2 starter 1500 lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 starter 1500 lists

Morning guys, these are my two lists for an upcoming tournie, the 1st is a list i'd really like to run as i do'nt consider myself conventional when writing lists, i just want to have fun, the 2nd is the list i'd like to run if you lot think the 1st list is utter rubbish (which i'm half expecting) thanks for taking the time to read

List 1

Prince
    - LA/S, Sword of Might, Chariot with Chariot of fire - 194
    Hierophant
    - Neferra's Plaque, Cloak of Dunes - 165
    Liche Priest
    - Steed, Staff of Ravening - 168

20 Skeleton Warriors
    - Full command, LA/S - 205
    6 Skeleton Light Horsemen -xx

3 Ushabti - xx
    Tomb Scorpian - xx
    3 Chariots
    - Banner Bearer with Mirage Banner - 180

Bone Giant - xx

Shall be a marching forward killing things type army

Now for my list i'd like to use if you consider that list to be rubbish

List 2

Prince
    - GW, LA, Collar of Shapesh - 131
    Hierophant
    - Hieratic Jar, Cloak of Dunes - 160
    Priest
    - Steed, Staff of Ravening - 168

20 Skeleton Warriors
    - Full Command, LA/S - 205
    12 Skeleton Warriors
    - Bows, Musician - 101
    5 Skeleton Light Horsemen - xx

4 Ushabti - xx
    1 Tomb Scorpian - xx
    1 Tomb Scorpian - xx

Bone Giant - xx

Now i Love the Bone giants models and rules, and it will be effective as a psychological weapon if i play up furious assault , however if you all that have played it really hate it, drop the giant and stick an upgraded SSC and another unit of archers in, or 2 swarms. Anyway, what do people think? Thanks for reading

Milk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you wanna go with the giant, it's up to you. I personally like your first list better, big fan of chariot prince. Only thing that jumps out is the Neferra's... I'd switch it with a jar, because to me that item is better for a HLP, which you cannot take in a 1500 pt game. Hope that is useful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is useful thanks, i just thought that a one use only item compared to a reroll if i roll badly wouldn't be as useful, seems i was wrong though i plan on using my units in pairs, seems like to me, TKs rely on co-operation and flanks, so i plan on using Ushabti - front, BG as flanking unit for them, with Skellies and chariots holding their flanks, with the bowmen holding around with the hiero in it, the SLH just being annoying and leaving the TS to what it does best, does that sound like a possible/effective use of my first list?

Milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't played too many games, buut I would say that TKs seem to heavily rely on flanking and the magic phase to maximize movement to flank. I would use a big unit of skeles to get people tangled in combat and use the chariots, ushabti, and scorpions to flank. The only thing I can say about this is that the Bone Giant is 220 pts, and that's twice as much as a Screaming Skull Catapult with the Skulls of Foe upgrade. And while it could be worth it's points, you're playing a 1500 pt list, so you're already limitted on what you can do. I would personally take the catapult for the extra 110 pts to spend for other things. And that way you can launch skulls at their army and possibly make some of their army flee early game, which is sweet. Anywho just try different things, a lot of things look good on paper, but you can't completely judge until you try it. So throw down some proxy models and rock it out with a casual game with friends until you're comfortable with what you use. Good luck fellow Tomb King player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah might have to have some proxy games, the only thing that puts me off is the SSC is expensive for a stone thrower, but against more and more armies you're paying for the ability to panic units that can't be paniced, as you say i'll have to try both out and see how it goes (i just really like the BG model)

Milk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, but with a liche, you can make it fire twice, which is friggin' sweet. But making things move twice is also pretty sweet. It all comes down to what you like and how you play. If someone sucks at targetting with catapults, I wouldn't recommend using it. So how you play should be the main factor to making the army. At least that is what I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

makes sense i guess, i think i'll just have to play around a bit. might have to start practising the guess ranges (coming from WoC i'm not exactly used to it)
    Again thanks for the reply

Milk

+ Reply to Thread