2000 Casual-Friendly List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

2000 Casual-Friendly List

So I came across quite a few chariots for a decent price and decided to start the army I've always wanted - A TK Chariot army. I know they're a bit outdated and quite underpowered, but hey, Chariots rock. Anyways, here's a 2k list

Tomb King - 313
    Chariot
    Spear of Antarhak
    Armor of the Ages
    Golden Eye of Rah-nutt
    Shield

Tomb Prince - 176
    Chariot
    Brooch
    Fail
    Light Armor
    Shield

Tomb Prince - 151
    Chariot
    Flail
    Light Armor
    Shield

Liche Priest - 330
    Casket of Souls
    Dispel Scroll (2)

Chariots (5) - 230
    Standard
    Musician

Chariots (5) - 230
    Standard
    Musician

Chariots (5) - 230
    Standard
    Musician

Tomb Scorpion - xx

Tomb Scorpion - xx

Tomb Scorpion - xx

Tomb Scorpion - xx

2000 On the spot

I've been thinkin of dropping the Flail and Shield on the princes for GWs. Anyways, critique away, but keep in mind these are exactly the things I like, so I wouldn't really consider dropping something for, say, a SSC or a Bone Giant or Tomb Guard. This is more of a friendly pick up game army, waiting for the new Army Book to appear

Last edited by Dreadlock; March 3rd, 2009 at 03:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it would certainly look amazing on the table!

If you are set on the CoS, keep it, but it would have very little defence against any anti war machine units...you could keep a scorpion back to guard it, but larger units might still pose a threat. Also, the LP with the Casket won't have anything to use his incantation on each magic phase. Maybe consider a block of archers (16 or 20 ) to sit back, shoot twice a turn, and provide some static CR against raiders (and prevent the loss of your hierophant!)?

The chariots are good, provided you can get enough movement going on with just the Princes and King. The scorpions will be a little slow (given your lack of LPs), but that's not too much of a problem.

As a friendly list, I think it would be a lot of fun to play! Good luck
    Last edited by lm137; March 4th, 2009 at 22:56.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Looks fine overall, although running units of 5/6 chariots may prove difficult. If youre running them in 1 rank, then good luck avoiding terrain! lol. And if in 2, then youre wasting 100+ pts effectively.

Generally i advise chariot units to be run in units of 4 with banner, or 3+Character, with banner (+magic banner), or just 3 naked.

+ Reply to Thread