2,250 list, help with the King and Prince - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

2,250 list, help with the King and Prince

I have constructed a 2,250 list and I am wondering about the set-up for the King and Prince. I mainly play against O&G(no Wyvern) with the occasional Bret.

Priest(Heiro) w/ Cloak of the Dunes & Heiratic Jar

Priest w/ Staff of Ravening & steed

4 chariots

3 chariots w/ FC & Icon of the Sacred Eye

20 warriors w/ lgt. armor, shields, FC, Banner of the Undying Legion

Tomb Scorpion

5 Carrion

4 Ushabti

19 Tomb Guard w/ FC & Icon of Rakaph

SSC w/ Skulls of the Foe

Option A: King w/ Destroyer of Eternities & Collar of Shapesh in Tomb Guard and Prince w/ chariot, Chariot of Fire, Brooch of Desert, lgt. armor, grt. weap. in 3 chariot group, or

Option B: King w/ chariot, lgt. armor, Golden Anhkra, Spear of Antarakh, Ench. Shield in 3 chariot group and Prince w/ Collar of Shapesh, Brooch of Desert, great weapon in Tomb Guard.

Option B also has B2 which is swapping out the Spear and Shield for the Flail of Skulls.

The bulk of the army I am satisfied with(I know there may be some "suboptimal" choices) so please keep the comments to the King/Prince set-up unless I have missed something obvious and important. Thank you in advance for all advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x1)

Nice list bud.

I prefer option A. Much more offensive and compliments the rest of the list a lot better IMHO.
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vallah View Post
    Nice list bud.

I prefer option A. Much more offensive and compliments the rest of the list a lot better IMHO.
    Agreed, although I'd give that Prince a flail instead of a great weapon personally. The +2 Str on the charge is more useful than a +1 every round for Chariot units imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I'd give that Prince a flail instead of a great weapon personally
    Nice catch. I forgot about the change for a mounted character instead of on foot. Consider that switched. Interesting choices so far as I originally had option B and A was kind of an afterthought. Thanks for the advice so far. More is always welcome.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

I'd put a king with the spear and the +1W armor in a sacred eye chariot with the chariots and a prince with great weapon in the tomb guard...but that's just me...the prince can't have that armor and the spear at the same time, so it's a difference of two wounds in terms of the mounted character, and I think the chariots'll draw more fire before the critical clash, so a fragile spear-bearer doesn't sit well with me. Also, the character in the TG is going to be slow, I'd say that the speed and mobility of the chariots makes putting the king on board the more offensive choice.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

+ Reply to Thread