Tomb King(2) 2000pt Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Tomb King(2) 2000pt Friendly

Been playing with alot of lists lately so here we go (btw i am limited in models/money so first off no carrion/TG yet (their coming))

Characters:
    Tomb King(22 Sword of Might, En Shield, Light armor, Collar of Shapesh
    Tomb Prince (176) Great weapon, Light armor, Chariot, fire
    Priest (h) (160) Jar/cloak
    Priest (160) Staff of Ravening

Core

1 Swarm
    20 Warrior (160) Bow
    24 Warrior (261) Spear/shield, Champ, Banner (Cursing word)

3 Chariots

6 Heavy horse

Special
    3 Ushabti
    1 Scorpion

Rare
    1 Giant
    1 SSC

total 1996

then another this time using a LHP

Characters:
    Tomb Prince(184) Chariot, Fire, En Shield, spear, light armor
    Litch High Priest (310) Golden Ankhra, Cloak of dunes
    Priest (140) Jar
    Priest(16 Staff of Ravening(horse)

Core

5 Light horse
    5 Light Horse
    6 Heavy horse (149) Standard, Champ, Banner (Cursing)
    21 Skeleton(18 Champ, standard, bow (point dump)

Special
    3 Chariots
    3 Chariots
    Tomb Scorpion
    Tomb Scorpion

Rare
    1 Giant
    1 SSC

total 1999

the first list is. well i really don't know... the second is all about mobility and speed, with the skull/archers providing some Ranged doom.

Last edited by Hondor; May 27th, 2008 at 11:42. Reason: i'm an idiot :P

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ok, so starting with the 1st list, naturally:

Click for my thoughts on Spear Skellies (A Beginners Guide to Tomb Kings)

King is good, Prince could use a different weapon. Possibly even the Sword of Battle, but the extra Str is nice. Maybe re-equip the King and give the Prince the SoMight.

Hiero is good, mount the SoR Priest.

The Banner of the Cursing Word is quite a poor banner in general to be honest, lose it and give the Skellies Music (if my other post in response to your Q is enough to convince you)

Maybe give the Chariots Banner + Magic Banner. With your Character setup and no Casket, you could find the BotUL spell handy.

the 6 Heavy Cav wont do much, swap them for Light Cav, or lose them all together.

Only 2 Special choices used, interesting. Though you say TG and Carrion are on the way which is good. Ushabti work far better in units of 4, so add one to their number if you can. A second Scorp would be nice too possibly.

Rare selection, im not going to shoot the Giant down, this is a fairly balanced listso hes fine there. Just upgrade the SSC.

And onto the LHP list:

Your Character points for the two Priests look a little off, im guessing youve just copied and posted those.

Prince is fine, although im not a fan of having my general run around in a chariot, it works for some people. Add the Mighty Plaques to the LHP, and possibly lose the GA (depends how prone you are to allowing him to get shot lol).Priests are fine.

LCav are fine, again the Heavy cav unit is too small, especially for giving them FC and magic banner. A LOT of points tied up in just 6W with little armour and low T. Either drop them altogether, or increase their unit size to 10, if not 12. Lose the Champ, and if you want a Magic banner add a decent one (i.e BotUL)

If you're having your Prince General run around in a Chariot, then his unit could do with some bulking out. Give his Chariot unit Standard + Sacred Eye. Boost the second Chariot unit to 4 Strong to even numbers, and possibly add Standard there too.

Same with the Rare as before, upgrade the SSC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

as said limited with models at the moment. where i live i have to order everything so i need a) big orders and b) time.

right now i have 48 skelletons, 6 chariots, 16 horse. 2 ushabi (use a swarm for the 3rd i know i'm horrible) 2(1) swarms, 1 catapult, 1 scorp, 1 giant. 2 priests one on foot one on horse, prince on foot.

to respond to a few of your counters.
    Cursing word, i use this because a) i play alot of low Ld armys (goblins, skaven and such) and as my dice rolls suck (see one round of magic with me rolling nothing but ones) this is something that will do dmg without my crappy rolls to offend it. have actually turned the tide a few times.

to the spear skellys. they have done their job time and time again. never once has the unit died before turn there was nothing i could do to turn the game around. having 24 (line them up 6 wide 4 rank deep with prince/king in there) gives me 12 attacks back even if my oponent kills 5 i still get 7 back. i've thought about HW/S/L for more of a sponge but with the way i tend to be playing kinda need them to do a bit of dmg every now and then.

to music, have actually (used to be dwarf player) never had a single fight ever come down to a tie. so maybe it's just that i've never had a musician be found usefull that i am reluctant to put one in

giving the heavy calv a shot. have done my last few games with a unit of 5 or so L.Calv and they well. died bad so gonna give the heavy a shot to see how they work (still experimenting with the army only had it for 3 weeks )

and your right my LP points are wrong i've fixed them now.

my friends are mean and hunt down my herophant like dogs on a hunt. had him die to many times b/c of no armor/ward save. but will give that a shot (hell with the way i roll even uping that to 2's instead of 1's will help... (not hard to dispell every spell i throw your way when you only have to use 1 dispell dice a spell (Grumble)))

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Cool, for 3 weeks thats not a bad army collection

How do they go after your Hiero? What spells/shooting/units do they go for him with?

And what do you do to protect him? In terms of positioning, moving, placement in units etc?

May be able to help you out a bit with survival.

Also looking at the list of what you have, may be best to stick to games of 1500pts for now, no need to stretch your army beyond its reasonable limits.

Edit: From what you have, just thrown together quite a reasonable 1800 list:

TP w/ CoS + SoM + LA + S
    LP 2/ CoD + HJ
    LP w/ SoR + Steed

24 Skellies
    Spear, Shield, LA
    FC

20 Bowmen

12 Heavy Cav
    Standard, BotUL, Music

Swarm

3 Ushabti

4 Chariots
    Standard
    Sacred Eye

Scorp

SSC + SotF
    Last edited by Phoenix; May 27th, 2008 at 11:54.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

slightly remade lists

Characters:
    Tomb King(22 Sword of Might, En Shield, Light armor, Collar of Shapesh
    Tomb Prince (176) Great weapon, Light armor, Chariot, fire
    Priest (h) (160) Jar/cloak
    Priest (16 Staff of Ravening/Horse

Core

1 Swarm
    20 Warrior (160) Bow
    24 Warrior (266) Spear/shield, FC, (Cursing word)

3 Chariots

6 Light horse

Special
    3 Ushabti
    1 Scorpion

Rare
    1 Giant
    1 SSC

total 1997

then another this time using a LHP

Characters:
    Tomb Prince(192) Chariot, Fire, En Shield, spear, light armor
    Litch High Priest (295) Plaques, Cloak of dunes
    Priest (140) Jar
    Priest(16 Staff of Ravening(horse)

Core

5 Light horse
    10 Heavy horse (213) Standard, Champ, Banner (Cursing)
    20 Skeleton, Banner/champ, bow (wasn't sure if to put point cost on this one)

Special
    3 Chariots
    3 Chariots
    Tomb Scorpion
    Tomb Scorpion

Rare
    1 Giant
    1 SSC + Skull (we all know this cost and not sure if i should put cost on this one)

total 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    How do they go after your Hiero? What spells/shooting/units do they go for him with?

And what do you do to protect him?
    well last game he got irisistable force pit of doom thingi (initiative test) on him. so he fell like a load of bricks.

before that had 2 units of fast calv chase him down and ended up being an "always hits on 2's reroll wounds" stupid Dark elf item that finished him off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Also looking at the list of what you have, may be best to stick to games of 1500pts for now, no need to stretch your army beyond its reasonable limits.
    i could if i really wanted i guess substitute a dwarf unit for TG (sigh i hate substitution) eh i've been stuck playing 1000/1500 point games for so long now i wanted to throw myself into the oblivion that is 2000 pt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Ok, a few things then.

Youre ok to out the pts for those skellies, as they have a Champ and Banner. Although most people who look know the pts costs anyway, basically (For an imaginary unit)

10 Warriors = 50pts. This is disallowed as you can easily tell 1 Warrior = 5pts
    10 Warriors with Bows and Shields = 70pts. Allowed as individual costs of the Warrior and Upgrades cannot be determined
    10 Warriors wih Champ and Music = 65 Pts. Again allowed.

Ofcourse someone could just go through all posts, assuming theyre all legal anyway, and use a huge load of simultaneous equations to get pts costs... but who in their right mind would care that much lol.

Anyway, as for Hiero protection:

Use terrain. Bear in mind your spells dont need Line of Sight to your own units. Though he cant fly into most terrain, moving into nearby terrain, sitting just over 2" in, means the enemy cannot see him, and he can still cast. If they chase you in, they cant charge in one turn (unable to see you) so you have time to flee. Just be careful and watch for overrun moves etc.

He can also go behind terrain, most spells need LoS to the target.

His fly move should see him kept safe. Join him to a skellie unit if needs be (though remove him if they are about to get into combat) He will get a Look out Si roll in there, including from the pit. He can also hide behind units, though when facing Teclis (dirty HEs...) The chariot unit got Pit of Shaded, and the guy got the Hiero on the minutest partial. Damn tourney players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Ofcourse someone could just go through all posts, assuming theyre all legal anyway, and use a huge load of simultaneous equations to get pts costs... but who in their right mind would care that much lol.
    *raises hand* ya i did that with the bretonian and Empire lists. i'm a math major at university though so i just do computations for fun

thanks for the advice going to try both lists on my weekly game on wednesday i'll give you a headsup on how things run

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hondor View Post
    *raises hand* ya i did that with the bretonian and Empire lists. i'm a math major at university though so i just do computations for fun

thanks for the advice going to try both lists on my weekly game on wednesday i'll give you a headsup on how things run
    Haha, fair enough I tried it with Empire myself once actually... tried to see if i could write the whole army book (rules) from scratch. But i got bored fast.

Good luck in the games, i look forward to the reports.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast