>3000 First attepmt at a competitive 8th ed 3000 point list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First attepmt at a competitive 8th ed 3000 point list

hey guys, i just made this 3000 point list and need your help to tell me what is good and what could be changed. thank you in advanced.

Lords-

HLP 320
    Plaque of might incantations
    collar of shapesh
    cloak of the dunes

TK 226
    Great weapon
    Armor of Destiny

Heroes-

LP 325
    Casket of souls
    talisman of protection

LP 140
    Hieratic Jar

Core-

Skeletal Bowmen(FC) X30 265

Skeletal Bowmen(FC) X30 265

Skeletal Warriors(FC) X30 265
    hw/sh

3 Chariots 120

3 Chariorts 120

Specials-

Tomb Guard(FC) X24 343
    BoUL

Tomb Scorpion 85

Tomb Scorpion 85

4 Ushabti 260

Rares-

SSC 90

SSC 90

i would like feedback on the whole list, but my main question is are the ushabti and chariots worth it. If not what else should i bring in their place?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say this is pretty solid.

Few things (mostly personal preference here)....

I would change the LP that's not on the casket to a prince+GW+ruby ring. Those skelly groups need as much combat help as possible. I would even consider putting the king in one of the other skelly groups as well instead of the TG.

Why not just have all 3 skelly units as bowman? 150 arrows (assuming 10x3 formation with volley shots shooting twice a turn) should scare the pants off of most opponents. I usually tend to think that the models you kill with arrows can more than make up for the small extra protection the HW/shields give; also, I just like bringing the pain in the shooting/magic phases.

Also, maybe put the flaming banner on one of the bowman units? It's cheap and good to have around in certain situations.

The chariots are ok, though they aint what they used to be. Your skellies are enough for your core so you could drop them in favor of a bone giant, swarms, or something else. If they didn't get nerfed so bad I would suggest changing one chariot unit to carrion; I really miss using them. But the chariots are ok as is, just don't use them as you would have in 7th.

The ushabti can be worth it, if they make it into combat intact. Having a bone giant roaming around would certainly take some of the attention off of them. They never disappoint me if they make it into combat, but that doesn't always happen; then they are a HUGE disappointment obviously. If I actually had the models, I'd rather have a 2nd unit of TG.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the input. i would really like to fit a bone gaint in this list cause he can be fun to play, i have been debating on dropping the chariots but they seem to be a unit that was kind of important to tk fluff, just because we r the only army that can field units of them and that is a cool idea to me, but this list is designed to be competitive so fluff souldnt matter to me but they just look cool on the battle field to me

Also is the BoUL a good choice to put on the TG or should it go on one of the skelly units?
    Last edited by Non Sence1; December 5th, 2010 at 23:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear you on the chariot struggle. I bought a whole bunch in the hopes of making a chariot themed army....and then 8th edition came out.

They are still ok and have their uses, especially if you use the vanguard rule to your advantage. When I do run them now, they are usually in groups of 4 or 3 with a chariot prince.

BoUL is more commonly seen on regular skellies, but I go against the grain and put it on my TG regularly. And I put the flaming banner on one of my bowman groups because I really like having that banner around especially in larger games were it'll be easier to put it to use. This is solely because we can only have 1 skelly unit with a banner (so lame). I would probably prefer the IotSE banner on the TG, but not taking the BoUL is not an option. Also, I like my TG to be as independent as possible so not having to keep a priest around to help heal them is a bonus. A max unit of TG with the BoUL is really a favorite of mine. Couple that with a bone giant in the side and it can really dish out some hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want a giant then you could drop the ushabti and get a bone giant. It would also save you enough points for Skulls of the Foe upgrade on you catapults. Even though there's all this hobo jumbo about General + BSB = immune army army crap going around, -1 to your ld is still -1 and with two catapults you can have two units take two panic checks in the same turn.
    "My Word is Iron"
    "Show me your Friends, and I'll show you your Future"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is true. and maybe bsb hunting with scorps could be a new thing, if they dont have any powerful mages and the lord is just too much for the bugger, just go after the bsb to get rid of their re rolls. And with all those leadership tests a unit is bound to fail even with re rolls. I think thats what im gonna do. Drop ushabti (even though the models are beautiful ) and go for a bone giant and skulls of the foe.

+ Reply to Thread