newbie 2250 list good/bad? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

newbie 2250 list good/bad?

Tomb King - Shield, Light Armour, Sword of Battle (this is 15 now right eventhough it says 25 in codex?), Collar of Shapesh: 216 (in skeleton warriors)

Liche Priest - Heirophant, Casket of Souls, Golden Ankhra: 325
    Liche Priest - Staff of Ravening, Skeletal Steed: 168

24 Skeleton Warriors - Shields, Light Armour, Full Command, Banner of Undying Legion: 266
    5 Light Horsemen: 70
    3 Chariots: 120

20 Tomb Guard - Full Command: 270
    3 Ushabti: 195
    Tomb Scorpion: 85

Bone Giant: 220

Total: 2245

I wanted both the giant and casket in my army since i think theyre cool
    comments welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Sword of Battle may be 15 for some armies, but its still 25 for TKs. Common magic items are having their points varied in 7th ed depending on their effectiveness in each army (HEs get Dscrolls for 20pts... grrrr). Anyway:

King is decent. Maybe Enchanted Shield too? And Sword of Might over Batle if youre facing heavily armoured opponents.

Never put your Hiero at a Casket! lol. Hes a sitting duck for cannonballs. The GA may rotect your Casket priest, but its only a 50% chance of protection... personally i prefer not to take the GA there asits simply more points pumped into an already expensive sitting duck. Though i can understand the other PoV, its expensive already, may aswell try and protect it lol.

Second priest is good. Id suggest adding a third (Hierophant) with Cloak of the Dunes and maybe Hieratic Jar (standard Hiero kit really)

The rest looks fine. The only key thing is that generally, Ushabti really need to be used in units of 4, so they can take a hit and still punch back hard. Simply drop a Light Cav unit for a 4th Ushabti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so what should i remove for the 3rd priest and where should my heirophant and other priest on a steed go? with horsemen or by themselves? isnt 2 units of light horsemen pretty necessary?
    cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by EZR-Aeron View Post
    ok so what should i remove for the 3rd priest and where should my heirophant and other priest on a steed go? with horsemen or by themselves? isnt 2 units of light horsemen pretty necessary?
    cheers
    Remove one unit of chariots You will not often be able to get three units to do much, sadly...

Do NEVER EVER put your Hierophant in the Casket! He will be stuck there forever, easy to kill,,, Give him the Cloak and put another one there

You will only need one unit of SLH This will be the one where you put the Second Priest with SoR

Hope It Helps

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so right now I have this:

Tomb King – Enchanted Shield, Light Armour, Sword of Might, Collar of Shapesh: 233 (in skeleton warriors)

Liche Priest - Casket of Souls, Golden Ankhra: 325
    Liche Priest - Staff of Ravening, Skeletal Steed: 168
    Liche Priest – Heirophant, Cloak of Dunes, Hieratic Jar: 160

24 Skeleton Warriors - Shields, Light Armour, Full Command, Banner of Undying Legion: 266

20 Tomb Guard - Full Command: 270
    4 Ushabti: 260
    Tomb Scorpion: 85

Bone Giant: 220

Total: 2297
    what now should I cut out lol? also the standard of the cursing word looks great for TG hmmmm....
    Should the Heirophant go with the tomb guard for protection or what?

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Personally i dotn rate Cursing Word too much. Use it on Chariots if anything (wider base) but they will probably be charging in the magic phase, so the banner may not et activated.

A Priest is ok to start in a unit, but should definitely be taken out by the time that unit reaches combat, otherwise its just suicide. As he has the Cloak, he should be ok just flying around and staying hidden from danger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks. but im kinda stumped on how to cut down 47 points here. any suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by EZR-Aeron View Post
    ok thanks. but im kinda stumped on how to cut down 47 points here. any suggestions?
    You could make the Skellies to Bowmen Take away their Light Armour, and do not field a Magic Banner in the Unit (or erase the Hieratic Jar) ...

You could skip that Golden Ankhra to the Casket Priest since he will be offered enough protection from the casket - two points left to go... Maybe take the Light Armour away from the King, then you could replace the E.Shield with the infamous Vambraces of the Sun

And so forth... I can find hundreds of ways to cut this list - if it isn't enough, ask for more

Glad to Help

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

+ Reply to Thread