bearer to get in an extra banner with a chariot unit.

The Tomb Guard if included are so slow there job would have to be Catapult guard detail. Our free reform banner is a good idea for them in this role.

Swarms might be useful as meat shields for the catapults or for an extra burrowing unit to hunt warmachines.
    Do not question the dice gods for their wrath is swift and terrible.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

The Broach is a Magic Item, so you can only have one. Id also suggest maxing out on Princes. Add EShield to the Antarhak one, have one with Flail of Skulls maybe.

Full command on Chariots is a waste, keep the standards only. Possibly music, but Champ is a huge No.

If you want Cav, take a few units of Light, not heavy. That, or just have more Chariots.

Add 2 Scarab Swarms, and then have 2 units of 3 (or 5 if you can) Carrion, with 2 Scorps.

SSCs are a waste, youll be shooing amongst your own Chariots. Drop them, take a BG or two if you want some Rares.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right on the brooch

I though that with setra i HAD to have 50% of the army consisting of chariots, tomb guard and heavy calv ? thats why i took the TG and the HC.
    I WISH i could replace the SSCs with giants, but i dont have any im tight as it is fielding that many chariots...
    I SHOULD max out on princes...gotta see if i can find a couple more.

lol, i cant wait to see the look on my oponents face when he sees a line of chariots stretching accross the board

i posted this list on my gaming comunity forum and one of my friends said he would punch me in the face if i field this against him im bigger than he is , so im not to worried.;Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Heavy cavalry is fine. It can provide you with mobile, static combat res. Just pretend they are fast moving skeleton blocks.

+ Reply to Thread