2000 Points - Magic Heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Points - Magic Heavy

Hello all, I have developed a magic heavy TK list and would gladly take any feedback. Let me know what works and what is an epic fail. Also does anyone know of any good/stupendous character builds for TK? Thanks

Here is what ive got:

Lord
    Tomb King w/ great weapon
    - Armour of Ages, Brooch 236

Heros
    Liche Priest - Heirophant
    -cloak of dunes, Jar 165
    Liche Priest
    - skeletal steed, staff of ravening 168
    Liche Priest
    - casket of souls, collar of shapesh 305

Core
    16 Warriors w/ bows 128
    3 Chariots w/ champ 160
    3 Chariots w/ champ 160
    5 Light Horsemen 70

Special
    19 Tomb Guard w/ standard bearer
    -Banner of Undying Legion 153
    3 Ushabti 195
    3 Carrion 72
    Tomb Scorpion 85

Total = 1997 pts.

All said and done, between the King, three Liche Priest's, two bound spells, and the casket, it comes out to 10d6 + 7 in the magic phase and 5 dispell dice, plus essentialy two dispell scrolls. So what is the overall verdict? Thanks fellas.
    3 Carrion

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collar of shapesha wont save the guy on the casket of souls. Take it off of him. I would put the collar on the king

King with the blade of setep is nasty, but str 7 with a great weapon will work fine.

TK with the brooch is a wast (if you have points for dispel scrolls), just take another dispel scroll on the casket priest and use it first.

I would dump the unit of Ushabti, add 2 more carrion, 5 more Tomb guard and boost the unit of skeleton wars to 25 (with champ / standard)

I would give the unit of war's a magic standard, and the unit of tomb guard the Icon of Rakaph.

With the exception of taking the brooch off the king, the collar on the casket priest, and boosting the numbers of the skelly wars the rest is just personal preference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is some builds for a Tomb king that work well,

Destroyer of eternities, collar of shapesha (best for all out damage) This is the one I use all the time.

Scorpion armor, spear of antharhak, collar of shapesha (best for staying power, or tar) I use this if I'm not using the above one.

Armor of the ages, spear of antharhak, collar of shapesha (variation of staying power, hard to kill)

Blade of setep, collar of shapesha, vambraces of the sun (best for things with good armor saves)

Priest builds that you have are what everyone normally uses.

Tomb princes:

chariot of fire, flail, icon of rulership (good verse lots of rank and file, hes more dangerous then a unit of 3 chariots but easier to move). I use this one, or a slight variation of, 90% of the time

chariot, flail of skulls (monster killer, character killer)

Scorpion armor, great weapon (great for doubling the tar factor of a unit of skeletons) If im doing 3,000 points this is my second prince.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with taking off the brooch from the king.

As for my 2 cents...

I would say it's a nice list, I wouldn't take a champ with the chariots, I'd take 4 chariots instead, more impact hits, really the most important thing they got in my opinion. Either that or just 3 regular chariots to free up points.

Collar can stay on casket liche and probably should add a dispell scroll here, but I'd only do that if you free up 90-110 points and add a screaming skull catapult. They really compliment each other being close enough for the liche to make the catapult fire twice or to heal so his incantation has a stable use. Transfer the wounds to the catapult providing you keep it in range. You aren't using a prince, so putting banners on the chariots won't be as useful. If you wanted to try it out, Banner of undying legion on the skeles and rakaph on the tomb guard is niiice. But it is your list, and this is my input, hope it helps! And p.s. don't forget to do the panic checks caused by the catapult if you take it, sometimes those skip my mind XD.

+ Reply to Thread