<2000 1600 Point Tournament List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1600 Point Tournament List

'allo.

I've been following the forum for awhile and I have learned a lot from it. I am now stuck myself and wanted some advice on a list I put together for an upcoming tournament. It's a fully painted 1600 point list.

Lord: 228 points

Tomb King (General) - 228 Points Total
    - Great Weapon
    - Armour of Destiny

Hero: 325 points

Liche Priest (Heirophant) - 160 Points Total
    - Talisman of Protection

Liche Priest - 165 Points Total
    - Ruby Ring of Ruin
    - Colar of Shapesh

Core: 535 Points Total

35 Skeleton Warriors - 365 Points Total
    - Champion
    - Standard
    - Musician
    - Shields
    - Light Armour
    - Banner of the Undying Legion

20 Skeleton Bowmen - 170 Points Total
    - Standard

Special: XXX Points Total

15 Tomb Guard - 250 Points Total
    - Standard
    - Musician
    - Champion
    - Icon of Rakamph (I know I just misspelled that)

2 Tomb Scorpions - XXX Points Total

Rare: XXX Points

1 Screaming Skull Catapult - XXX Points Total

Total Fortitude Points: 5 (3 Banners and a General)

Deployment would have the Ruby Ring Priest with the Archers. The Heirophant in the Tomb Guard and the King in the big block of warriors.

My worry is that I only have one big block to absorb hits. In the past, I have typically taken two groups of 25 Skeleton Warriors with very lightly geared tomb prince (general) and two liche priests at 1600 points. I've found that I needed more punch to win the combat resolutions and the lightly geared characters are dieing to everything so I decided to upgrade to a King and gear out the characters more.

My other thought process was to drop the ruby ring, a magic standard, and a scorpion to try and go back to the two groups of 25 warriors. This would also increase my fortitude by one (I know the TD is going to have Blood and Glory as one of the scenarios.) However, I can't decide which is worth it more.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you!

-Slay

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Slaytopia =P

I think ur very brave going to a 1600 list with tomb kings well done! Wish i could do that =P

Your king is probably fine however at low point games i like taking the summoning king (Spear of Antarhak, Scorpion Armour, Collar of Shapesh, Shield) because you wont often be getting that much magic off so he helps keep units alive and hes still pretty killy.

Also ur heiro probs doesn't need a 4+ ward save as if he gets in combat hes pretty much dead anyway same with ur other wizard. Just stick em with the archers and run out of the unit if theres trouble. I give my heiro the cloak and just hop him around but this is a matter of personal prefrence lots of people don't think the cloak is worth it anymore. Your other liche should also take a scroll (for dwellers ect) and have u considered the heiratic jar somewhere?

In 8th edition i think for kings that you don't spend any more points on core than you have to cos our core is pretty rubbish and overpriced also i really would recomend dropping the unit of light armour hw and shield skeleies they are even worse! Your skeleies want to take bows because then they can do damage across the table as they are awfully poor in close combat.

Also ur skele archers want musicians so they can swift reform! And give one unit the Standard of Eternal Flame just in case.

You will also want to buff your tomb guard up to around 20 maybe a few more and ditch the Icon of Rakaph (thats how its spelt ) in 8th edition you can swift reform then charge in the magic phase so really no need for it give them the Banner of the Undying Legion which is another bound spell and means they can fight fairly independantly (even though i suggest ur king goes in with them)

Scorpions are the best unit in the book =P

Having one catapult is always good because there are always those silly regen things running around and causing us problems =P

Thats what i would do but its your army your choice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bravery and stupidity have a very thin line between them. Alas, my tomb kings army is the most painted and I know I will jump to above the middle of the pack in points with a fully painted army. Fielding tomb kings also gives me the head up in composition.

I have all the sword and board skellies painted that's why I started with them. However, archers are very easy for me to paint....I could probably churn out twenty fully painted and based in one night. I'll give it a try!

I never thought of the combo spear/scorpion armour. I guess I have always misread scorpion armour. What happens when it is an odd number of combat resolution? Can I pick the King to have the higher number of the split?

I like the collar on the heirophant. I'd like to have him have SOME protection. I think I need to play test the list to see if I can live with the heirophant not having anything and see how survivable the king is with just the 3+ armour save. Everything in my screams protect the heirophant!

So you suggest something like:

Lord: 270 points

Tomb King (General) - 270 Points Total
    - Spear of Antarhak
    - Scorpion Armour
    - Enchanted Shield
    - Potion of Strength ( I have twenty points to spare and had no clue where to put it.)

Hero: 330 points

Liche Priest (Heirophant) - 165 Points Total
    - Collar of Shapesh
    - Dispel Scroll

Liche Priest - 165 Points Total
    - Ruby Ring of Ruin
    - Heiratic Jar

Core: XXX Points Total

40 Skeleton Warriors - 355 Points Total
    - Champion
    - Standard
    - Musician
    - Banner of Eternal Flame

2 Tomb Swarm - XXX Points Total (Don't laugh. I needed less less than fifty points to fill out my core requirements and I am not fielding just one. Besides, I have two painted.)

Special: XXX Points Total

20 Tomb Guard - 240 Points Total
    - Standard
    - Musician
    - Champion
    - Banner of the Undying Legion

2 Tomb Scorpions - XXX Points Total

Rare: XXX Points

1 Screaming Skull Catapult - XXX Points Total

Total Fortitude Points: 4 (2 Banners and a General)

In Blood and Glory, they are so going to bee line it to that big unit of archers. Ah well, it's going to be tougher to kill now at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the scorpion armour rounds down but it doesn't say so its up to you i guess

Swarms are fine man i like them to fill out points in core that i have spare and don't want another unit

Are you sure you want one big block of archers? Not 2 smaller ones which can be in 2 places at once?

I would also give the herio the jar as he goes last in the heirachy he might not need to use the jar if his incatation gets off it means that you don't waste the jar so i would swap the jar and the scroll around to the other liche than its currecntly on

P.S Your king can not have scorpion armour and encharted shield! They are both magical armours and therefore one per character!
    Last edited by Undivided; February 11th, 2011 at 15:58. Reason: P.S

+ Reply to Thread