1250 doubles tourny lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

1250 doubles tourny lists

So like you guys already know I painted my TK for my local shop where they sit in the case, and look pretty . So much so I'm going to participate in the stores fantasy doubles with them (with the intent on winning best painted). I was recently assigned a partner (as I don't know many Bay Area Fantasy players) and we decided he take the yet to be finished painted half of my army (which is another 3000 points) so here are the 2 lists that are going together. Tell me what you think as I would like to win at least one game (should be easy enough I'm 2-0 with TK so far). But I'm looking at you Phoenix and Nagash!

List #1

Heroes

Tomb prince (general)
    -armour of the ages
    -LA
    -GW

Liche priest (hierphant)
    -Cloak of the dunes
    -Hieretic Jar

Liche priest
    -Neferras plaques
    -Kanopi
    - steed

Core

19 man HW & shield skeletons (prince goes here)
    -FC

20 man HW & shield skeletons
    -FC

3 tomb swarms

Special

2 scorpions

Rare
    Skulls of the foe, catapult

List #2

Heroes

Tomb prince (general)
    -Chariot of fire
    -LA
    -GW

Liche priest (hierphant)
    -Cloak of the dunes
    -Hieretic Jar

Liche priest
    -Neferras plaques
    -Kanopi
    - steed

Core
    2X10 man skeletal bowmen

Tomb swarm

Special

2 scorpions

5 chariots (prince goes here)

-FC
    Rare
    Skulls of the foe, catapult

Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Well...the tournament happened I showed up and guess what, won best painted! (and theme surprisingly enough)

Just have to earn your respect now so I can get feedback when it more or less counts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main issue I see with your first list is that you don't really have any hammer units. Skeletons aren't so good in CC. They can hold up reasonably well, especially with incantations but they don't do a lot of damage. Elite units are going to cut through you pretty well and it's likely going to be a slow loss with other core infantry. I'd recommend getting some chariots in there. Get rid of a scorp and a swarm or two.

For army 2 the only real glaring issue I see is that chariot unit is a bit large. You are looking at 6 chariots in one unit. Keep in mind that typically only 4 units wide can fight in melee, the rest wont be fighting or dealing impact hits. The downside to this is that the prince does not benefit from the protection of a larger unit.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

+ Reply to Thread