3500 Tourny List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3500 Tourny List

This is a list I made for the next 3500 pt tourny.
    I do not have my list on me at the moment, so I will leave the magic items off until in the morning.

Lords
    Khalida
    Lich High Priest

Heros
    Lich Priest
    Lich Priest
    Lich Priest
    Lich Priest

Core
    40 Skeleton Warriors w/asp
    4 Chariots
    5 Light Horsemen w/asp

Special
    3 Carrion
    3 Carrrion

Rare
    Casket of Souls
    SSC w/ SoF
    SSC w/ Sof

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Personally I see this list getting stomped. You have a lot of shooting, but if the enemy gets into CC with you, you're dead. You special choices are lacking a bit in my opinion (atleast 1 scorpion and some Ushabti could definately be easily obtained at this level). And the skeleton blocks of 40 are too big. You'll have a hard time getting them all lined up in single file across the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The plan is for them not to get into hand to hand. I will use the carrion to keep them from marching. That is 160 poisoned arrows per turn and up to 240. On average if I get to shoot every unit that is 40 poisoned wounds and 40 more hits. I should get at least 3 rounds of shooting before they can make it to me.

A guy used a similiar list that only had a total of 40 archers and was decimating everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by manakari View Post
    The plan is for them not to get into hand to hand. I will use the carrion to keep them from marching. That is 160 poisoned arrows per turn and up to 240. On average if I get to shoot every unit that is 40 poisoned wounds and 40 more hits. I should get at least 3 rounds of shooting before they can make it to me.

A guy used a similiar list that only had a total of 40 archers and was decimating everything.
    I can tell you from experience, that this in fact will most likely be massacred when the opponent gets across the table. When sadly, not if.

I love a good Khalida list as much as the next guy, but the fact remains that Tomb Kings need to be a more "balanced" list that some others. You have little no no options for a counter charge for when your archer blocks get engaged.

The most basic troops are going to hit your blocks on three's, wound on four's with no saves at all. You can heal, but to what effect, and for what reason, you still need something to win the combat for you, those skeleton archers will not. Nor will your one small unit of chariots.

If you are aiming for the Khalida Tomb King "Pseudo-Gunline" army, I suggest including some more counter charge units, more chariots, or Ushabti will work wonders for that. Also, I suggest upping your Carrion unit to five strong, and dropping the other to make room for a pair of Tomb Scorpions. A Tomb Swarm would also be a good addition to protect your Casket and catapults, while not limiting them from firing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Molasses View Post
    I love a good Khalida list as much as the next guy, but the fact remains that Tomb Kings need to be a more "balanced" list that some others. You have little no no options for a counter charge for when your archer blocks get engaged.
    Mr. M hits the nail on the head here. Tomb Kings really do preform best when balanced, and while Khalida shooty list of doom may look appealing, it will get murdered in CC and lacks the umph of some other gunlines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used a Khalida army on the first round and got first place, this is what i used ( no magic items included )

LORDS
    Khalida
    Liche High priest

HEROES
    Prince
    Liche priest
    Liche Priest
    Liche Priest

CORE
    3x 20 skel bowmen /std/musc/asp
    2x 3 chariots /std/musc
    5 light skell horse

SPECIAL
    2x Scorpions
    3 Carrion
    20 Tomb Guard std/champ/musc
    4 Ushbati

RARE
    Casket
    2 x SSC

As you can see this is a more balanced list, but still keeps the poison arrows from my Skels and i have units to counter charge with the chariots or Ushbati, and the tomb guard make a solid block of hard hitting infantry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x5)

Indeed, I think Val's list is a stronger version of what you were shooting at. He's lost a bit of the shooting you had, but has units that can tear it up in close combat when the time comes for it.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ok, time for my take on this one...

Lords
    Khalida
    Good
    Lich High Priest
    Good, go with Claok and M Plaques

Heros
    Lich Priest
    + Hjar
    Lich Priest
    + Steed + S o Rav

Lich Priest
    Lich Priest
    Possibly drop these two out for Princes. One with GW + Collar and other... up to you really, Chariot Prince to join the Chariots?, Maybe make the second Prince and IB instead. Just stick with swapping one out if you dont want thw Hjar LP at the Casket.

Core
    Run units of 25, with Music, and possibly banner. Youll only gte all your shots against large targets, unless you spread out massively. 24 + for units to contain Characters (Khalida, Prince, (IB?)) and give Khalidas unit the BotUL.

4 Chariots
    Good, drop to 3 if Prince joins them, and add banner, + possibly Sacred Eye magic banner

5 Light Horsemen w/asp
    very meh... loose em if you can spend the points better elsewhere.

Try and get a Scarab Base or two in.

Special
    3 Carrion
    3 Carrion
    Good. Add 2 Scorps, or 1 atleast and maybe some Ushabti. Fill up the 5th slot with TG maybe

Rare
    Casket of Souls
    SSC w/ SoF
    SSC w/ SoF
    Great!

+ Reply to Thread