2k tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

2k tournament list

Well i'm playing in a tournament soon and this is the list i've been fooling around with but can't decide 100%

CHARACTERS
    tomb king
    destroyer of eternities
    collar of shapesh
    light armour

tomb prince
    chariot of fire
    flail
    shield
    light armour

liche priest (hiero)
    cloak of dunes

liche priest
    casket of souls

CORE
    20 archers w/music

20 archers w/music

3 chariots

SPECIAL
    1 scorpion

1 scorpion

19 tomb guard w/music, icon of rakaph

5 carrion

RARE

1 screaming skull catapult with skulls of the foe

I played with this the other day vs someone who will be in the tournament and massacred him but it felt more like luck as my army seemed quite small for some reason. I also have no magical defence so was tossing up about dropping icon of rakaph and something else to try and squeeze in a dispell scroll. Advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

I would drop 10 archers before dropping anything else.

Also, think about giving your chariot prince the Icon of Rulership so that he can go off by himself and negate ranks.

If you dropped the 10 archers, you would have enough for 2 Dispel Scrolls & the Icon for your chariot.

I guess it might help also to put banner of the undying legion on the larger unit of bowmen if you do that.

If you dropped the King's Light armor, the prince's shield (flails are 2 handed, but maybe you want it for protection against shooting?) and a musician, you could probably purchase a champion for the tomb guard as well. Every little bit helps.
    Currently Playing:
    Fantasy: Daemons (Angels), 40k: Black Templars

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Not much response this is the list i usually run which has beaten all the armies i'll be vsing in the tournament before except for chaos (has drawn though)

tomb king
    destroyer of eternities
    collar of shapesh

tomb prince
    chariot of fire
    flail
    light armour
    chariot

liche priest
    cloak of the dunes
    dispell scroll

Liche priest
    casket of souls

total - 879

CORE:
    20 archers
    music

20 archers
    music

3 chariots

3 chariots

total - 570

SPECIAL:
    tomb scorpion

tomb scorpion

19 tomb guard
    music
    standard
    banner of undying legion

total - 441

RARE:
    catapult
    skulls of the foe

total - 2000

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x1)

I really like the look of both lists here bud. All solid choices and no obvious problems.

All things considered I would also like to see some carrion in a list that has so many points invested in archers so they can march block and help get the most from your skellies. Having said that I would also really like to keep both chariot units so I'm not sure where you could find the points for even 3 of them TBH.

You could consider dropping one of the archer blocks, some music and a scroll for a unit of light cav, 3 carrion and SoRav (+ steed). This should give you about the same firepower over the course of a game but probably a significant edge in flexibility.

Personally, I would also be tempted to jiggle the cloak and collar around a bit. I always like a ward save on the casket priest because they do tend to attract more than their fair share of mischief. Botul and the priests are usually adequate to keep the king in one piece -particularly if you also have a mounted liche who can move around to support the king on an 'away mission'.

I also like the cloak on the DoE armed king because he makes for a fantastic troubleshooter with the mobility and muscle to deal with all those little -and invariably not so little problems that seem to crop up in every game. Additionally it also allows him to add some much needed kills to the combat res of whatever unit happens to be in meelee at the time. Since a TK with DoE is so effective (and expensive) it's nice to make the most of them and ensure he is always where the action is.

Clearly all of these things are personal choice rather than right or wrongs, but if you haven't tried the cloak on the king I would wholeheartedly recommend you give it a try.

In any case, please do let us know how you get on at the tourney. Good luck!
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I like your idea of dropping the archer block but i'm still not sure on putting my heiro in a unit of light cav (i usually run that set up of staff of rav + 5 light cav on my second priest when i have no casket but he can die easy if they target him) Below is a list using some of your ideas.

HEROES
    tomb king
    destroyer of eternities
    collar of shapesh
    light armour

tomb prince
    chariot of fire
    enchanted shield
    spear
    light armour
    chariot

liche priest
    cloak of the dunes
    dispell scroll

Liche priest
    casket of souls
    plaques of mighty incantaions

total - 922

CORE:
    20 archers
    music
    standard
    banner of the undying legion

3 chariots

3 chariots

total - 440

SPECIAL:
    3 carrion

tomb scorpion

tomb scorpion

19 tomb guard
    music
    standard
    icon of rakaph

total - 528

RARE:

catapult
    skulls of the foe

total - 2000

I've added 3 carrion to march block, plaques on casket priest so i can ensure he rolls decent on his smiting to draw out dice, icon of rakaph on tomb guard for obvious reason, undying on skeletons to help them stay alive/draw out dice. Still iffy on this list as it's different to what i usually run with but i'll see how it goes in a friendly or 2 next week.
    Not too sure if i like the look of the standards, i would probably prefer undying on the tomb guard then cursing word on my chariots and no standard on my archers but i'll see what i run with.
    Last edited by outbreak; October 30th, 2009 at 22:58.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak View Post
    Not too sure if i like the look of the standards, i would probably prefer undying on the tomb guard then cursing word on my chariots and no standard on my archers but i'll see what i run with.
    I like the look of the list -it's definately one I would feel comfortable playing myself.

Personally I would keep the banners as they are, but it's your list so I would go with whatever works for you. I certainly wouldn't use SotCW in any event.
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Well i gave the above list a go against a wood elf player who's in this tournament and pulled out a marginal victory (i stuffed up my deployment and spread out to much because i was worried about some terrain i had in my zone then stuffed up by making a noob charge with one of my 3 chariot units that was pointless). The list did ok but my casket did nothing all game and my catapult took out 1 lone wizard with a partial and did nothing else but misfire. The things that felt off were really my prince in chariot is very weak besides pushing out the impact hits (which i managed to roll 6+1 flaming impact hits on a big ass tree man, rolled to wound and managed 2 wounds and 5 1's ), carrion got shot up first turn (my bad didn't realise he had scouts who could deploy in the open in my deployment zone) and a general lack of hard hitters. I really am stumped as to how to squeeze 3 ushabti into this list aswell, dropping 3 chariots would seem the way but then i'm stuck with only 2 core! arrghhh so frustrating. I'm considering splitting the archers into 2x10, dropping a scorpion & chariot, reworking magic (maybe swap out rakaph for undying) and then chucking in the 4 ushabti.
    Last edited by outbreak; November 10th, 2009 at 22:07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you considered using Enkhil's Kanopi on your Casket Priest instead of the Plaques? I only really see the Plaques being viable on a HLP. I've always wondered how it would work on a LP but never had the guts to try it out.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

I have always found that Chariot Princes tend to carry rubber weapons... Hence why mine stay on foot and i just go with an extra chariot lol.

Just incase, did the WE player know his rules? Those guys cant deploy in the open, they must still be in terrain. Unless they are more than... 12" or 18" (cant remember exactly) away from any of your guys (even if they are out of all lines of sight) as they may do normally. Just something to check next time you play, many players tend to get this ruling wrong, and its cost me greatly before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast