Tomb Kinks 2k General List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb Kinks 2k General List

Hello,

This is the force that I will be building up toover the next month and a half. I don't want to buy anymore models until I know what my primary list willl be. Once that's complete I will tweak things and pick up extra models for certain battles.

I will be playing weekly and will not know who my opponent will be from game to game so I'm looking for a competitive yet balanced list. I want my oponent to fear me yet still want to play haha. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tomb King -265
    -DoE
    -CoS

Liche Priest(Heiro) -160
    -CoD
    -Dispell Scroll or HJ

Liche Priest -168
    -SoR
    -steed

Tomb Prince -196 (unsure about this set up)
    -chariot
    -light armour
    -spear
    -GA

19 Skeleton -219
    -standard
    -champion
    -BoUL

20 Bow Skellies -180
    -standard
    -champion

5 Light Horsemen -xx (Priest on steed here)

3 Chariots -165 (Prince here)
    -standard
    -warbanner

4 Chariots -xxx

3 Carrion -xx

Scorpian -xx

4 Ushabti -xxx

So that is 2000 on the dot. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad.

I'd get rid of the Golden Ankhara and give the prince a flail of skulls. You want to maximize your charge damage with his unit to ensure you break them on the charge. +2 str helps him wound and 2 wounds helps you take out chewie units like monsters. A budget option would be chariot of fire.
    I like to give chariot units icon of the sacred eye to ensure more hits as well.

Most shooting directed against you will hit the chariots anyway.

Axe the second chariot unit and get a screaming skull catapault. Skulls of the foe recommended but not required.

Beef up the Carrion with remaining points, 3 are easily taken out with magic and shooting. Or you could cut a few skeletons and get a second tomb scorpion. Scorps are unreliable and 2 help you get at least one out quickly.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must say it pleases me somewhat to see more balanced lists popping up (that is, two fighty characters and two priests) and more people coming around on the Casket of Souls (even if you didn't take it).

That's a pretty good list you got there overall. I've kind of had a falling out with the Staff of Ravening. The wretched stick never seems to do anything other than frustrate me with its inefficiency. But your luck is bound to be better than mine, especially on a Steed Priest w/ Light Horsemen.

I also don't think you need 2 chariot units...unless you're running both characters on chariots. A variation of my Twin Prince list uses two Princes on chariots at the expense of my Tomb Guard unit. I just can't justify chariot units without characters as they lack real hitting power in my opinion. Be sure to give the Prince chariot unit the Icon of the Sacred Eye or if you are deathly afraid of shooting maybe the Mirage Standard.

I also don't think you need any command units on skeleton blocks. Let's face it, skeletons suck with only zombies and Brettonian peasants being worse overall. Skeletons aren't going to win combat 95% of the time and only really serve to tie up other units for a flank charge. Some people wax poetically about the virtues of the Skeletal musician and that's fine. But skeleton champions are a total waste of points. Standard bearers are too, except in the case of your first skeleton unit with the BotUL (the only skeleton banner imo).

A catapult is pretty much mandatory in every TK list. We take away your models, army book and club membership card if your list fails to include a catapult, chariot unit and scorpion!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yeah, I forgot about the skellie command.

The problem with skeleton command is that the banners award 100 victory points when beaten in melee. Almost any unit will defeat your skellies in melee unless you have a hero in there. Even the lowly 5 point a piece clanrats will make pretty short work of them.

The ONLY situation I'd give skellies a banner is if I were making them into fake tomb guard. Give them hand weapon shield and cough up the extra point for light armor, give them a banner and saddle them with a prince to babysit.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the revised list. I made some changes by dropping the chariot unit and adding a SSC. There were also a few minor changes. Here it is:

Tomb King -265
    -DoE
    -CoS

Liche Priest(Heiro) -160
    -CoD
    -Dispell Scroll or HJ

Liche Priest -168
    -SoR
    -steed

Tomb Prince -192
    -chariot
    -light armour
    -flail of skulls

25 Skeleton -260
    -hw/sh
    -standard
    -BoUL

21 Bow Skellies -168

5 Light Horsemen -xx (Priest on steed here)

3 Chariots -190 (Prince here)
    -standard
    -banner of the sacred eye

3 Carrion -xx

Scorpian -xx

4 Ushabti -xxx

Skull Catapult-110
    -skulls of the foe

This list is 2000 points as well. Is there anything else that can be improved?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Wafflebob in saying that I have a hard time finding justification for a unit of 3 Carrion in any TK list.

1. They lack the ability to insta-kill enemy units that flee into them

2. If involved in a combat there is a very good chance of them not winning due to combat res as they don't negate ranks or gain flank/rear bonuses. Even some war machines could stave them off (ie: Dwarfs).

3. As they are flyers, they tend to be far away from any Priests able to heal them back, so have to rely on their starting wounds count to accomplish whatever task you may have set them.

I would recommend one of the two following solutions:

1. Increase the size of the carrion unit to 5, this makes them effective at accomplishing #1 above, and far more reliable for #2 & #3. However, this would cost an extra 48 points which would have to come out of another unit somewhere.

2. Replace the carrion with 2 bases of swarms. This would only cost an extra 18 points, but would allow for 4 extra attacks & wounds as well as having the poison ability. ICFB would have them cover the distance that the carrion would have, had they been in the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list is looking a lot better! Still not sure about the 3 carrion, but you don't really have a lot of points to work with. Unless you are really dead set on the flying you could try what Nosferratu suggested and go with a couple of swarms. They don't have the speed but they do have ICFB and can still get into the rear lines to kill things. Plus they have poison.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x5)

You were talking about the command for Skellies

Let me introduce the power of Skeleton Champions:

If you're facing an ULTRA-killer-Lord () that would kill your Character in a challenge (say five Wounds) or Skellies (say Five Wounds here too, even if it should be more), a Champion is the best way to keep him at bay.

Accept the Challenge with a Champion, and he will take the damage. You have saved *Wounds Caused*-1 Wounds, in this case 4!

//N-g-sh

Ask Nagash! Click on the banner...
    WiP TK Army!

+ Reply to Thread