>3000 3000 fiery turny and casual list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000 fiery turny and casual list

Tomb King – 266 [gen]
    -Armour of Silvered Steel
    -Talisman of Preservation
    -Great weapon

High Liche Priest 475pts [Hiero]
    -Casket of souls
    -Golden Ankhra
    -Enklil’s Kanopi

Liche Priest 165pts
    -Sivejir’s Hex Scroll

Liche Priest 140pts
    -Ruby Ring of Ruin

Liche priest 115pts

3 Chariots 120 pts

3 Chariots 120 pts

40 Skeleton Warriors 395
    -spears 40
    -standard bearer
    -banner of undying legion

20 Skeleton Warriors 160
    -Bows / hand weapons

20 Skeleton Warriors 160
    -Bows / hand weapons

3 Ushabti 195 pts

3 Ushabti 195 pts

20 Tomb Guard 274
    -Champion
    -Standard Bearer
    -Banner of Eternal Flame

Screaming Skull Catapult 110pts
    -Skulls of the Foe

Screaming Skull Catapult 110pts
    -Skulls of the Foe

Exactly 3000 points.

Tactics are Spears in front, TG behind them with king and priest / priests.
    place the ushabti on both or either side as flankers, archers next to them using volley fire, with chariots to flank for the archers. Alternatively you can put the chariots next to the spear-men and flank charge for them and save the ushabti for flank charging for the tomb guard. I do the latter because 16 fire attacks, Killing blow, 9-18 flanked strength 6 attacks, and 4-6 stomps is really really nasty in my book.

Place a catapult on both sides of the casket so the HLP can work his magic for Righteous Smiting.

1 last thing, try to use the scroll 1st turn on a medium to low level caster.
    This could effectively stop him from casting for the whole game.

Last edited by Stoutzombie; October 29th, 2010 at 19:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Mate

Decent start, A few things i noticed tho. Firstly I dont believe your supposed to list individual points for all aspects of the army as you have. Also I cannot see which LP is your heiro, this should be clearly identified.

On to the list ...

Personally I think you've gone a bit defence heavy on the TK - he is already T5 W4, some offence wouldnt hurt :p

I would ditch your chariot units, or ditch one and put a prince in the other (replace a LP, you dont need 3 as a prince still has incantations). They dont deny flanks any longer and they'll fall apart at that size.

Skele unit is good but i would give the UL banner to your TG and bump them to 25. Seems like a waste on such average skellies.

With your Bowmen, give them standards. By my count your fortitude is currently 4 - and your playing 3k, meaning a breakpoint of 3. I wouldnt consider bumping them to 30 also after ditching some chariots.

Join your Ushabti into one unit - They can still all attack in 2 ranks, and one unit of 3 is too small.

Food for thought
    --Gero--
    40k - Orks // Fantasy - Tomb kings
    (And eternal Mordheim addict)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gero_NZ View Post
    Hey Mate
    Decent start, A few things i noticed tho. Firstly I dont believe your supposed to list individual points for all aspects of the army as you have. Also I cannot see which LP is your heiro, this should be clearly identified."
    Sorry about that. Totally Missed that one.

"
    "On to the list ...

Personally I think you've gone a bit defence heavy on the TK - he is already T5 W4, some offence wouldnt hurt :p"
    I have noticed we are not very offensive now, with fear being virtually useless and auto-break gone. i have chosen the defensive list because it seems we shine in our magic and shooting turns. So my list was ment more for "Come at me bro"
    The TK with ASS and GW seems to work out fine. The 4 plus ward is a gamble item at the moment, I'm still trying to see if it's useful. Requires more play testing.

"
    "I would ditch your chariot units, or ditch one and put a prince in the other (replace a LP, you dont need 3 as a prince still has incantations). They don't deny flanks any longer and they'll fall apart at that size."
    I'm not a big fan of the princes or characters in light chariots. Personal preference I guess. I expect them to fall apart as well. I want them as flanking units for my troops already in combat. the impact hits would go off first, and when it came time to allocate wounds from combat res, they are their to take them. Also, The prince's incantations only work for him or the unit he has joined. No wear near what i need for this list.

"
    "Skele unit is good but i would give the UL banner to your TG and bump them to 25. Seems like a waste on such average skellies."
    Perhaps. I'm really going for look intimidation. A big block of 40 spearman is going to draw a lot of attention. so i want them alive for me to get a magical charge and 1 magic attack round off.

"
    "With your Bowmen, give them standards. By my count your fortitude is currently 4 - and your playing 3k, meaning a breakpoint of 3. I wouldnt consider bumping them to 30 also after ditching some chariots."
    With my bowman I have been considering dropping them down to 4 units of 10. 2 units of 20 was just an idea to see if survivabily was better or worse. a High-elf Griffen prince thingy could come in and maim the crap out of 10 dudes easily. But 20, I feel i might have a better chance of holding it in one place a turn longer. Chances are I'll probably drop this back down to 4 units of 10 though.

"
    "Join your Ushabti into one unit - They can still all attack in 2 ranks, and one unit of 3 is too small."
    Actually I have found 3 ushabti to be perfect, Too small for the enemy to want to waste power dice now that it's randomly generated. But big enough to cause them to shoot them with mundane weapons from basic troops. saving my archers and spear men.

"
    Food for thought
    I could go for some food... It's breakfast time.
    Last edited by Stoutzombie; October 29th, 2010 at 20:10.

+ Reply to Thread