500 pts TK vs HE Warbands Armylist - Nagashizzar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

500 pts TK vs HE Warbands Armylist - Nagashizzar

Hai

This time I will set out a "Warbands" list that I'm supposed to crush HEs with (The last game I used a BG for fun, and he got crushed right away - half the total army pts in his pockets = a loss ). The rules for list-making to these games are quite much changed and I will write comments below the list - so here it comes:

Tomb Guards x15
    Champion (Commander)
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Banner of the Undying Legion

Skeleton Bowmen x10
    Musician

Skeleton Bowmen x10
    Musician

Skeleton Bowmen x10
    Champion
    Musician

Warband Total: 500 pts

Characters and the Commander: A Warband must have a so called "Commander". He is the one in charge of the little troop. If not fielding a normal Hero (max 150 pts cost) a Champion can be a commander. The commander works exactly as both the general and hierophant, and so, he is important to protect. If a hero is fielded, he MUST be the commander.
    Units and their US: As you can see, the games are kind of small. The infantry minimum Unit Size is 3, so I got some big regiments deployed in field. I can only take command to the units if they consist of the minimum "normal" US.
    Magic: The magic rules are a bit complicated with TK. If I got a TP, his MWbD is the only magic I get. That's only ONE die power and two dice dispel (not really anything to brag about). If I got a LP, his Incantation is the only magic I get. That's TWO power and three dispel dice (not much when compared to the FIVE power dice available for the HEs in Warbands)... But then it comes to the Icon Bearer If an Icon Bearer or a non-hero model is the Commander, then I get magic for each and every unit consisting of Musician OR Standard Bearer OR Champion. These units get a D6 bound (like the Incantations) that they only can cast on themselves. I can choose between Righteous, Urgency and Summoning!

So, that's all you have to now, even if it includes some more rules...

I will then get 4D6 power that cannot fail (even 1s), plus a bound spell power level 3. He will have 2-3 DD to dispel these spells with, and when he takes out some skeletons I can simply put them back

I can even (if lucky) heal 2D6 TGs a turn!

Enough babbling about this... What do you guys think of the list? Comments are appreciated!

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Given the rules i think youve done a pretty decent job Only possible suggestion is dto drop a unit of bow skellies for a Light cav unit maybe? But maybe not... possibly lose the skellie champ for another skellie. 1 extra shot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Given the rules i think youve done a pretty decent job Only possible suggestion is dto drop a unit of bow skellies for a Light cav unit maybe? But maybe not... possibly lose the skellie champ for another skellie. 1 extra shot
    He play HE,,, I have to get attacks on him, even when he have slaughtered many skellies, and so, a champ in that regiment make up for a good challenge (If he die, I can summon him back ). If I can, I will let that unit go straight ahead to a unit with his commander to "Hold-'em-up".

He won't stand a unit of ten (when ordinary is 5) plus a champion that cannot die. If he then dispels the summoning, he will get a rough job to hold in my arrows

WiP TK Army!

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ooh! Something ive just seen. Maybe run the Tomb Guard a bit differently? Try to use them as elite troops. As they are (3x5 i assume) then once one dies you have 4 redundant models. Drop 2 TG and get champs in the other 2 skellie units instead.

That leaves you with 13, run these in a front rank of 7 and a rear rank of 6, or 2x6 with one in the third rank (1st gets you more attacks, second gets you a bit more expend-ability) Given they have the BotUL, i think id go with the second formation (6, 6, 1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Ooh! Something ive just seen. Maybe run the Tomb Guard a bit differently? Try to use them as elite troops. As they are (3x5 i assume) then once one dies you have 4 redundant models. Drop 2 TG and get champs in the other 2 skellie units instead.

That leaves you with 13, run these in a front rank of 7 and a rear rank of 6, or 2x6 with one in the third rank (1st gets you more attacks, second gets you a bit more expend-ability) Given they have the BotUL, i think id go with the second formation (6, 6, 1)
    He will run some units less than 5 i expect Like your idea though... Then it doesn't matter which unit I pop into battle with since all units can challenge...

I got 4 pts left, and can't figure out a way to spend these... 4 pts of a 500 pts army list is almost 1 percent lost - so, any ideas?

WiP TK Army!

+ Reply to Thread