First 2K list,Chariots!:D, - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First 2K list,Chariots!:D,

Characters

Tomb King,
    Spear of antharak,scorpion armour,collar of shapesh,chariot,shield.

Liche priest,(hierophant)
    Cloak of Dunes,Plaques.

Liche Priest,
    Scroll,Jar,

Liche Priest,steed
    Staff of Ravens(??,The one that does 3D6 strenght 2 hits)

Core

20 skellies,FC,banner of undying legion.lifgt armour shield hand wpn,(priest here)
    15 skellies,bows(hiero here)
    3 chariots,banner
    3 chariots,banner
    3 chariots,banner,champion,icon of the sacred eye.(king here)
    5 hvy horsemen(priest on steed here)
    2 swarms

Special

Scorpion
    Scorpion

Rare
    SSC,Skulls a la foe

My idea behind this list is to use the skeletons as an anvil and the chariots as hsmmers,while the tomb king picks teh nastyest unit and the hierophant flying to safety when the fighting really starts,,please post your comments!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

If heavy horsemen had higher weapon skill then they would be ok, but they are usually avoided because they have difficulty hitting a lot of units. Swap them for regular old Light Horsemen instead.

Swap Scorpion armor on the king for Armor of the ages. I would also think about dropping Collar of Shapesh as well and giving him the chariot of fire and a shield. That way, he'll have a decent armor save and may not need the collar.

I'd also personally swap the standard of the sacred eye for banner of the undying legion.

15 bowmen is not an anvil. They will need at least 20 to hold the enemy long enough for the chariots to arrive.

If I were you, I'd try and find room for the casket of souls. They are absolutely one of the best units available to TK right now, especially because of their influence on enemy wizards.

Good luck!
    Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x1)

Personally, I would leave the banners as they are but I definately agree with Spaar about the heavy horse. These are not a good unit TBH and you'll be glad you dropped these.

The king set up you posted is essentially the classic 'tar pit king'. It's a good set up that sees play quite frequently but it's not really suited to a chariot mounted king because chariots are at their worst when used as a tar pit. If this is a set up you like then I would put him in one of your foot units (keep the chariot unit with the icon of the sacred eye at 4 chariots though).

You only have two special slots filled. I would definately upgrade those meelee skellies to TG since they are a lot more effective for only a small points increase. I would also fill the other special slot with another scorp. Scorps are the business, and if you ever have a spare special slot then you should be asking yourself 'why haven't I got at least a scorpion in there?'

Casket of souls is -as Spaar noted- one of the best units we have right now. If you aren't sure about the casket then I would suggest you get another SSC for the empty rare slot. Two SSCs are a fantastic (and rightlty feared!) option in their own right and they are really cheap to boot.

All in all your list is fairly solid, airjamy. A couple of fairly minor tweaks here and there could really add a lot to your list though. Good luck!
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thnx for the feedback!

Characters

Tomb King,
    Spear of antharak,armour of the ages,chariot of fire,chariot,shield.

Liche priest,(hierophant)
    Cloak of Dunes,Plaques.

Liche Priest,
    Scroll,Jar,

Liche Priest,steed
    Staff of Ravens(??,The one that does 3D6 strenght 2 hits)

Core

20 skellies,bows(hiero here)

3 chariots,banner
    3 chariots,banner
    3 chariots,banner,champion.(king here)
    5 light horsemen(priest on steed here)
    2 swarms

Special

14 Tomb Guard.(Priest here)
    Scorpion
    Scorpion

Rare
    SSC,Skulls a la foe

This would make a nice 1998 points,marking my changing with bleu.

Are there some oher things i should change??i was thinking about giving the king the destroyer of eternities and place him in the TG unit?would that work??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

I like the Destroyer of Eternities King, and you should put him with the tomb guard but make sure that you bump that unit up to at least 20. 15 will die too fast.
    Currently Playing:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you say is hould kick him from his charry and use it in the unti of TG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, with DoE for a weapon. That is typically how I field him.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

I'm saying that if you want him on foot you should give him the DoE. He will do well in a chariot also, but I would just try him out with both and go with the one you like more. Play at least 3 games with each to really get a feel for how they do.
    Currently Playing:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually play my tomb king on foot with DoE ans CoS and place him in a 20 man unit of tomb guard with FC and banner of undying legion. This makes the unit almost completely independent, it would not need assistance for magic from the rest of the army and can take on most units by themeselves. The unit is not invincible though and needs support just like all other units in your army but it can be an effective hammer unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okey,ill test both and i will (ofkorse)pick the one that suits best in my army en playing style,thank you for comments,i think i have a fully fledged 2k TK list

+ Reply to Thread