2000p friendly game... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000p friendly game...

Alternative 1, TK Offensive Lord

Lord: Tomb King, light armor, Flail of Skulls, collar, chariot
    Hero: Liche Priest, CoD, HJar (Hierophant)
    Hero: Liche Priest, SoRav
    Hero: Liche Priest (Casket)

Core: Tomb Swarms x2
    Core: Skeleton Warriors, bows, x16
    Core: Skeleton Warriors, la/shield/hw, BotUL, x20
    Core: Chariots x3

Spec: Tomb Scorpion
    Spec: Ushabti x4

Rare: Screaming Skull Catapult, SotF
    Rare: Casket of Souls

Points total: 1996p

Rebuilt the list slightly, same basic setup except that the King now has the collar, the bowmen are fewer, another scorpion... well. Yes, the lord is a wee bit offensive, but working on the flanks and keeping away from the large enemy block's charges, he shuold be able to move around and hit stuff in the back, or simply 'go around' and maul some enemy wizards into oblivion.

Alternative 2, All-Hero Defensive

Lord: Tomb Prince, light armor, gw, collar
    Hero: Liche Priest, CoD, HJar (Hierophant)
    Hero: Liche Priest, mounted, SoRav
    Hero: Liche Priest, dispel scroll (Casket)

Core: Tomb Swarms x3
    Core: Skeleton Warriors, bows, x20
    Core: Light cavalry, x5

Spec: Chariots x3
    Spec: Ushabti x4
    Spec: Tomb Guard, BotUL, x20

Rare: Screaming Skull Catapult, SotF
    Rare: Casket of Souls

Points total: 1999p

Adding the 3rd tomb swarm felt like just filling out the list points-wise, I don't know what else to do with those 46p left. But I reckon the swarms could be used defensively as well, err... Anyways, an all-hero list feels like an economic choice. What do you think?

Last edited by Banshee; October 24th, 2008 at 09:15.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Collar of shapesh is mandatory on your king. He can't stroll around saveless.

I hope your King will get a liche priest to tag along, otherwise he will not get any My Will Be Done! off. He goes better the priests in the casting order, and can easely be blocked off with is 1 dice incantations.

The main issue with this list, is that it is mostly defensive, with a offensive Lord and unit setup. Light chariots are not meant to take on enemy units up front, and any smart opponent will just setup a nice block of infantry to stop you from flanking. Then your king and is chariot unit become a very expensive refused flank unit. Without support, he will not achieve what you have in mind for him. Scorpions and swarms will not provide you with any real support. The scorpion has US 4, he cannot take away ranks, nor score bonuses for rear or flanks. He will generate 2 combat resolution at best, provided he doesn't get wounded in return.

Your options are now :
    A - Trade in the Ushabti, or possibly the casket, for another unit that will keep up with your chariots.
    B - Use the chariots to refuse flanks, and dismount the king.
    C - Who needs a king! High liche priest for total defensive setup!

You have to buy the standard bearer in order to purchase a magical banner, that is correct.

Always start your Heriophant in a unit. Even though he is behind a unit, he really doesn't mean he is safe. (I have often killed hierophants with Gork on the warpath has they strolled around the battlefield)

Some light horsemen would make a good meat shield for your mounted priest.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

TG + Ush are very expensive, id say drop the TG, getting in a second skellie unit, and then fill the Special slots with another Scorp and maybe some Carrion.

I agree that the TK needs that collar, and id say dismount him too (although thats just personal opinion, as i often found my chariot King dragged down in battle. Far more sturdy on foot)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(updated the first post with the list, added two alternative lists!)

Yeah, perhaps dropping the TG and replace it with 20 or so Skeleton Warriors with la/shield/hw. That's a friggin 100p difference between the two choices, which could be spent on the collar to give the king a reasonable save.

Putting the King into the skeleton warriors seems like a sensible solution, though I must admit I'm still a bit blinded by the sheer murderous possibilites that a mounted king have. Granted he might simply sit back, secure a flank and charge into the fray when melee is reached to keep the whole army together.

Adding another skellie unit, however, fills up another Core slot, which perhaps could validate downgrading the King to a Prince, taking chariots as a special choice, getting another 70 points refunded...

Got some light cavalry lying around, might look into that to give the mounted LP some soaking meatshields... boneshields...

No carrions as of yet.

I've looked into taking a HLP, but the cost is insane, I thought 2000p would be plenty of points but it's a damned nut-cracker to decide on a good list.
    Last edited by Banshee; October 24th, 2008 at 09:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Taking the King at 2000 points is well worth the meager 70 point difference. An extra My Will Be Done, and the superior stat line makes it all the more worthwhile. Enemy players will also take on your prince head on without any second thoughts. Easy picking, 100 points for the general as well.

Taking a High Liche priest and a casket makes you rely a tad too much on your magic, and limits the amount of special choices you can field (chariots remaining special). If you want a very defensive setup, go for the High priest, otherwise the King is part of a healthy morning balanced meal. The destroyer of eternities will make pretty much anyone stay as far away as possible from extended combat with your king.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread