New to TK and Warhammer in General, 1000 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

New to TK and Warhammer in General, 1000 point list

My local shop is starting a tournament in mid January starting at 1000 points and going up each day until the last I believe is at 3000. I've been tinkering around with TK for about a month now and haven't put much together. All I currently I have a batallion box + another unit of skeletons, 1 mounted LP, one foot, 2 Tomb kings, one sword/shield one great weapon, and one scorpion. I've been reading a lot of the posts on this forum and have thrown together what seems to be as good as I can do with the units I currently have.

Liche Priest - Plaques of Mighty Incantations, steed
    Liche Pirest - Cloak of the Dunes, Hiero

Tomb Prince - Great Weapon

Tomb Scorpion

3x Chariots - Banner of the Undying Legion

10x Bowmen
    10x Bowmen - Champion (had extra points)
    20x Sword/shield skellies, full command

The points come out to 997. I've never actually played a game of Warhammer, and any advice on how to use this army or what would be a good way to tweak it would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to pick up a SSC, tomb swarms, and carrion in the future, but unless it will dramatically improve the way the army functions, I don't have the time/money to assemble more before the tourney. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

Newcastle, England
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x1)

Hi Pootman. Welcome to LO!

Since you are new to the ranks of the TKs, I would encourage you to take a look at the excellent beginners guide that Phoenix wrote a while back: (A Beginners Guide to Tomb Kings)

Loads of really good advice in there but bear in mind that the general concensus about the value of tomb guard has changed significantly since that was written.

If you are looking for a decent framework for a 1000pt army then I would suggest you build your army toward something like this one that Palasarop posted recently (the SSC is well worth including if you can swing it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Palasarop
    Tomb Prince w/Collar of Shapesh & great weapomn

LP (heiro) w/cloak of the dunes

18 skeletons /w bows

1 swarm

tomb scorpion

SSC /w SotF
    This is a pretty decent 1k list and would be a great basis for you to build upon in the future. It will also play in a fairly 'standard' way, so it should help you pick up the TK strategy once you have a few games under your belt.

Hope this helps bud.
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

+ Reply to Thread