2250 Defensive List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Defensive List

Hey guys, I've been playing around with this list for a while. I'm starting to get pretty comfortable with Tomb Kings and with this list. Just wanted to post to see what you guys thought.

Tomb King – 204
    Great Weapon
    Collar of Shapesh

Liche Priest – 160
    Hierophant
    Cloak of the Dunes
    Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest – 168
    Skeletal Steed
    Staff of Ravening

Liche Priest – 280
    Casket of Souls

(24) Skeleton Warriors – 251
    Shields
    Light Armor
    Standard Bearer
    Musician
    Banner of the Undying Legion

(20) Skeleton Warriors – 190
    Shields
    Light Armor
    Standard Bearer
    Musician

(17) Skeleton Warriors – XXX

(3) Chariots – XXX

(3) Chariots – XXX

(4) Ushabti - XXX

Tomb Scorpion – XX

Tomb Scorpion – XX

Tomb Scorpion – XX

*********************Screaming Skull Catapult – 110
    Skulls of the Foe Total: 2254

Tomb King with Skellies, Liche Priests run around solo. Usually my hierophant is able to live just fine. So basically when I deploy I put both Skellie blocks near the middle with chariots and Ushabti to the sides making for easy flanks. The Casket and Catapult go near each other meaning I always have a Smiting for my catapult. The goal is to pepper the enemy down with magic, shooting, and all my other nasty little tricks until they finally get close enough to force me into combat, at which point I am able to overwhelm them with skeletons and someone like chariots or a scorpion on the flank. Btw, if my opponent uses war machines that's where the scorpions start, otherwise I've been trying to put them in locations that would allow a nice dual charge or something when they do come up. Anyways, tell me whatcha think!

Last edited by Karmoon; July 3rd, 2008 at 10:50. Reason: editing out points costs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

first off your points costs are wrong.
    your skeletons are actually
    unit of 24 : 256
    unit of 20: 195

Your tomb king is actually 201 (unless he has LA and you didn't list it then he's 204)

also maybe drop the unit of bow skellys to 10 that gives you some swarms to use for ICFB #, drop a scorp for some fast calv (hide the SoR guy in)

other then that it's not to bad.
    Painting: 20 quarrelers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahaha how funny... I must have forgotten to recalculate points when I threw in my musicians (they're pretty recent). As for my Tomb King... I have no idea why I added those three points. I think I remember going over it a few times too, how weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

This is an inetersting list and I might throw some things out there for you to think about. Generally it seems like it is a pretty solid list and I am sure that it will work just fine as it is but here are some ideas that you might like to think about.

One of the first things which I think could be useful is dropping the light armour on the units of skeltons as well as the sheilds... what you might say well it will give you 5 extra skeletons and effectively 66 archers in that firing line! that is a lot of archers for your opponent to deal with and also combined with the SSC and the CoS could be a really nasty list against armies that lack any really shooting ability. If you don't like that I would at least suggest that you drop light armour and sheilds on the unit of 20 skeltons and that would give you another 20 archers to do with the 18.

Another thing which might help in a way is to drop one of the units of chariots... I guess this is a personal thing for me but I find that you have enough flanking prowess with a unit of Ushabti and 1 unit of chariots... combined with the fact that you have 3 scorpians I think you might not need the extra chariot unit... It is also good to see the Ushabti unit at 4 rather than that ugly 3 you see on some lists.

If you were to drop the unit of chariots this would give you some extra points to play with and could open up some interesting thing that you could add... one thing is another block or archers if you want some more missile troops... if you want something slightly different you could consider giving your Tomb King the DoE which is great with a tomb king on foot I find that it is almost a mandatory weapon for a Tomb king on foot and it has got me out of some difficult situations... when you consider that a tomb king only has 4 attacks in combat and the fact that the DoE does 2 automatic hits to each enemy in B2B you generally will get 4 auto hints and if fighting an enemy on small 20mm base 6 hits... better than what you can do elsewhere, not to mention that they also have the killing blow rule which is enough to scare the pants off some enemy generals. Further to this the auto hitting means no rolls to hit! And to be honest the WS of a TK isn't that flash... with the extra points left over you could squeeze in a tomb swarm which you could either use as another ICFB or sit it infront of the CoS or SSC...

Those are just some of my ramblings of things that you could think about in general it seems like a solid list though.
    There is nothing more annoying when your Wyches with Plasma Grenades get "Always strikes First" for their combat drugs!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Please watch out for posting individual points in your lists.

Cheers,

Karmoon
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha yeah those are great points I never even really thought about. I like having the skeletons as a block that can soak up hits while my other units get to flank etc. so I may not change those. A whole line of archers sounds appealing too though ^.^ I also think you're right. Having two chariot units and an ushabti unit typically just means that one unit chills alone most of the game, so I think it may work really well to get rid of a unit of chariots. I think I';ll try some of this out in a sample list

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Overall, looks fine. I would say even out your skellie numbers a bit. As the King can use his MWBD at range, how does this sound:

Possibly add a Champ to the Kings unit.

Drop the 20 Skellies to Bowmen, no LA, and lose the banner.

Boost the 17 Skellies to 20 and add Music.

Keep the 2 Chariot units. I run a very similar list and they come in so handy while the Ushabti help form my main battle line.

Id recommend dropping a Scorp and replacing it with 3 Carrion, look for 1st turn charges and march blocking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I should say make it a 70 unit bowline,with the tactic told ovoer in the book and keeping all the ther offensive assaultive unoitsi as a counterstrike,,pity you cant take a second ssc though,will make this one extra nasty,,

+ Reply to Thread