New to WFB and TK, 2250 list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

New to WFB and TK, 2250 list

Right so i am starting TK and VC at the same time for WFB, using the same skellie warriors and tomb/grave guards for both (TK models) so thats part of why i've taken so many of those, and because i like blocks of infantry. I'm aware it's probably not very good and any advice is welcome.

Tomb King
    Destroyer of Eternities
    Collar of Shapesh
    @265

Liche Priest
    Cloak of the dunes
    Hierophant
    @135

Liche Priest
    @ 115

Liche Priest
    @ 115

20 Skeletons
    Standard Bearer,musician
    @ 195

20 Skeletons
    musician, Standard Bearer
    @ 195

20 Skeletons
    musician, Standard Bearer
    @ 195

20 Tomb Guards
    Standard Bearer, musician
    @258

20 Tomb Guards
    Standard Bearer, musician
    Banner of the barrows
    @258

4 Ushbati
    @ 260

4 Ushbati
    @ 260

2250 points

-A tau, dark eldar and slaanesh csm player
    -vassal player
    -And always on LO chat..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your army has no speed. Consider a few chariots, scorpions, or carrion.

You have no BIG units. US 20 ain't bad, unless your skele's. Skele's don't kill anything and as such their only defense is the static CR. If you want to stick with an infantry style army (I personally like the idea) I would get those tomb guards to 25 and normal skele's to 30.

You have 3 units that can't even kill a goblin spearmen (well, maybe they could). Consider dropping a LP for a TP. They still get a spell and they help off set all those skele's that can and will die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Frog Thor, you will need at least one unit that can go on the offensive.

Your list has no speed, as mentioned, but also no ranged attacks (other than the paltry missle spells of the LP). This means the enemy will be at full power when they hit you, and skellies don't like that, regardless of which Undead army you play. I would suggest having at least 1 or 2 or even all 3 of your warrior units armed with bows. Yes, they only hit on 5s, but 120 bow shots per turn (including the magic phase) is going to wound 40 tough 3 enemy each turn according to the math. You'd have to hope for some hills on the table too.

I've never played an infantry-focused list, I'd be interested to hear how it works out for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the really cool things about tomb kings is all there funky monsters and the like also their monsters are awsome! (except thebone giant but at least he is cool) so i would strongly advise at least one scorpion and i think there is 2 many tomb guard and ushabti. Like the others say theres no speed. Also i think SCC are a must but then again i play a slightly defensive list =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Your List is very interesting

It can work well if you manage to walk forward in a faster way by the help of Urgency... I would say (considering the List from a VC perspective too):

Change EACH AND EVERY ONE of the Skellies to Bowmen, the models will work to VC too (except thet those Skellies don't know how to shoot )
    Be smart! A list like this is easy to overwhelm since you can't summon over your starting size

//Nagash

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

+ Reply to Thread