2000pt TK - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000pt TK

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

2000pt TK

My TK army has been gathering dust on a shelf lately while I focused on my Dwarfs and the upcomming Daemons of Chaos. I've decided to put my hand back in a write some new lists to see if I couldn't spark some interest that would make me play my TK more. This is just a general 2000 point list, any thoughts or comments would be welcome.

LORD

Tomb King: Great Weapon, Armour of Ages, Collar of Shapesh

HERO

Lich Priest: Cloak of the Dunes, Hieratic Jar

Lich Priest: Staff of Ravening, Skeletal Mount

Lich Priest: Skeletal Mount

CORE

5 Light Calvary (LP goes here)

3 Charriots

3 Charriots

SPECIAL

19 Tomb Guard: Standard Bearer, Banner of Undying Legion (TK goes here)

20 Tomb Guard: Standard Bearer

1 Tomb Scorpion

1 Tomb Scorpion

RARE

Screaming Skull Catapult: Skull of the Foe

The idea is that almost everything is in support of my two blocks of Tomb Guard. My Hiero hangs back to smite the SSC untill it is close combat time, the two mounted priest each stay near a block of TG. barebones charriots hang on the flanks ready to add flank support for the TG or to prevent them from being flanked. Tomb Scorpions hunt war machines, character assasinate and mess with skirmishers.

Any thoughts or comments would be great.

The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Hmm... strangely... nice...

FC for both TG units would be nice. Perhaps loose the third Priest and have a Prince to lead the other TG. Wil leave you a little short on antimagic though.

Maybe lose a Scorp for 3 Carrion.. and then get a Scarab Swarm in to make up the ICFB unit numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

207 (x5)

LORD

HERO

Tomb Prince: Spear of Antarhak, Shield, Light Armour

CORE

1 Tomb Swarm

3 Charriots

3 Charriots

SPECIAL

19 Tomb Guard: Standard Bearer, Champion (TP goes here)

1 Tomb Scorpion

5 Carrion

RARE

Made the changes you talked about. Without the LP I didn't need the second unit of Light Cav so I axed that as well. With all the points shaved I had enough for 5 Carrion to make them usefull for war machine and cross fire uses. I only had room for 1 Tomb Swarm which seems like it will really only be usefull for confounding the enemy on exactly which hole in the ground my scorpion will be coming out.

Tomb prince is fairly bare bones as what I like to typically give him is already on my Tomb King. The thing I worry about now without the third LP isn't magic defense so much as magic offense. I've lost a bit of passive magic power by including the TP, which I really only worry about for rezing lost Tomb Guard. Thats why I went with the healing spear setup, which also provides him a decent armor save in CC...though no ward. The TP is also why I put a Champion in the unit to take challenges, this should lessen the need for a ward save on the TP.

I also considered instead of TP, actually taking an Icon Bearer with Light Armour and giving him the War Banner. This would add +2 static combat resolution...+1 for BSB and +1 from War Banner I think...correct me if its only +1. Either way I wonder if this +2/1 wouldn't actually bennefit the unit more than the TP who I would only really expect to kill 1, maybe 2 rank and file himself. With the IB and War Banner present I have a static combat res of 5/6. All of this would also cost 54 points less than the Tomb Prince. The biggest concern I have stopping this would be the loss of an incantation.

Any more advice or comments would be great, thanks for the help so far!!!
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

To make use of the Prince early on, look at starting him with one of the SSCs.

The 5 Carrion for catching fleeing units is overrated ive fund, id say drop 2, the FC for the TG will be more use. Give the Prince an EShield too, or Vambraces.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

I liked the first list, but I like the second one even better. It's very well balanced, and having to deal with two units of Tomb Guard is not good. The fact that it's supported by chariots, light cav, scorpions, and carrion makes it even uglier.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Bonzi View Post
    I also considered instead of TP, actually taking an Icon Bearer with Light Armour and giving him the War Banner. This would add +2 static combat resolution...+1 for BSB and +1 from War Banner I think...correct me if its only +1. Either way I wonder if this +2/1 wouldn't actually bennefit the unit more than the TP who I would only really expect to kill 1, maybe 2 rank and file himself. With the IB and War Banner present I have a static combat res of 5/6. All of this would also cost 54 points less than the Tomb Prince. The biggest concern I have stopping this would be the loss of an incantation.
    Hmm.. thinking along these lines, so long as you dont mind loosing that 1 casting dice, then an IB could be pretty good.

Go for Armour of the Ages + Vambraces for Prince like IB, or Spear of Ant + EnchShield + LA, though he looses his free KB then. Or the Warbanner as you said, though that could ust go to the unit standard. Savred Eye may be really nice too, with all those KB attacks... Damn decisions!

OOH! Rakaph! lol

Amyway;
    In a Tomb Guard unit of 19 with FC:

3 ranks, Banner, BSB, Warbanner = +6 Static res.

+ Outnumber, Flank/Rear possible.

Add to that, 8S4 KB A's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

207 (x5)

LORD

HERO

Tomb Prince: Spear of Antarhak, Enchanted Shield, Light Armour

CORE

1 Tomb Swarm

3 Charriots

3 Charriots

SPECIAL

19 Tomb Guard: Standard Bearer, Champion, Warbanner (TP goes here)

1 Tomb Scorpion

3 Carrion

RARE

Hows that look. I still can't find the points for F.C. on the Tomb Guard, but the banner is the most important part in my book so it'll have to do.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

I'd swap your King and Prince setup around a bit. Drop the Spear/Enchanted shield combo on the Prince as the Spear is meh on foot to begin with and you lose a heavy hitter in the Prince. Give him a Great Weapon and move the Collar onto him.

For the King, give him the Golden Ankhra on top of Armor of the Ages and he is good to go as well.

My favorite thing to do with that Prince though would be to stick him in a chariot and give him Chariots of Fire and Golden Eye of Rah-Nutt along with a flail, but you might not be able to free the points up for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a really nice list, quite original too. My only concern would be your lack of magic defence. I run King prince lp lp combo as well but use a casket to offset the lack of magic defence. With only 4 DD and no scrolls you may be a little hard pressed against some of the magic heavy armies out their with spells that are particularly nasty against TK such as Flames of the Phoenix and several of the new daemon spells.
    Apart from this it is an overall great list and should do well.

+ Reply to Thread