Librarium Online Forums banner

2000 pt khalida force

839 views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Nagash 
#1 · (Edited)
so I have some games tonight and this is the list I believe I will be fielding, not sure on a few things though.... here it is

Khalida

priest (hiro)
- H-jar, cloak

priest
- SOR

priest
- DS, enkhils kanopi ( not to sure what to do with this one )

4 chariots
- banner of the undying leigion

2* SSC
- skulls of the foe

22 skeletons
- bows, poison, spears music

22 skeletons
- bows, poison, spears, music

2* scorpion's

now I’m not sure if I should drop the scorpion so that I can upgrade the last unit of skeletons to tomb guard or not, this would also mean id have to drop a chariot points wise . If I do go with the skeletons do you think I should drop the light armour in exchange for the banner of the undying legion? Not to sure what to do about that one priest's magic items, my first game is against high elves and I hear that they some times have remains in play spells (I have only played one game vs. HE and he didn’t have much magic). now about the bowmen, I know that spears are for the most part useless but I was doing some painting when the idea popped in my head that it would look cool to have the front rank as spearmen and the back as bowmen so id kind of like to keep them like that although its a waste of points.

See less See more
#2 ·
As i look on your list the first thing that comes to my mind is the unit of skeleton warriors with hw/la/sh.. Khalida's army is very shooty.. you probably want all your skeletons archers with the blessing of the asp upgrade. Which makes all you skeletons shoot poisoned arrows.

If you want a combat unit to put Khalida in then i would make some adjustments and add the Tomb Guard you mentioned. Although if your opponent knows anything about TK then most likely avoid that unit.

I wouldn't worry to much about your bowmen with spears in the front rank, just explain to your opponent that those units are bowmen not spearmen and you should be good. anyway i don't believe you can mix match your units. don't add points for the spears either.

well just some of my thoughts.. Nagash or others might say different.

#3 ·
Its an ok list, a little static maybe.
I'd drop the spears on the bowmen, they really wont help. The modelling idea sounds cool, so maybe keep them if you want.
I'd then drop the hand weapon and shields skeletons for some more special choices. Either 3 ushabti, or another scorpion and banner of undying legion on the chariots.
For the characters, Id swap the collar for heiratic jar and swap enhils kanophi for another dispel scroll.
Good luck with your match.

#4 ·
Hai! :D

List suggestions:

• Swap Collar of Shapesh for Hieratic Jar.
  • As long as you will go up against many Armies, I'll suggest that you keep Enkhil's Kanopi... You'll never know when it comes to be handy ;)
  • Ofc, each end every model in the same unit wields the same weapons!
  • Drop the Skellie Warriors. For the points, you will be able to choose between a few options:
    • Buy Bowmen. Simple.
    • Buy 5 Carrions. Boost the Bowmen.
    • Buy one or two Scorps. Boost Skellies.

That's All for now! :D

//Nagash, the Deceiver of Nehekhara

#5 ·
okay so I made a few changes
- dropped the one group of skeletons
- got another scorpion
- banner on the chariots
- switched out the collar for the H-jar

the extra scorpion should really help me slow the enemy down for maximum shooting ability. The only thing I’m worried about is not having any protection for the hiro, but besides that I think it looks way better.

As for the spears I’m going to keep them for now just to try and see if it makes skeletons useful. Against HE I don’t really plan on doing much charging with the skeletons since he’s going to strike first anyway may as well use the spears to try and get some wounds against a T3 enemy. and they all still technically have the same weapons so it doesn’t matter what they look like as long as my opponent knows that they have bows and spears, the whole thing just adds to the fluff part of the game

thanks for the tips

#6 ·
As for the spears I’m going to keep them for now just to try and see if it makes skeletons useful. Against HE I don’t really plan on doing much charging with the skeletons since he’s going to strike first anyway may as well use the spears to try and get some wounds against a T3 enemy. and they all still technically have the same weapons so it doesn’t matter what they look like as long as my opponent knows that they have bows and spears, the whole thing just adds to the fluff part of the game
I'm sorry to tell you that every model in a Unit must be equipped with the same weapons and Armour. Either ALL of the Skellies will be equipped with Bows (and only bows) or Spears (only spears) :)

//N

#9 ·
ya i missed that point, made some adjustments before the game

the HE game i played really was going bad for me from the start when he sent the furry of the lore of light and 3 bolt throwers against my one unit of skeletons, which was where khalida was, not well for me. destroyed them by turn 2 and left khalida wide open for a fire ball...... couldn't be any worse i did manage to take care oh half of all his units before he wiped me off the board tho.

#10 ·
oh call me crazy but dont you need 3+ core for 2k list? i count 2.
as for list changes i would drop the SoR priest, and a SSC for some swarms, then maybe find points for some carrions, maybe 6? and dont you have to have a at least a tomb prince?
just some thought alittle inebriated.

#14 ·
ive been looking in my book for about 5 -10 minutes and its no where to be seen, this list seems illegal in its current state, but could be corrected with a few modification. honestly i was hesitant to post, so many posted already and no one commented on the illegality of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.