Khalida tourny list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khalida tourny list

Hi ive been playing warhammer for some time now and have several armies including a 2000pts Kahlida armie for tomb kings. ive only played with it once against dwarfs and moped the floor with them but since then included a Casket of Souls, would like some criticism and some advice on how to get the best of my tomb kings

The List is:

Kahlida

Liche Priest
    on skeletal steed and staff of ravening

Liche Priest Hierophant
    with Casket of souls and 2x dispell scrolls

Icon bearer
    with enchanted shield

15x Skeletal Bowmen
    standard bearer, blessing of asp

15x Skeletal Bowmen

19x Skeletal Warriors with spear and sheild
    champion & standard bearer, light armour & banner of undying legion

6x light skeletal horsemen
    blessing of asp

3x Light Chariots
    champion & starndard bearer

Tomb Scorpion

Screaming Catapult
    Skulls of the Foe

It comes to 1999pts, l like to put Kahlida with the screaming catapult and the liche priest on foot with one of the skele bowmen units, cant afford much in the minitures anymore but can still buy whole plastic regiments and single model units like tomb scrops but do have a Tomb king/prince on foot

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question how did you mop the floor with dwarfs? I found them to be one of the hardest. Poison arrows dont seem to work very well for me when they have a good armor save especially if they take the banner that gives them the extra 5+ ward too. Im guessing you took a couple scorpions for his gunline as well? the gunline part for the scorpions I could see. as for the list I dont really like the icon bearer some do but I would get better use from another priest with the cloak and the jar. I would bump up your skeleton blocks to 20 and possibly ditch the standards it'd be like giving your opponent an extra 100 vp. Keep the standard in the main skellie block since your using undying legion there and I never found spears do any good with ws2 skellies I think your better off using handweapon/shield here skellies arent for hurting there meant to keep your enemy unit there so you can charge him in the flank next turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

peppering them with lots of shots on their long ranged smaller lightly armoured units and very accruate with the screaming catapult and it was the same list just without the casket of souls and the mirage standard on the chariots and the icon of the burning eye on the battle standard and a standard and champion added to the light horsemen (mainly for the points)

they can really only capture banners if your unit runs or they completely destroyed and since undead dont run they can only get it by destroying the unit and their not going to do that for a couple of turns and it keep my skele's alive a little longer by denying my opponent one less skele crumbleing each turn before the back up arrives but my skeles took a charge from some hammeres and while they took out all but one of my front rank the skele's with spears manage to kill two back keeping two more of me skeles from crumbling

prety much how i see them winning combats is to hold on with every little point of reso to hold in there till back up arrive

but i do want to increase my unit sizes and i want to inculde my prince but i dont know what to take out any help would be good

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

to be honest, that's a terrible list. The only thing worse than light skeletal cavalry is heavy skeletal cavalry. You don't have nearly enough archers for a khalida list. Putting the heirophant on the casket makes him a sitting duck. That's the one model you can't afford to have die, and you're making him immobile. Spears are the worst type of skeleton available. What's the purpose of putting standard bearers in the units? That's not going to make them do better, and when they do get killed, it's 100 additional points to your opponent. For the bowme, it's better to have either units of 10 or units of 20. 10 are disposable and guaranteed to get maximum shooting, while 20 can form a 5x4 block when they're in danger of being charged, and still get 10x2 for maximum shooting if you can find a hill to put them on. Don't put a champion on the chariots unless a king or prince on chariot is going to join them and you need to avoid him being challenged. Only put a standard bearer in the chariots if you're giving them a magic standard, and only do that if you have a king or prince along. Always take a musician if you can.

About the only stuff I really like as-is in this list are the catapult, the scorpion, and the queen.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of i dont know where you got that one from...
    [quote=Marnepup;1348697] The only thing worse than light skeletal cavalry is heavy skeletal cavalry. quote]
    unless you ment it the other way round???

and like i said i want to increase the unit sizes of the archers just need money to do that, and i just dont ever make 4+ saves period no point getting that one plus armour save and like i said they can usually kill a model or two as they not charging often in a defensive list

the banners are mainly one less skele crumbling as well as for tournament points, the last couple of tourny's ive been too they judge you on army compositions and if you take armies really heavy in a particular phase they mark you down, same with vp denial armies that take no banners, ive seen alot of players that got massacrers every game but still didnt make the top three cause every one mark their armies down for such things (and yes i know this because they often get high scores for the battle themselves but then get next to no points for army comp) as for musicians ive never liked them with undead as if they actually do draw (as you said unlikely to do that) they will be in range of the battle standard 85% of the time as they aren’t going to be far from it and if they charge the battle standard unit they're doing their job

the Hierophant on the casket was a bad idea in hind sight though as i thought it would protect him but its true that being imobile isnt exactly the best protection is it
    and belive me i want more scorps (love them)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

At work. Will comment when I have a France to sit and look the list over.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Khalida

Liche Priest
    on skeletal steed and staff of ravening

Liche Priest Hierophant
    with Casket of souls and 2x dispell scrolls
    Get a third Priest, make him the hiero and give Cloak (and maybe HJar)

Icon bearer
    with enchanted shield
    Why? lol.

15x Skeletal Bowmen

15x Skeletal Bowmen
    Add 5 skellies and Music to each.

19x Skeletal Warriors with spear and sheild
    champion & standard bearer, light armour & banner of undying legion
    Drop spears for HW/S, add Music and maybe a Champ too, assuming Khalida is here lol.

6x light skeletal horsemen
    blessing of asp
    Drop one, and let the ounted priest ride with them.

3x Light Chariots
    champion & starndard bearer
    Drop the Champ and Std.

Tomb Scorpion

Screaming Catapult
    Skulls of the Foe

l like to put Kahlida with the screaming catapult
    Why? She can affect it at a 12" range with her incantation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Ok not a huge fan of the original list. One, the Hiero on the Casket is just asking for him to get hit with a cannonball. Move him.

Also:
    - Icon Bearer needs to go. He's not worth it @ 2k due to him bringing no magic to the table, and he does nothing better than a Tomb Prince.

- You need something that can hit hard. 3 chariots isn't going to be enough and you might lose the SSC turn 1 due to a misfire. Ushabti would be a good fit, as would Tomb Guard.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

First of i dont know where you got that one from...

The only thing worse than light skeletal cavalry is heavy skeletal cavalry
    unless you ment it the other way round???
    Nope...I meant it the way I said it. mounted skeletal archers at least can provide a "look out sir" to a mounted lich priest and still throw off a few shots. Heavy cav fill the same role as chariots, only they do a horrible job at it. So heavy cav are completely useless, while light cav have exactly one dubious use to them...making them better than the heavies.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

+ Reply to Thread