Noob TK 2250pts list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noob TK 2250pts list

So, as the subject makes it clear im a noob when it comes to TK (ive never even played against them even). The idea of charging with bone giants and chariot units with the help of incantations sounds tasty, so that's the main thing the list is built around. Please, feel free to revamp the list as you see fit, as i said im a complete noob when it comes to TK and am seeking advice

Tomb King w flail of skulls, CoS and chariot - 291
    Tomb prince w Golden Eye of Rah-nut, chariot of fire and chariot - 203
    LP (hiero) w Hieratic Jar, Cloak of the Dunes - 160
    LP w DS and mount - 148

28 skelleton warriors w standard (Banner of the Undying Legion) and champ HW/S/LA - 297
    4 chariots, FC w War banner - 235
    4 chariots, FC - 210
    Tomb scorp - 85
    Tomb scorp - 85
    4 carrion - 96

bone giant - 220
    bone giant - 220

TOTAL: 2250

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it for the most part the only big concern I got with your list is i'd say drop the skeletons completely. The skeletons are only going to slow you down since most of your army is going to have a basic move of 8, and you shouldn't be wasting an urgency on them just so they can keep up. So id say drop the skeletons and replace it with another chariot unit. Also im kinda iffy about FC on undead units especially chariots since its gonna cost you 50 points, but some people have their reasons. I like the lich setups it seems pretty standard. Some people prefer the staff of ravening but it seems pretty situational. I would say swap the golden eye to the king you need him to survive alot more than your prince since hes the general. I would drop the collar completely it seems alot better when your with skeletons but with chariots.....other than that it seems pretty fun.

CKO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

I'll make a large skeleton heavy horseman unit instead of the skelez. You can get the extra points by not taking a champion in the chariot units or just using 3 instead of 4. The heavy horseman hit harder, move faster, and have a better save they will be able to keep up with your army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Minko View Post
    So, as the subject makes it clear im a noob when it comes to TK (ive never even played against them even). The idea of charging with bone giants and chariot units with the help of incantations sounds tasty, so that's the main thing the list is built around. Please, feel free to revamp the list as you see fit, as i said im a complete noob when it comes to TK and am seeking advice
    Okay thats good u said that. its nout to be ashamed of as we were all noobs one time (well most of the time for me)

Tomb King w flail of skulls, CoS and chariot - 291
    Tomb prince w Golden Eye of Rah-nut, chariot of fire and chariot - 203
    LP (hiero) w Hieratic Jar, Cloak of the Dunes - 160
    LP w DS and mount - 148
    the tomb king aint bad. almost a cheap but faster destroyer of eternities, the color though is not good if you are taking him with chariots due to their small number
    nice tomb prince
    nice hiero getting him where needed. make sure he goes in the middle of the carrion so he can tbe hurt as much
    might need another dispell scroll but other wise good

28 skelleton warriors w standard (Banner of the Undying Legion) and champ HW/S/LA - 297
    good choice of banner but the unit is too large really. thats one unit to attack most of his main footsloggers and just one instead of 2 or 3 to hit. I see ya reasoning in the matter but most combat skeletons units should operate at 20 men with room for characters

4 chariots, FC w War banner - 235
    4 chariots, FC - 210
    Full command on chariots isnt particully useful. take the standard by all means but the champ and musician aint worth it. you get enough hits from impacts and the chance of getting a draw result against something is unlikly. they will win most small combats by them self but they need help against big blocks of footslogger as they will just crumble

Tomb scorp - 85
    Tomb scorp - 85
    these are nice wouldnt leave home with out 2 in 1000pts, maybe fit an extra one in from dropping one of the giants

4 carrion - 96
    good choice. I would recommend getting a few more to protect the priest with the cloak of the dunes

bone giant - 220
    bone giant - 220
    Personally these never quite work out for me the way they should. they have 5 attacks but only hiting half the time and then having to wound to get extra attacks, you end up with few extras if any espicially against troops with a ward save. for the price of one giant you can get 2 catapults with a -1 mod to enemy leadership plus its hard to attack it cause its in the back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, thanks for the great advice, you're really making my early "to buy" choices easier for me Here's a revised list:

King - FoS, Golden eye of rahnut, chariot, LA/S
    Prince - Chariot of fire, LA/S, flail
    LP - jar, CotD
    LP - steed, DS

The character comp is almost the same, i removed CoS on the king and gave him golden eye instead. The extra DS is situational and it needs minor cutbacks on skellies to fit in so it's not really a problem.

3x chariots w standard
    3x chariots w standard (war banner)
    4x chariots w standard
    20x skelleton warriors w bow, standard (BotUL)
    2x tomb swarm

Removed FC on chariots and made em 3 size (chars join these) and made an extra unit of 4 with standard. Skellies now down to 20, still with BotUL, but now with bows (i dont think the S/HA will make that a difference, so lower cost and a bit of shooting from a road block is always nice). also fitted in 2 bases of tomb swarm, dunno if i should just make it 1 and fit something else in using other leftover points.

3x tomb scorp
    5x carrion

y, the carrion unit should be good for defending the hiero, and 10Wo, 10A w T4 flying unit sounds great, but would they be cumbersome with their base sizes for warmachine hunting. tomb scorps are like "whoa" on paper and everyone agrees they're "whoa" on the table so the more the marrier maybe loose 1 carrion, the unit of skellies and a scorp for 4 ushabti and an extra tomb swarm base.

SSC skulls of the foe
    Bone giant

2250 pts even

I know the bone giant is hardly impressive, but hey, a T5 W6 terror can come in handy + the model is great so i'm defo getting one As i said, thanks for the advice, i hope the list is better now, certainly looks better to me, feel free to comment and adjust it
    Oh on another note; how do you feel about khalida as general? turning road blocks into poison shooting units sounds delish, so i'll try playing with that idea too.
    oh yea, is it true that khalida makes charriots core?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    93 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Minko View Post
    oh yea, is it true that khalida makes charriots core?
    After looking at the codex i would say no becasue the chariots entry sys that if the army is lead by a tomb king they may be core but otherwise they are special. Khalida is a lord choice but not a tomb king therefore chariots are a special choice for her. Unless there is also a tomb king as well (3000pts+)
    Last edited by zsssmart; September 13th, 2008 at 20:12.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by zsssmart View Post
    After looking at the codex i would say no becasue the chariots entry sys that if the army is lead by a tomb king they may be core but otherwise they are special. Khalida is a lord choice but not a tomb king therefore chariots are a special choice for her. Unless there is also a tomb king as well (3000pts+)
    Don't be Sexist See the TK FAQ, Khalida does count as a King for army construction, meaning Core Chariots, and a banner for you Skellies woo!

+ Reply to Thread