First List 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

First List 1500pts

Hi guys,

Although i have played fantasy for quite a long time tis is the first Tks list i v attempted so would love some feedback and suggestions where possible just to round off the list.

Couldnt get quite everything i wanted i.e. Ushabti, but im willing to sacrifice that for a nice competative list (competative being the only way people at my local store play). Anyway this is what i came up with so far.

Tomb Prince = 176
    Light Armour, Shield, Flail
    Chariot
    Chariot of Fire

Liche Priest = 280
    Casket of Souls

Liche Priest = 160
    Cloak of Dunes
    Heritical Jar

20 Skeletons = 160
    bows

20 Skeletons = 160
    bows

3 Chariots = ### (TP here)

4 Chariot = ###

Tomb Scorpion = ##

Total = 1141pts.. so far.

Im thinking some for of command on the chariots with one of them carrying a magic banner(not sure which yet), and maybe some tomb swarms just as i have quite alot of points spare but you guys will know best.

Thanks again for any sugestions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

looks good, I run almost the same prince in all my games but he also has the icon of rulership so he can hold a flack all by his lonesome. i would bulk up both chariot units to 4, i find that just works good.

The casket of souls i really good, don't get me wrong , but i think at this point cost of game you should swap it out for a SSC and then mount your other priest on a steed with the SoR.

with your spare points i would think about getting either some tomb guard, a group of 4 ushiabti , maybe 3 or 5 carrion or another scorpion. and after that you should try and bulk up your bowmen units to 25 with a banner and musician.

the only command models i would give to the chariots is banners and then the IoSE, do this if you do plan on putting a character in the unit, all the impact hits plus the +1 to hit and the strength bonus you get are a deadly combo.
    5000 Pts of Undeath descend upon you....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x4)

Some good points thier. Think i will get rid of casket for now then.

One problem i do see is that with only 3 special options i am going to either have to drop a unit of chariots or the scorpion to get another choice in. i already have the 4 ushabti models so i think the scorpion will disapear for them. Knowing my luck i'd roll a missfire for him to come up anyway.

Is SSC worth it in 1500pts? i can see 2 of them in 2000pts working for me with a possible 4 shots a trun but in 1500pts do they work that well? Having said that i will be playing vamps and skaven so some nice block units to hit i suppose. il make what changes i can and post up a new list soon.

Thanks again and keep the input comming.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

there is alot more to just causing wounds with SSC, it also causes panic test when you take wounds, so skaven hate it. also it has magical flaming attacks, so if VC has a vargulf one hit and he could be doomed for sure, also its really easy to hit on target becuase if you fire it in the magic phase you can basicly mesure before you shoot in the shooting phase.

i forgot that you only get 3 special, i would say keep the ones you have right now, or if you like switch the scoprion out for the carrion, that dependes on what you will be going up against.

I know that most people will dissagre with me here but with your points left over i would add more skeletons, i personly never have less that 3 units skeletons on the board and i run them at around 20-25. it really depends on your style of play what you want to get but i don't recomend any heavy horse, they can be good but only if used properly. light horse can help give cover to your liche priests but thats about it as they dont have a good movement and only a few shots and weak attacks they dont cause much of a problem to well anything! also i find that 2 tomb swarms work good to protect your ssc as is doesnt block LOS and has 10 wounds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you put the 20 points for the Prince to have a US 5 then you can drop a unit of chariots.

Give the skeletons standards and champs. With out that stuff they wont make effective fighting blocks.

SSC is the best thing in the Tomb king list. No armor saves, no regeneration, wounds on a 2+ if your dead on and 1d6 wounds. There's nothing it cant kill and you get a chance to shoot it twice. Ive decimated opponents with one shot, and I've had people save all there dispel dice to keep me from shooting it twice.Two are better but Its well worth the 90 points in a smaller game.

Casket's make a 300 point target (almost) that your opponent can take from you with almost anything. When they kill it they take away 4 dice in the magic phase which hurts. In a small game, and with what your running, I would leave it out.

For the last special slot I would put in another scorp (if you drop the chariots). 85 points for a hero level monster which can be killing your opponents wizards, war machines, characters, turn two (I recklessly charge them at wizards, ive had them take out butchers and vampire lords in one attack). You could also do a unit of carrion, 3's or 5's work best. The scorp can also be used to compliment your skeletons in combat giving them some wounds and the ability to chase 3d6. I run 4 of them in 2,000 point games

Ushabti are cool and all, but there super expensive and easy targets to pick on. Usually they get shot at constantly, or magiced, then I get one good charge with them and I lose them all on the counter charge. Maybe I just suck with them, but there unwieldy and expensive. I would rather have the tomb scorp who can't be shot or magiced till it comes up and is a fraction of the points. Did I mention my love for tomb scorps?

Last I would put in two tomb swarms. Tomb kings have a hard time moving around and ICFB really helps with that. In a smaller game you can use them to be annoying (rolling 3 ICFB against someone who has a lot of war machines means your taking them out turn two), or to screen your SSC, or the casket if you take it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x4)

Rite this is the amended list:

Tomb Prince = 201
    Shield, Flail, Light armour
    Chariot
    Chariot of Fire
    Golden Eye of Rah-Nutt
    (considered swaping chariot of fire to make it unit strenght 5 with Icon or Rulership but i think maybe the impact hits would be better. Not too sure yet as the potential to take off ranks and get flank/rear bonus is almost too good to pas up.)

Liche Priest = 163
    Skeletal Steed
    Staff of Ravening

Liche Priest = 160
    Cloak of Dunes
    Hieratic Jar

23 Skeleton Warriors = 204
    Champion & Standard
    Bows

22 Skeleton Wariors = 196
    Champion & Standard
    Bows

3 Tomb Swarms = ##

4 Chariots = ##

Tomb Scorpion = ##

Tomb Scorpion = ##

Screaming Skull Catapult = 110
    Skulls of the Foe

Total = 1499pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The prince on the chariot can break ranks if you give him the +1 US item. Its still a good unit with out it, but he can hold up big units of chosen with a rear charge and even break them when hes US 5. The 5+ ward save, cant be auto destroyed item is nice, but its an offensive unit. If you cant part with the Golden eye give him +1 US instead of the 1d6 +1 impact hits.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by saltrock36 View Post
    Rite this is the amended list:

Tomb Prince = 201
    Shield, Flail, Light armour
    Chariot
    Chariot of Fire
    Golden Eye of Rah-Nutt
    (considered swaping chariot of fire to make it unit strenght 5 with Icon or Rulership but i think maybe the impact hits would be better. Not too sure yet as the potential to take off ranks and get flank/rear bonus is almost too good to pas up.)
    lol Thats why i take the D6+1 impact as well as the unit strenght 5, yes they are both enchanted items but in the rules for the icon or rulership it says it can be taken with another enchanted item. take them the prince rides along all by himself magicly charging the nearest flanks and he should do lots of wounds that he could even break a unit ! (on the flank and rear only mind)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x4)

That is so cool!

I didnt expect to be able to take it as an extra enchanted item, very sneeky.

Consider GEoR dropped for IoR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depending on the person / army im fighting I'll put the prince in the unit of chariots and position him on the flank side. You can move the entire unit with his movement spell and if you position it right, the prince can charge out by himself to get a flank charge on an enemy unit when the entire unit of chariots would be more then half in the front arc. People don't see it coming and let the movement spell go through some times.

The unit of chariots can get a standard and the mirage standard too. Then if your playing a war machine heavy army or a shooting heavy army your can put the prince in there to make your opponent wast the shots on what he thinks will be a easy target, or to just give your prince some protection till your scorps / swarms come out.

+ Reply to Thread