1000pt list for friendly tournamnet - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

1000pt list for friendly tournamnet

I posted this elsewhere before realising there was a dedicated section

Me and my friends will be playing a tournament (7 games of 1000pts) in the new year. I'm not ultra competitive but I would appreciate any advice people can give on the list I plan to use.

Enjoyment of games is more important to me than winning but I do like to get into combat as quickly as possible, I like to use Chariots supported by a mounted lichepriest to get favourable charges in the magic phase. I use the movement phase to manouver my units hopefully into the enemy flank.

Here is a quick rundown of the list with my envisaged function of the unit

>>Tomb prince in chariot with an enchanted shield
    3 chariots with standard bearer and the banner of the undying legion

The banner is brought along to keep the unit topped up or force the opponent to use up a dispel dice. the prince uses his magic to try and get a charge off or force the unit to use a dispel dice. I try for a flank charge or to hit units with low static CR.

>>1 liche priest (hierophant) with skeleton steed and hieratic jar
    5 light horsemen

The reason he is the hierophant is so he casts lasts and faces less dispel dice, the jar is there to use when the charge really needs to happen. The unit is there to soak up any missle fire he gets. They can be used to take pot shots at lone wizards or skirmishers but their main duty is to die protecting the hierophant. I don't envisage them seeing combat.

>>3 carrion

Used to march block, chase down warmachine crew, at a push I could bait frenzied troops with them or attack archer units (only inthe flank) or lone wizards.

One tactic I want to try is sit them behind an enemy unit, shoot the unit with the SSC hopefully they panic through the carrion and are wiped out!

>>1 liche priest

I attach this priest to the SSC crew to gain protection from shooting. He is there to get my SSC another turn of magic phase shooting or raise skeleton warriors.

>>20 skeleton warriors with muscian

This is my main change from a previous list, they have taken the place of a tombswarm and tomb scorpion. THey give me an added option of being a tarpit for the enemy. My plan is to have them strung out in a line the first few turns getting off as many shots as possible before reforming ready for a charge.

>>1 SSC with skulls of the foe.

with the addition of skulls of the foe and the added accuracy of having a LP nearby I hope this proves effective at either breaking low Ld troops or dropping skulls on large characters heads (ogres, treemen etc.)

That should be 1000pts on the nose. Now be gentle people...

Finally getting round to finshing my Tallarn Imperial Guard Army (2K)
    Everything else has been sacrificed on the Altar of eBay...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Hmmkk...

Give the mounted priest the SoRav if possible. If not, the lone horse will do fine. Add the Hjar and the Cloak of the Dunes to the Priest that starts with the SSC (Hierophant i hope) and have him fly around for support once you reach combat.

Gotta admit, a Scorp and/or Swarms would be nice...

Prince - wise, give him a spear... that is all i think, best to keep Characters cheap for now.

good luck in the toruney! let us know how it goes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

now with changes

Thanks for the comments

I've revised the list and you've alliveaited my painting schedule since the swarms and scoprion are already painted.

Out goes the...
    enchanted shield (my TP is now naked)
    the skeleton warrior regiment
    skulls of the foe upgrade

In comes...
    staff of ravening for the mounted LP
    A cloak for the LP on foot (he now gets the jar and becomes the heirophant)
    1 tomb swarm (fills out a core)
    1 tomb scorpion

The staff should suck some Dispel dice and allow the mounted priest to move my chariots.

Having ICFB models should make my opponent think especially if he is sitting back ( a rare occurence in our gaming group - we live for combat, there is mroe dice to roll you see)

Tournament starts in january and will play probably 2 games every 4 weeks.

I will update in seperate thread (might also post my painitng progress)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a couple of things to note:

If a unit panics through the Carrion, they won't be destroyed. Fliers are unit strength 1, even though they have 2 wounds. You would need 5 carrion to use that tactic.

If you take the skeletons out, then there's nothing in the list with any static CR or staying power.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ooh... any way you can keep the SSC upgrade? Its not essential, but i find that Murphy's law dominates my life

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Thank you both for taking the time to comment on my list, all help is greatly appreciated.

to fraggle:

Thanks for the clarification on the carrion in a bigger list I may increase their number to take advantage of that tactic with them. It's saved me from making a big mistake in a game.

for my previous torunament my list looked very much like the revised list after phoenixs comments, I changed it to have the CR and staying power you mention in your post. oh yes that and the fact a gorger came on behind my lines and gobbled up my liche priest - nice!

to phoenix:

i could drop the staff in order to take the SSC upgrade and throw in extra carrion or upgrade the prince to have a chariot of fire (- I have one converted and ready for use).

I think I will get a 1000pts painted by the dead line as the tournament progresses I may try a few different tactics and army lists. being new to this site you people have opened my eyes to many Tomb king possibilties.

I will pay you back in kind by posting my progress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

After many delays this tournament should start next thursday night (12th February).

Based upon above comments and mostly by what is painted the revised list looks as follows.

Tomb Prince in chariot of fire leading a unit of 3 chariots.

LP on skeleton steed with the staff of ravening leading a unit of 5 light horsemen.

LP (the Heirophant) with a cloak and Jar leading a Screaming skull catapult with skulls of the foe

1 tomb swarm

1 tomb scorpion

3 Carrion

Only have to finish off the Carrion and chariots to have it all painted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

This tournament is ridiculous - it's suffered more delays than Heathrow Airport.

The start date has now been put back to 12th March.

Anyway the reason I am posting a reply is to add my latest thoughts on the list I've changed it to contain more Chariots. I know one of the threads in the main TK section was taking about all out attack so I thought it could be topical.

First off we have the 1000pts:

Tomb Prince in chariot of Fire with a flail and light armour leading a unit of 5 chariots with the banner of the undying legion. 419pts

Liche priest with steed and Staff of Ravening leading a unit of 5 light horsemen. 238pts

Liche Priest with cloak and hieratic jar. 160pts

1 swarm. 45 pts

1 unit of 5 carrion. 120pts

The astute amongst you, may notice that I am 18 points short, Any ideas on what to throw in, feel free to suggest them.

Upragding this Army to 2000pts It would look like:

Tomb Prince in chariot of Fire with a flail and light armour leading a unit of 5 chariots with the banner of the undying legion. 419pts

Tomb Prince in chariot with spear of anthrak, light armour and enchanted shield leading a unit of 5 chariots with the banner of the sacred eye. 467pts

Liche priest with steed and Staff of Ravening leading a unit of 5 light horsemen. 238pts

Liche High Priest with cloak and hieratic jar. 290pts

10 bowmen. 80pts

1 swarm. 45 pts

2 units of 5 carrion. 240pts

2 Screaming Skull Catapults with upgrades. 220pts

I've realised I don't like playing in the style of sitting back and waiting for the enemy so this is designed to get me up close and personal as quickly as possible.

+ Reply to Thread