2250 Tournament List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

2250 Tournament List

LORDS/HEROES:

Tomb King
    -Destroyer of Eternities
    -Collar of Shapesh

Tomb Prince
    -Great Weapon
    -Armour of the Ages
    -Vambraces of the Sun

Liche Priest (Hierophant)
    -Casket of Souls
    -Hieratic Jar
    -Dispel Scroll

Liche Priest 115
    -Neferra's Plaques of Mighty Incantations
    -Cloak of the Dunes

CORE:

Skeleton Warriors x 24 (Cloak of the Dunes Lich goes here)
    -Shields, Light Armor
    -Champion, Standard

Chariots x 3

Chariots x 3

SPECIAL:

Tomb Guard x 24 (Tomb King goes Here)
    -Champion, Banner
    -Icon of Rakaph

Tomb Guard x 24 (Tomb Prince goes Here)
    -Champion, Banner
    -Banner of the Undying Legion

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

RARE:

(Casket of Souls)

TOTAL: 2249

Formation is fairly simple: Skeleton Warriors in the Middle, Tomb Guard on both flanks, and Chariots on the other flanks of the Tomb Guard Units. Casket Finds a Hill to sit on, and the Scorpions will either Babysit the Casket, Help Chariots with the flanks, or ICFB if facing a shooty enemy.

C & C Welcome. I'm not sure I want to keep the chariots in this list, I could swap them out for 2 Units of 10 Bowmen and 2 Units of 5 Light Horsemen... But I don't know if that's going to help out any more.

Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x1)

I would definately keep the chariots in. If you do decide to drop them then I would also drop the king (for another prince) and upgrage the 'floating' priest to a LHP.

One thing I would change though is the meelee skellies. I'd swap these for bow skellies and a few light cav for redirecting etc (if needs be then you could always raid the TG for a few points without effecting them significantly -particularly the unit that has the BotUL). Otherwise it looks like a really good list to me.

Quote Originally Posted by spaar View Post
    Liche Priest
    -Cloak of the Dunes
    PS. Interesting set up on this priest. Should work really well as a source of magic support throughout the game.
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a solid list.

I think carrion might have a positive effect on your army, and my only problem with TG is that it takes them a while to reach combat, even with our double movement. Soo, Don't have to but if you wanna try it I would take out one unit of tomb guard and put in carrions, and upgrade prince to a chariot prince to lead one of those in the charge, his MWBD on his own unit of chariots can prove to be useful, and extra moving is awesome, because that means a 24" charge, conviniently the distance between the edge of your deployment and theirs. Good luck! tell us how your next tourney goes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x1)

Normally I would be the first to suggest adding carrion as well, but if you look at the rest of the list it is really quite sturdy overall. The main reason to add carrion is to deal with war machines etc quickly, but there isn't really anything that will get desperately shot up before the scorps can start arriving. For this particular list the TG might be a better choice against most opponents IMHO (certainly the armies that tend to be more common in tournaments anyway).

It's a shame we couldn't squeeze an SSC in there somehow though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm-Ra View Post
    that means a 24" charge, conviniently the distance between the edge of your deployment and theirs.
    Hmm... Is this how you use your chariots bud?
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Thanks for the comments!

I'm not sure that dropping the Tomb Guard for Carrion is a good idea. Tomb Kings really lack rank and file units that can stand on their own, but Tomb Guard coupled with a King/Prince can fill this role well enough. They're the mainstay of this army list and will have to stay in.

I am warming up to the idea of swapping out the armored skeletons for bowmen & something else.

I playtested this list against a Tzeentch/Nurgle Daemons list, and came off with a minor victory. I will say that part of the reason for this was that the first spell cast by the daemons miscasted and ended the magic phase, and my Tomb King/Tomb Guard were able to charge a Lord of Change alone and phase him out through combat res. Oh, and Destroyer of Eternities eats Nurgle Heralds for breakfast! Strangely, I had a really rough time killing off some Horrors because they were consistently making their ward saves, and that eventually led to the Tomb Prince & unit getting flanked by another unit of Plaguebearers, and even my skeleton warriors couldn't change this and both units eventually crumbled completely.

Both groups of Chariots got eaten alive by Flamers & Flesh hounds. They make decent hammer units, but really struggle on their own.

Thanks again!
    Currently Playing:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job. Like Vallah said, a SSC would rock. It's amazing and 110 pts with the upgrade, if you can squeeze that in, it'll make up its points easily. Not to mention you can put it by the casket, because all our liches need to cast their spells, or we're really losing out, and you can make it double fire. I played a magic heavy chaos list, and even though they get to reroll panic checks, he managed to fail it and his main unit that had 2 or 3 heroes in it fled off the board turn 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Been tinkering with the list some more, and managed to fit in a catapult. I also switched the Hierophant from the casket priest to the cloak priest so that I can get out of there if I need to.

LORDS/HEROES:

Tomb King
    -Destroyer of Eternities
    -Collar of Shapesh

Tomb Prince
    -Great Weapon
    -Armour of the Ages
    -Vambraces of the Sun

Liche Priest
    -Casket of Souls
    -Hieratic Jar
    -Dispel Scroll

Liche Priest (Hierophant)
    -Cloak of the Dunes

CORE:

Skeleton Bowmen x 10

Skeleton Bowmen x 10

Chariots x 3

Chariots x 3

SPECIAL:

Tomb Guard x 23
    -Champion, Banner
    -Icon of Rakaph

Tomb Guard x 22
    -Champion, Banner
    -Banner of the Undying Legion

Tomb Scorpion

Tomb Scorpion

RARE:

(Casket of Souls)

Screaming Skull Catapult
    -Skulls of the foe

Total = 2247

I'm also toying with dropping a scorpion for either a unit of carrion or light horsemen to help march block & maxmize shooting casualties. I know that it seems like a no-brainer to drop the odd Tomb Guard instead, but since they are my only 2 anvils, I want to make sure that they have full combat res for whatever they get into combat with.
    Currently Playing:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks great to me! I'll have to try the 2 TG army sometime. Usually I field that special choice with Ushabti or carrion.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

+ Reply to Thread