2500 pts. My first TK list HELP PLZ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

2500 pts. My first TK list HELP PLZ

Here is my list, all comments, corrections are welcome and wanted.

Lords
    Tomb King
    Destroyer of Eternities
    Shield
    Light Armor

Heroes
    Liche Priest Hierophant
    Cloak of Dunes

Liche Priest
    Casket of Souls
    Golden Ankhra

Tomb Prince
    Light Armor
    Chariot
    Spear of Antarhak

Core
    Skeleton Warriors x25
    SB

Skeleton Warriors x25
    SB

Skeleton Warriors x10

Skeleton Warriors x10

Tomb Swarm

Tomb Swarm

Chariots x3

Special
    Tomb Guard x20
    SB
    Banner Of the Undying Legion

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

Ushabti x3

Rare
    Screaming Skull Catapult

Screaming Skull Catapult

This is 2500pts exactly

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally i would get rid of your tomb prince and grab another liche priest.

Also, you cant take casket of souls and 2 ssc, as your only allowed 2 rare choices, so that gives you at least another 90 points to get stuff.

Loving the two tomb scorpions though. Using the extra 90 points i would either grab another ushabti, or make all your skeleton units 20 strong instead of 2 25s and 2 10s. A unit of 4 ushabti can cause hurt, lots of hurt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Also, you cant take casket of souls and 2 ssc, as your only allowed 2 rare choices, so that gives you at least another 90 points to get stuff.

Well then sould i get rid of the casket instead of the ssc?

or make all your skeleton units 20 strong instead of 2 25s and 2 10s.

The 2 units of 10 are archers and the 25's are sword and board

Personally i would get rid of your tomb prince and grab another liche priest.

The Ushabti cover my one flank and my TP w/ the chariots cover the other. My skellies stand in a line (the 2 units of 10 that are archers) and shoot while by opponant comes to me. Both of my tomb swarms and both of my tomb scorpions will be using ICFB so their placement will be determined depending on the game. Behind my archers is my unit of tomb Guard with my TK and on either side of them is the units of S+B skellies. My 2 ssc's or my ssc and my Casket ill be hopefully sitting on a hill behind everything else. When my enemy comes, they will get stuck in the tarpit of my skellies and tomb guard and my ushabti and tp w/ chariots will charge their flanks. And, depending on the war macine coice and amounts that my enemy uses, i could also set my tomb swarms and tomb scorpions in a position to get a flank or back charge. There is a diagram that is somewhat like this on pg. 76 of the TK army book.

And im still debating dropping the TK and getting a LHP
    Last edited by Keetoowah; April 10th, 2009 at 18:31.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well then sould i get rid of the casket instead of the ssc?
    I would get rid of the second ssc for a few reasons, your style is defensive, so havingthe casket forces your opponent to attack you giving you an advantage of fighting on your terms. also, the liche priest with the casket can cast smite on the catapult anyway giving you 2 shots anyways. and then theres just the spell from the casket as an added bonus, get a lucky roll when your opponent fails to dispel and it can munch low leadship units.

The 2 units of 10 are archers and the 25's are sword and board

I guessed that this was the case, its not a huge point of contention but making the archers 20 insteadof ten just means that once the enemy close in they can last a bit longer instead of sort of being a waste once their shooting is over.

The Ushabti cover my one flank and my TP w/ the chariots cover the other. My skellies stand in a line (the 2 units of 10 that are archers) and shoot while by opponant comes to me. Both of my tomb swarms and both of my tomb scorpions will be using ICFB so their placement will be determined depending on the game. Behind my archers is my unit of tomb Guard with my TK and on either side of them is the units of S+B skellies. My 2 ssc's or my ssc and my Casket ill be hopefully sitting on a hill behind everything else. When my enemy comes, they will get stuck in the tarpit of my skellies and tomb guard and my ushabti and tp w/ chariots will charge their flanks. And, depending on the war macine coice and amounts that my enemy uses, i could also set my tomb swarms and tomb scorpions in a position to get a flank or back charge. There is a diagram that is somewhat like this on pg. 76 of the TK army book.

Thisis basically the same tactic i want to use as well. i didnt notice your tomb prince was in a chariot, good flanking tactic.

You can only have one tomb swarm by the way, but it can contain up to 5 bases.

And im still debating dropping the TK and getting a LHP

If you drop the king your chariots will no longer count as core remember. but lhp is a nice magic boost. its personal preference i think. you could always consider a Khalida army, compliments the shooty defensive tactic nicely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyspuz View Post
    You can only have one tomb swarm by the way, but it can contain up to 5 bases.
    Says who?

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Tomb Swarms are a 0-1 option, so you're only allowed 1 unit max. Simply combine the two units into one

Your call on which 2 rares you want to keep. If you keep the Casket, drop the Ankhra from its Priest (making an already expensive model even more expensive). If not, mount the Priest and consider the SoRavening.

Look at the Collar of Shapesh for your King, and an Enchanted Shield or Vambraces of the Sun for your Prince. The Prince's Chariot unit will also benefit massively from a Standard BEarer + Magic Standard.

A 4th Ushabti would be very useful. Units of 3 arent great above 1K.

Also, Music for the large Skellie units would be good.

Also, definitely upgrade your SSCs! Or Murphy will bite

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Also, definitely upgrade your SSCs! Or Murphy will bite

murphy has me on speed dial, I once rolled 6 dice and got five 1's and a 2

Also, Music for the large Skellie units would be good.

But the skellies cant flee so there is no rally......
    Last edited by Keetoowah; April 10th, 2009 at 20:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bear in mind if you do drop the casket you will save alot of points catapult is 110, casket is 165, however casket has a great psychological effect on your opponent. Also causes them to hold back dispel dice to stop the casket so more of your other spells get cast. Im a big fan of the casket, it does alot of stuff people dont always seem to consider.

I have never understood the musician thing either, it means you win the combat if is a draw... but my logic is that standard bearer is better cos it actually gives you +1 combat resolution anyways...

It says you can only take one tomb swarm unit in the tomb kings army book mate, next to it it has "0-1". you can have up to and including 5 models though, but they have to move as a unit.
    Last edited by Fuzzyspuz; April 10th, 2009 at 20:39.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

It says you can only take one tomb swarm unit in the tomb kings army book mate, next to it it has "0-1". you can have up to and including 5 models though, but they have to move as a unit.

My bad, I didnt see that at first

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither did i, Phoenix pointed it out to me yesterday or the day before =D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast