New to fantasy...2k Tomb King list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to fantasy...2k Tomb King list

Hey everybody! I've been playing 40k for 11 years now and I finally decided to give fanasty a try. I have never played a fanasty game before so this list may be really bad lol. I want to hammer out a list so I know what to buy athough I have bought a battalion set and a bunch of random metal models (tomb guard, swarms, linche priests, tomb king, mounted icon guy etc... ) I decided on TK as I really liked the army. Undead ancheint egytians supported by constructs made of bone and stone with swarms of rotting birds. It really starts my jets. Anyway here is my list:

Hero’s 735

Tomb king 255

Armour of the ages, Crook & flail of Randiance,

Liche Priest 160

Dispel scroll Cloak of the Dunes

Liche Priest 160

Liche Priest 160

Core 512

Skeleton Warriors 200

25x Skeleton Warriors , bow

Skeleton Warriors 200

25x Skeleton Warriors , bow

Skeleton light horsemen 112

8x Skeleton light horsemen , bows

Special 536

Tomb Scorpion 85

Tomb Guard 355

25 x tomb guard, Full Command, Banner of the undying legion

Carrion 96

4x Carrion

Rare

Bone Giant 220

Tatics: Archers shoot twice a turn to rain death on my foes. Tomb Guard and Tomb King is my big block of infantry to react to enemy forces approching my firing line. If any unit gets past my big block and attacks the archers I will reform to fight. Carrion attacks war machines. Tomb scropion helps out where needed. Bone Giant holds a flank and causes terror. Light horsemen harrasess flanks, lone charaters and war machines.

I'm not really intrested in capults or the casket. I would really like to keep the Bone Giant, scropion and carrion as these units really attractred me to this army. Just wouldn't be fun without them.

Feel free to rip this list apart. I'm so new it's not funny and I probbaly got everything wrong lol

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Welcome to LO and to the Realm of the Kings!

(At the bottom i have put links to a couple of threads you may find useful and will go more in depth concerning some comments i will make here)

First off, a slight change from 40K i guess, but magic items can only be taken once per army (with the exception of dispel scrolls). So your 3 Scrolls are fine But unfortunately only one Priest can have the Cloak of the Dunes. I highly recommend that you make this Priest your Hierophant Also possibly have him drop his scroll for the Hieratic Jar.

Skellie warriors with bows, just the way i like 'em Id add Music personally, and maybe standards.

The Light Cav can be nice, but drop 2, or maybe even 3. A nice thing to do is to mount on of your Priests and give him the Staff of Ravening, have him ride with 5 Light Cav. If it fits the army and your play style it can be a nice unit to have.

Nice big unit of Tomb Guard i see, with the awesome banner

Scorp and Carrion ae good too. If possible, try to fill up your Special slots, with another Scorpion if possible (recommended atleast). May require a little faffing to find the necessary points... If unable, maybe look into replacing the Light Cav with a couple of Swarm bases, these make a nice Scorp substitute lol.

Ok, back to the top now, and to your King. Joining the the TG, cool.
    You have chosen a nice Weapon and Armour for him The Collar of Shapesh or Golden Ankhra may be worth looking at over the Armour as they offer a more solid protection in general (the extra wound is pretty sweet though).

Finally, the Bone Giant. Many (most i think) players find that he simply isn't in general worth his points. WS and T are too low unfortunately and he is essentially a giant cannonball-cushion But, you want him, so keep him May he serve you well.

So yeah, welcome to the TK forums Hope you enjoy your time here and good luck with the army! We are all willing to help with whatever needs you may have

(Possibly) Handy Links:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...omb-kings.html (A Beginners Guide to Tomb Kings)
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ing-lists.html (Common points made when commenting on lists)
    Last edited by Phoenix; May 27th, 2009 at 01:48.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the fast reply. I'm happy there were a good point or two on my list

Here is a resvised list:

Hero’s 695

Tomb king 255

Liche Priest Hierophant 160

Hieratic Jar, Cloak of the Dunes

Liche Priest 140

Dispel scroll

Liche Priest 140

Dispel scroll

Core 512

Skeleton Warriors 215

25x Skeleton Warriors , bow ,Musician , Standard banner

Skeleton Warriors 215

Skeleton light horsemen 70

5x Skeleton light horsemen , bows

Tomb Swarm 180

4x bases

Speacial 621

Tomb Scorpion 85

Tomb Scorpion 85

Tomb Guard 355

Carrion 96

4x Carrion

Rare

I dropped the bone Giant for now. I'm hoping when our new army book comes out it will make them awesome so I can inculde one without feeling guilty. I added some tomb swarms because I love em. Again they were a unit that attracted me to TK. So by putting them in I don't feel so bad for losing the Bone Giant.

What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cplhicks View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply. I'm happy there were a good point or two on my list

Here is a resvised list:

Hero’s 695

Tomb king 255

Liche Priest Hierophant 160

Hieratic Jar, Cloak of the Dunes

Liche Priest 140

Dispel scroll

Liche Priest 140

Dispel scroll

Core 512

Skeleton Warriors 215

Skeleton Warriors 215

Skeleton light horsemen 70

5x Skeleton light horsemen , bows

Tomb Swarm 180

4x bases

Speacial 621

Tomb Scorpion 85

Tomb Scorpion 85

Tomb Guard 355

Carrion 96

4x Carrion

Rare

I dropped the bone Giant for now. I'm hoping when our new army book comes out it will make them awesome so I can inculde one without feeling guilty. I added some tomb swarms because I love em. Again they were a unit that attracted me to TK. So by putting them in I don't feel so bad for losing the Bone Giant.

What do you think?
    You have very big blocks of infantry, and very little magical items etc, so your probably going to outnumber your enemy pretty severly.

Personally i would reduce your archer units to 20, possibly tomb guard too. Also, if your not going to mount a priest with staff of ravening then the skeleton horsemen are pretty useless. Maybe replace em with some chariots, you will learn to love em.

May ye smite your foes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

4 Swarm bases are definitely 1, maybe even 2 too many. As above, Chariots get a mention. How do you feel about these? If youre a fan then try and get some in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I up for Chariots I'm not sure how big the unit size should be or what to equip them.

I thought the blocks of 25 were good becase I could reform into a ranked unit of 5 giving me a rank bonus.

Is the tomb guard too big? It's pretty expesive with 25 and I think my TK will kill a rank by striking first at Srt. 5 -2 armour save with 5 attacks. So I'm thinking needing the extra tomb guard me not be needed and I can shrink the unit size a bit.

Does that make snese guys?

I'll get a few more comments then I'll re jig mny list.

Thanks for the comments so far guys!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Personally im a fan of the units of 25 infantry. Maybe drop the TG to 24, but no less. That way your King fits nicely to make them a 5x5 unit.
    The skellies also reform well to a nice 5x5 combat unit.

In both cases, the rear ranks seem to do very little, but they do infact help in terms of allowing a little expendability before the combat potential of the unit starts to fall.

For example, the Tomb Guard. In a unit of 20, if one dies, you lose a whole rank bonus, and the BotUL must go off to restore that. In a unit of 25, you can lose up to 5 men before you lose a rank bonus, and in that time the BotUL can be casually attempting to restore numbers. If you fall below 20 then you can always get a Priest to help out with his Incantations too and boost the unit back up to near starting strength

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can understand why you would want 5x5, and phoenix is correct, as always, it gives you a bit of extra security.

However, giving yourself a little bit of extra rank bonus security pales in comparison to having a whole other unit you can use to take off the enemys rank bonus etc.

Basically having units of 25 is great, but not if you can use the points for better things.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyspuz View Post
    Basically having units of 25 is great, but not if you can use the points for better things.
    The man speaks the truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummm do I have the points for better things?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast