2000 pt team list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

2000 pt team list

We've got a team game coming up. My partner has Vampires and we're taking on the Elves (High and Wood)

2000 Pts - Tomb Kings Army
    Liche High Priest w Cloak and Jar
    4 Carrion
    Tomb Prince w Collar and Vambraces, Great Weapon
    19 Tomb Guard - full command, Banner of the Undying Legion
    Tomb Prince w Flail, Golden Eye, Chariot of Fire
    3 Skeleton Chariots w Standard
    Liche Priest w Casket, 2x Dispel Scroll
    10 Skeleton Warriors w Bows
    10 Skeleton Warriors w Bows
    Tomb Swarm
    Tomb Scorpion
    Bone Giant

Casting Pool: 2
    Dispel Pool: 5
    Models in Army: 55

The Vampire list is roughly
    Lord on Dragon
    Lord on Nightmare
    2x 6 Dark Knights
    Lord with Ghoulkin
    3x 20 Ghouls
    2x 5 Dire Wolves (to screen the Knights)

The Dragon lord always strikes first, auto hits and wounds on 2+ (7 attacks I think, and then the Dragon gets to go). He can usually raise a fair bit of ghouls too.

The High elves will have at least one Bolt Thrower, a hero on Gryphon and the Dragon Prince unit of Doom with that item giving +1d6 CR (I think that's what it does). So the plan is to have the LHP join the Carrion and stay just behind the TG block. This gives some protection against the Bolt Throwers ona hill (-1 to hit skirmishers) and the Gryphon Hero and also keeps him close to the action. Nt too sure how to protect the LP on the Casket but we'll probably have most of thier units tied up in CC on turn 2 or 3 anyway.

War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

LHP wont be able to join the Carrion im afraid (Characters cant join units of Fliers) New evasive plan needed...

For a LHP the Plaques are generally considered a better choice than the Jar.

Maybe give the prince's Chariots a magic banner (sacred eye / warbanner)

That Bone Giant will fall fast o the Bolt thrower.. maybe consider either an SSC, or just putting the points elsewhere.

Finally, id suggest combining the 2 skellie units into 1 large combat unit, so they can actually ''fight'' too, and add Music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Ouch. We had assumed that a flying LHP could join the fliers.

In this particular game it wouldn't have mattered given how quickly we neutralized the BT's which were the only things on thier only hill. Turn 2 my Tomb Swarm tied one up and killed it on turn 3 and on turn 3 the other one died to the Casket. In all the other team was far more afraid of the Vampires and the Chariot unit (both BT's into the Chariots turn 1).
    The Bone Giant took 2 wounds from Glade Guard at short range in turn 3 and then had it healed in turn 4 and didn't get wounded again after that.

We ended up with a Crushing Victory mostly due to the Tomb Swarm (who took out a Bolt Thrower and 14 Glade Guard in the Flank), the Bone Giant/Vargulf combo (flank/rear charges on a tricked out unit of Eternal Guard with BSB and Lord) and the 1000 pt unit of Doom (5 Blood Knight + BSB + Vampire Lord).

I had the Giant, Scorpion, Swarm and Carrion/LHP left on the table. Vampires had everything but 1 unit of Ghouls and the Wolves.
    They had the Gryphon Lord, 6 Knights and 14 Glade Guard.

Magic Phases
    TURN1 - They more or less shut down our magic on using up 4 dispel scrolls. They miscast thier second spell ending thier magic phase
    TURN2 - They scrolled one of my extra moves and dispelled the casket and two Dances otherwise I got to do as I pleased.
    TURN3 - they kept saving thier dice to counter the Vampire Dance spells. I got to do as I pleased and the Casket killed a few things from every unit
    TURN 4 - we killed 2 of thier Wizards and dominated the remainder of the magic all game doing whatever we wanted.

Vampires brought 8 Dice total (3, 2, 1 + 2 Pool)
    Tomb Kings brought 10 Dice total (3x2, 2, 1, 1)

We also had enough dispel dice to shut down all thier important spells with the exception of one bad roll on our part.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Both undead make a fantastic team Ive played with VC, against Lizzies and... i forget the other opponant lol. Anyway, easy win

+ Reply to Thread