2500k Smackdown List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500k Smackdown List

here is whats up with a 8 player tournament were about to start.
    i just had a friendly against skaven and dominated with this split and restrained army.
    certainly dealt/controlled and dominated most of the action apart from the odd things u cant avoid. my list is prepped as follows

The Vast and the Violent ( Army Name)

2500 Pts - Tomb Kings Army

--------------------------------------------
    1 Tomb King
    General; Light Armour; Shield
    Destroyer of Eternities
    Collar of Shapesh

1 Liche Priest
    Hierophant
    Vambraces of the Sun
    Enkhil's Kanopi
    Talisman of Protection

24 Tomb Guard
    Standard of the Cursing Word
    Champion

UNIT #1

1 Liche Priest
    Staff of Ravening
    1 Casket of Souls

1 Screaming Skull Catapult
    Skulls of the Foe

1 Liche Priest
    Hieratic Jar
    Dispel Scroll

29 Skeleton Warriors
    Bow; Light Armour; Standard; Musician
    Banner of the Undying Legion

UNIT #2

20 Skeleton Warriors
    Shield; Light Armour; Musician

20 Skeleton Warriors
    Shield; Light Armour; Musician

10 Skeleton Warriors
    Bow

10 Skeleton Warriors
    Bow

1 Tomb Scorpion

1 Tomb Scorpion

1 Tomb Swarm

3 Carrion

Casting Pool: 2

Dispel Pool: 5

Models in Army: 128

Total Army Cost: 2503

The way it works is two flank supporting skelex20 units with a good parry bonus save with HW/s mus to save its pts over buying an extra

2 units of 10 bowmen sit out front until reform for the crunch. i could also swap the banner onto them if they were to take more of a bashing than the 28 of them on a hill who are targetable off the bat. (and currently have the banner)

the tombgaurd are absolutely stonking with this combo i think the micro works really well.

you can imagine the turn you know u have the charge. with TK its not hard. u set up.
    go for the charge (preferable in movement phase 1st to avoid wasting a INC on moving in and also loosing an essential outfit of the MICRO.

so what happens in ya magic phase BtB gets 3 LD tests straight off (curse words). i usually always check how they are going to deploy so i know the chars and stuffs pos so that they rank up well. also on top of that. the lichpriest(heraph) is just going to say BYE BYE to 1 attack thanks. and ontop of that the insta 2hits ontop of all BTB models.

i have found this with the 25 TG in rank 7 X 3 + 6 gives u complete lines on 4 ranks.

u can pretty much garuantee a good portion of 6wounds from CR from DOE alone then 3 ranks+outnumber+banner+fear causing(perhaps)

BEAT DOWNS IN A BOX SHAPE (eg your coffin)

doesnt leave much room for error with deployment as i found out. 1 **** up and your toast.

what is also unique i have running in this set is a Casket which is protected by either the swarm (deployed) or i mix it up with some nice bury tech so they dont know what they getting. mean while i get the carrion around the back asap ready for all the fleeing troops. and collect them

ts raining blood.

yeah i suggest sticking to the back page of army book there is diagrams on formations to use. ahahah stick with formations 1A and when they comecloser reform and pull in tighter for the crunch and range on ya INC's and remember to get everything remembered correctly (phases,hits,targets,charges,reforms,moves etc ) and your pretty unstoppable.

im about to head to head 1st round of tournament with some chaos mortals.
    though i am a bit worried about this high WS and T thats going to prove to be a prob for me TK to even really dmg them in CC other than to sticky tarpit them with skeles and counter with TG while throw and stuff up there own intentions with hidden/flying and the ever famous SSC that i am just now become accustomed to. esp when you figure out that someone causing fear doesnt actually mean there ammuned to phsych so yes they will panic i am told.

BYE BYE buddys. just have to stick it out. take it easy. expect some victims. rememeber to res them back. and keep em hold up and you will eventually break them becaus theres dont come back. they join you essenetially.

all we ever wanted as undead was for you to join us.

wont you join me in death?

hahah let me have it. what u think of this crazyness. i thought it might not work with the casket but it worked amazingly well.

Last edited by Ashyr; April 20th, 2009 at 05:09.
    DOE on 2's LOL

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

In addition to my comments on your other posts, please avoid posting individual points costs of units and upgrades in the future. I have edited them out in this thread.

PS: Your army list (mainly the character section) is also quite messy. You may find you get more responses on your list if you clean this up, specifically things like listing Casket Guard and Skullapult crew which should be common knowledge to anyone commenting.
    Last edited by Phoenix; April 20th, 2009 at 02:47.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah sorry i got the same response from my post on empire forum LOL

so its not cool to goto army builder "show text summary" and copy that. ok.

ill edit my lists in future posts
    DOE on 2's LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a quick post, because I'm going to bed...and have a final exam tomorrow :'(

Anyways, You don't really need Enkhil's Kanopi. Tomb Kings have 2 power dice which we cannot use....so may as well use these to dispell remain in play spells. That's all they're good for. I would drop the staff of ravening from the Casket priest, and give him the talisman of protection that the TG priest has. Also personally....I would even drop the Vembraces of the sun from the TG priest. If I was playing that list I would have him run around behind the unit with Cloak of Dunes lol.

I would drop a unit (maybe even 2) of HW/s warriors and get a unit of chariots....I never leave my house without at least one unit of chariots. Because other than your king+tomb guard (which are together in one unit) you don't have much to hit hard. Scorpions can to a degree...but don't remove ranks etc.

With the points saved from magic items...maybe see if you can fit a 2nd unit of chariots in? Or ushabti?

My 0.02$

Edit: Oh you can save 29 points by removing light armor from your archers. That 6+ save will get removed by almost everything...Str 4 is quite common, and a 6+ save might save you 1 warrior.
    Last edited by Akundis; April 20th, 2009 at 06:43.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Kit your Hierophant out with Cloak of the Dunes, and maybe the Hieratic Jar. His current equipment isnt that great tbh.

Give the TG unit full command and a more useful banner, Undying Legion, Sacred Eye or Rakaph.

Drop the Light Armour from your bow skellies, it wont (will rarely) save anyone lol.

The SoRav static at the Casket isnt great, id put in on the 3rd Priest and mount him too for extra effective range.

You have a lot of skellie units, maybe consider dropping some to get some more hard hitting units, Ushabti and/or Chariots maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks yeah i tried this list against some high elves. but yeah i took 3 units of 3 chariots and rather than let have a 18" charge on me i had to deny him that +2 strength and then i felt the beats as his knights just ws5 me with uber hits, then the str 5, 2 At each. nasty. ASF still but i didnt count 1 wave attack to just annihilate 2 units of 3 chariots.

got the charge on him, and all 1st CC phase. GONE.
    made the mistake of sending the 3rd lot of 3 chars into the i think is is seagaurd? the spearmen 3ranksdeep. itwas like that scene on brave heart. just one ASF retort. and SHISKEEBAB chariots

i did like 2 wounds 1 unit and 1 wound on another. it was savage man. im telling you. combines with any SUB par rolls and your not going to last very long at all.

NOT FUN.

wtf is up with that chariot of H/E D6 impact hits Str 5, then a nasty 2 dudes attacking 2 attacks Ws5 str5 then you gotta laaugh as u think oh yeah the mounts, lol the lions go in for another 2 attacks each at WS 5 str 5.

this came flying 2 turns all way across board into my tomb gaurd which were trying there 2nd round of CC when i had to charge or take instant surrounding poundings. came in with charriot i had 25+FC+2 Heroes in that unit.

by the time he had resolved just the impact hits. i get no retaliation. then resolve the riders + mount NO MORE TOMB GAURD. i dont know if thats some hax rolls or what but yeah i didnt expect HE to have that big a chainsaw.

i dont know high elves book (and i dont want too) lool but does this sound right.? everyone i said this 2 was like "oh" just shake there head in "disgust" lol

i dont think its possible for me to beat this guys army in 2500, just not enough.
    unless i get a charge to him and in turn or subsequent turn get a supporting flank charge. then i would maybe cuase him to break. thats the only chance.

or

Concentrated over the top shooting. which hey i dont mind if it takes H/E off the board.

esp when he takes that stupid "Feel No Effects of Your Magic" banner. YAY.
    Last edited by Ashyr; April 21st, 2009 at 04:15.
    DOE on 2's LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashyr View Post
    i dont know high elves book (and i dont want too) lool but does this sound right.?
    Pretty much, the GW team were definitely on something when they wrote the HE book...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashyr View Post
    wtf is up with that chariot of H/E D6 impact hits Str 5, then a nasty 2 dudes attacking 2 attacks Ws5 str5 then you gotta laaugh as u think oh yeah the mounts, lol the lions go in for another 2 attacks each at WS 5 str 5.
    Your kidding right? A chariot that does a combined 8/9 (on average) strength 5 hits on a charge, and 5/6 not on the charge!? i hope it costs well over 200 points!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyspuz View Post
    Your kidding right? A chariot that does a combined 8/9 (on average) strength 5 hits on a charge, and 5/6 not on the charge!? i hope it costs well over 200 points!
    Just under 150 i believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Just under 150 i believe.
    i cried a little...

+ Reply to Thread