2K Cavalry List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2K Cavalry List

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

2K Cavalry List

Havent thought about this before posting, im just going to make the list up as i write it... And im aware there may be a few... "errors" (well, one) in it, this is on purpose

Tomb King
    Chariot
    Flail of Skulls
    Golden Ankhra

Tomb Prince
    Steed ()
    Spear of Antarhak
    Vambraces of the Sun

Hierophant
    Cloak of the Dunes
    Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest
    Steed
    2 x D.scroll

3 Chariots (King here) - 190
    Standard + Sacred Eye

11 Heavy Cavalry (Prince Here)
    FC+ BotUL

12 Heavy Cavalry
    Music

5 Light Cavalry (Priest Here)

5 Light Cavalry

5 Light Cavalry

Tomb Scorpion x 4

Total: 1971

Sooo... could a Cavalry list actually work? I considered putting the King on a steed too but a Chariot just feels right... Thoughts please

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x1)

*chuckles*

Well for me to comment on one of your list feels a bit like teaching my grandmother to suck eggs, but since I'm a glutton for punnishment I'll have a stab at it... ;-)

I love the concept behind the list. Definately one that will require a different kind of thinking and strategy to make it work well methinks.

In answer to the 'can it work' question, I would say it is one of those lists that will do really well against some (largely static) opponents but fail utterly against some others (and here I'm thinking specifically about armies with a heavy shooting contingent).

In terms of strategy I would be inclined to use the scorps to tie up enemy missile units as a priority and then ruthlessly hunt down their casters. With those (more or less) taken care of you should then be able to keep your opponent at arms length very effectively.

One of the coolest elements of this list is that you can largely ignore anything on foot because it will simply be too slow to catch you unless you make a horrible blunder and manage to get cornered. Even then, a well timed urgency should spare your blushes.

This is likely to be enormously frustrating for an opponent who has spent the lions share of his points on units whos names typically end with 'guard' -lol. This is likely to manifest itself in an opposing battle line that it spread out all over the place as they try to catch you, and you will be able to exploit this and outmaneuver them with your hammers fairly easily as a result.

The light cav will be great at this point because the psycological effect of taking missile fire (even a very small amount) while not being able to do anything about it can be really disheartening and compound the likelihood of positional errors for you to take advantage of. Given enough points I would be tempted to add SoRav here too, but since you won't be quite as reliant on urgency and smiting for this list, you'll probably find you can actually use vengence & summoning more than you otherwise would.

I would be tempted to swap out one of the scorpions for a few carrion. Given that missile fire is likely to be the bane of this list it should help keep these units busy right from turn one if your scorpions are a little tardy.

Since you're not using an SSC or DoE there are a few things that will give you problems. Pretty much anything that comes on a 'monster' sized base is gonna have to be avoided and/or redirected with sacrificial light cav. Probably best to try and avoid these as much as possible and look for your points elsewhere.

I suspect you've probably considered many of these points yourself, but hopefully some of it might provide food for though and an idea or two. I'd be really interested to know how you get on if you get to play with this kind of list. :-)
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

*chuckles*

Well for me to comment on one of your list feels a bit like teaching my grandmother to suck eggs, but since I'm a glutton for punnishment I'll have a stab at it... ;-)
    Not at all! This is hardly a list i expected to post and have everyone bow down to, tbh it was just an (original) idea that occurred to me and i wanted to see roughly what it would look like in practice. Im looking for all feedback, good, bad, whatever!

I suspect you've probably considered many of these points yourself,
    ... Actually, no. I just wrote the list off the top of my head! The only consideration that went into it was "Must have Heavy cav and Light cav as the core of the army, with a King in Chariot". That was where my thinking ended
    As you can tell, zero thought was put into Special choices lol. A unit of Carrion is a good call

I'd be really interested to know how you get on if you get to play with this kind of list
    Unfortunately i dont think ill ever get a chance to test this list... but maybe soemone else will try something similar?

+ Reply to Thread