Librarium Online Forums banner

1500 Tournament, 1 extra rare special rule

473 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Phoenix 
#1 ·
Got a tournament coming up next week, it has a special rule that you are only allowed to have 1 hero, and to compensate you get to have an additional rare choice. However, Tomb Kings are the exception and get to have 2 heroes and 2 rares because of the heirophant and general rule.

Here is what I came up with

Hero
Lich Priest, Casket of Souls, Hieratic Jar, Dispell Scroll, Steed
Tomb Prince, Chariot, shield, LA, Spear, Chariot of Fire

Core
Skeleton Warriors X 20, Bows, Musician
Skeleton Warriors X 20, Bows, Musician

Special
Skeleton Chariots X 3, Champion, Standard, Banner of the Undying Legion
Tomb Guard X 20, Full Command, War Banner
Carrion X 4

Rare
Screaming Skull Catapult, Skulls of the Foe

Total = 1500

With the fact that I can take an additional hero than everyone else, and there will be very little dispel dice on the table, I think that it is a no brainer to take the casket of souls. I will sit the Tomb Guard in front or near the casket depending if i get a hill or not, with the units of archers on the flanks. Let my chariots do their thing, and of course carrion march blocking or war machine hunting. I have the priest a steed because i had 8 points to spend and its a good way for him to survive if the casket comes under trouble.

Couple questions i guess
Do i really need the heiratic jar, perhaps swap it for a golden eye on the princes chariot

would you consider reducing the skeletal bowmen units in order to fit a couple tomb swarms in the list

Should i swap the magical banners between the Chariot unit and the Tomb Guard unit

Cheers,
Washout

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
what about sticking the prince in the tomb guard and giving him the healing spear (forgot the name) or just a great weapon with the collar of shapesh? give the guard unit the sacred eye (edit: not the eye, the free reform. sorry don't have my book and I don't want to butcher the spelling ^^) banner and itd be a tough unit to break.

for swarms maybe make the chariots just 3 chariots with no upgrades

and since you only have 1 priest, it might be a better idea to take 2 SSC catapults instead and give the priest the cloak of dunes so this way no cannons can "snipe" your heirophant.

and could you fit a scorpion in there? it'd help with the enemy warmachines.

#3 ·
turns out I can take an extra special as well so I gotta work out a list around that, will probably do the prince in the tomb guard thing, and go with 2 units of chariots and drop one of the skellie units. I was considering the 2 SSCs but with only 1 hero on the other side of the field the casket should do loads of damage.

#4 · (Edited)
Id recommend getting that Hiero off the Casket... normally. w/o a second Priest though your magic may struggle.

I think keeping the Prince on foot would be best, let him MWBD the SSC early on, and fight with the Skellies. Doing that means you can drop the Champ, SB and Banner from the Chariots, investing in a second unit of 3.

2 more Special slots: Id say go for a Scorp, and 4 Ushabti (dropping the TG, they are a bad mix of expensive numbers and poor killing power)

Core-wise, grab a unit of 2 Swarms, especially if youre using Scorp + Carrion.

Edit, as an afterthought, maybe give your Priest the Cloak anyway? Then if he needs to he can get outta there fast!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.