Welcome to Librarium Online!
Have played fantasy for a while but have only just started tomb kings. Just finished planning out a rough 1k and welcome any advice/criticism. At the moment its 130 points short but lacks a second troop choice. I was thinking about replacing the tomb scorpion with swarms, but not sure if this is a good move, anyway list below.......
1000 point Tomb Kings
Chariot with chariot of fire upgrade
LA + SHLD
19 Skl with LA SHLDs + Full Command
3 Chariots with standard and Banner of undying legion
Skl Catp with skulls of the foe
-Total 870 points but lacks 2nd troop choice
All Comments Welcome!
Last edited by Imperial97; August 7th, 2009 at 11:12.
Well, it seem like I'm the first here Welcome to LO!
Of all these last options, I would suggest number 1-3 and 5-6 since they are viable options. Number 4 isn't worth it at all, so the choice is up to you
- Well then, we'll start with the boring part: ERASING... Type LA (Light Armour) for your Skellies if they are equipped with it, since it is an extra cost Erase the LA, replace Shields for Bows and skip the Standard Bearer and Musician. Here you got 41 wasted points!
- I would highly recommend that you field three Characters... Quite odd, but with TK it is a great move in general This is why you must keep the price of each character on a low level... Chariots costs alot. Dismount your TP, give Him Armour of the Ages and a Great Weapon. Let him join the Bowmen. Here you got another 35 points
- Your Hierophant should be able to stay away from harm To ensure this, replace the Hieratic Jar for Cloak of the Dunes
- Unless joined by a Character, the Chariots will not need any Standard Bearer Drop the Magic Standard and the Bearer and add another Chariot instead, it will do you more for less points. Here's another 5 points
- Now, here comes the funny part: ADDING... You need a second Liche Priest, both for magical defense and magical power. If we simply add a LP without equipment, it will cost us no more than (you know what, I'm not supposed to write it )
- We got 96 points left to spen We have some options to choose now, since you want an additional Core Choice:
- Field a Unit of two Tomb Swarms. Use the spare points wherever you can find it usefull.
- Field a Unit of one Tomb Swarm. Use the spare points to boost the numbers of your Bowmen.
- Field a Unit of 10 Bowmen. Give the Unit a Musician. Add a Mount to the LP (not wearing the Cloak!) or an additional Skeleton.
- Field a Unit of 10 Warriors with LA and Shields. Give the Unit Musician.
- Field a unit of 5 SLH. Use the spare points to boost the Skellie Bowmen or add to this regiment.
- Field a unit of 5 SHH. Use the spare points (16) to boost the Skellies or add an additional SHH.
Hope It Helps!
//Nagash, the High Priest of LO
Thanks for some solid advice, its great to make changes now before spending £80+ on models! Ill definitely put the prince on foot and remove some of the excess upgrades from the units. A second priest also makes clear sense too. The only thing i'm unsure on is changing the warriors to bowmen, as then it seems that the princes combat potential is lost. Would this big unit of bowmen aim to be stationary and firing the whole game?
Apart from that thanks for some sound guidance....
http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...omb-kings.html (A Beginners Guide to Tomb Kings)
http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ing-lists.html (Common points made when commenting on lists)
At the beginnigng of the game, the unit shall shoot in a line. When the enemy approaches, steadily reform the Bowmen to a Sponge unit.
Now, flank the enemy (who is weakened by shooting) with Chariots Simple
Ok List #2
Prince with GW and AoA
LP with CotD
LP on Horse
6 Heavy horsemen
-Very few upgrades on the troops but quite a lot of them. Bowmen and Catapult fire (magic assisted) while enemy advances, any of their return shooting is hopefully healed. Enemy crash into troops but then flanked by chariots/horses.Scorpion used to counter any big war machines/wizards (if it turns up!). Any further changes welcomed,if not look forward to buying some of this stuff at the weekend.
If you're not facing Daemons or VC:
KEEP THE SKULLS OF THE FOE FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!
Thanks for supplying my links Nagash
On list 2, id just suggest dropping the "heavy" cav for... some swarms maybe?
I personally prefer (as you have probably seen in my guide) the Collar of Shapesh over AotA for a foot Prince w/ GW, but either is cool
Just have to disagree with Phoenix and Nagash here but I am not a fan of bow skellies. with 20 firing 6 hit 3 wound 2 people die (assuming standard save). That's if they are all in a line can all shoot etc.
In comparision with a 4+ armour save like you have there half of them won't die to retaliatory attacks that might be enough to let you win the combat out number and cause fear. (killing all of the enemy)
So with that in mind here are the changes I would make.
Points to note at this point level you probably won't get many spells off I wouldn't bank my tactics on getting spells off anyhow so need to use your units wisely.
If you like the post click the *STAR* <===