1750 friendly Vs O&G - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 friendly Vs O&G

Hey blokes,

Going up against an O&G player this weekend and was just looking for a few pointers on my list.

Heroes-

TP - Chariot,LA,FoS
    LP - CoD,HJ
    LP - Steed, 2xDS

Core-

15xSA - LA, Full Command
    15xSA - LA, Full Command
    15xSA - LA, Full Command
    5xSLH

Special-

3xChariots - Full Command, SotCW (prince in unit)
    4xUshabti
    5xCarrion

Rare-
    SSC - SotF

Total = 1760pts

The rough plan is to push forward on one flank with the chariots and ushabti supporting eachother, with one tying them up and the other smashing into thier flank. The carrion march block and auto destroy any units that flee through them. The SLH are just there (I've never used them and want to try them out) to move forward and wheel so that hopefully they redirect any charges so as to expose a flank. The SA's pound away and move on up hopefully reforming and charging the flank the SLH exposed. SSC does it's job.

I went with the flail of skulls as I was hoping it would crush any ballsy orc bosses as you only need one wound ect.

Any thoughts ladies and gents?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

The archer units are too small to engage in combat effectively. Either boost them up to 20-25 or drop the command models. Skeletons live or die by their static CR because they can't cause many wounds, esp against Orcs. 2 blocks of 20 would serve you better than 3 blocks of 15 at this level.

I would swap SotCW for the undying legion banner if I were you, you're a bit short on magic as it is.
    The art of Eldar: Paint clean, play dirty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

Hai Viking!

The LP Scroll Caddie should not be mounted, since you want him to cost less (because he IS a Caddie ). Either dismount him or exchange the Scrolls for the Staff of Ravening. If you give him SoR, keep the SLH unit as a bodyguard for him... If you don't, erase the SLHs for something else. For these 78 spared points, you can afford more Skellies.

Talking about Skellies: An AS of 6+ will not help you. Do not field your Bowmen with LA unless you want to pay additional points for nothing. This will give you 45 points to spend. I would suggest that you buy more Skellies.

The Full Command is not needed either... At least not the Standard Bearer, since he will only be another thing for your opponent to focus for VP. Erase ONE of the champs too... More Skellies for these points.

Everything else in this list is good

Additional Skellies affordable
    If LP is mounted and got SoR + 5SLHs as Bodyguards ----> 10
    If this is the case, I would suggest that you field your Skellies in one unit of 27 and one unit of 28.

If LP isn't mounted and got 2 DSs - the SLHs doesn't exist ----> 19
    If this is the case, I would suggest that you field your Skellies in two units of 20 and one unit of 24.

Hope It Helps!

//Nagash, the Corrupt

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

SoRav on your Mounted priest may be useful vs OnGs, for zapping off the smaller annoying units.

Drop the Chariot Champion.

Run your Skellie Archers in units of 20(+), drop the Champs and Light Armour. May have to drop down to just 2 larger archer units, if so then maybe invest in a cheaper tomb Swarm.

+ Reply to Thread