<2000 2000 settra - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 settra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 settra

I made this last night just before going to sleep. It's exactly 2000 points

Lords
    Settra (Gen & Herio)

Heros
    ---

Core
    6 Chariots
    6 Chariots

Special
    6 Necopolis Knights
    1 Khemrian Warsphinx
    -Fiery Breath
    -Venom Sting

Rare
    Necrosphinx
    -Venom Sting

Tactics: Charge and squish, flanking with Sphinxes and Knights.
    I doubt Settra's 1 spell will go off, so not relying on magic in this list.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took this into battle Tuesday against dwarfy gun-line.
    He had from right to left facing me, Organ gun, 20 crossbows, 20 man unit of hammerers with a runed out thane, 2 units of 10 gun guys, scrap-luncher master engineer, and a anvil of doom.

My guys, left to right facing him. Necro sphinx, off on the side flying in for flanks, center of field was 6 chariots, inche from him settra and his 6 chariots, inch to his right was the warsphinx, and inch to his right were the knights. all place the max 12 inches from the board edge.

Got the Moving spell for settra.

Turn 1
    dwarfs
    All stay put, no magic phase, anvil rolls, 1, using master engineer rolls 1 again, rolls 3 on dice so can't use rest of the turn or next. Misses all shots with organ gun and kills 1 of settra's chariots with launcher. too far away for his dwarfs to use crossbows.

TK,
    Move everything up it's maximum distance. cast settra's spell, gets dispelled.
    shoot at the organ gun with my chariot archers, mange to kill 1 crewman. ahoot at thanes unit with settra's and kill 1 guy.

Turn 2
    Dwarfs.
    Stay put, shoot at tk, Can't use anvil. Kills 2 chariots in basic unit, and drops 1 chariot down 2 wounds in settra's. Using his launcher, he wounds 1 knight and kills another.

TK.
    Move. failed a 18inch charge with knights and end up moving just 5 inches closer to his 2nd unit of gun dudes. Cast spell, gets dispelled, shoot at organ gun with basic chariots again, kill 1 more guy, settra's unit shoots at thane's dudes and misses entierlly.

Turn 3
    Dwarfs
    Stay put, no magic, Rolls for anvil using ancient power and inflicts 1 wound on my knights. Halving their movement.
    Dwarfs shoot and wipe out basic unit of chariots after unloading organ gun, and unit of crossbows into them. gun guys shoot into knights and kill 2 more leaving them at half strength of 3 models.

TK
    Charge with everything, necro hits organ-gun, settra hits and challenges thanes unit. Warsphinx hits 1st unit of gun dudes and loses 1 wound to stand and shoot. night charge 2nd unit and even with half movement still hit their mark.

Settra uses magic spell ramped up to give all units a move. dwarfy dude fails to dispel and even though I can't move anyone, I still heal back some guys. I got 1 full chariot back, healed 1 wound for the knights bringing back a model. and healed a wound back for the warsphinx.

Combat. Necro kills the war-machine easily and overruns into the crossbowmen.
    settra gets 3 hits against thane but rolls all 1's to wound.thane gets no wounds though. impact hits kill 5 of his hammerer's and 14 attacks at weapon skill 7 take out 1 more.
    he ends up doing 1 wound and killing my newly resurrected chariot. He lost combat but still didn't manage to flee. Warsphinx traded in attacks for thundercrush and landed the blow hitting all 10 guys in the unit. the dude underneath the center was a engineer and the Multiple wounds only did 1. THe crush still killed 5 guys and they did fail their LD test running off the board also inflicting 0 wounds to the spinx, I hold and reform to face the 2nd unit of gun guys as well as launcher and anvil. The knights kill the 2nd unit also receiving 0 wounds as well as making the dwarfs run off the field. They hold and face the launcher ready for next turns lunch.

Turn 4
    Dwarfs
    Being to close to shoot the launcher and master engineer charged my nights sealing their doom. the crossbow guys shoot and miss 20 shoots and necrosphinx and the anvil sets it's sights on the warsphinx, missing everything entirely. Warsphinx is able to move normally.
    combat, knights kill war-machine guys easily as well as the engineer. They turn and face anvil. Settra manages to kill thane and the rest of the unit is beaten with horse hooves and swords forcing them to run from a failed LD test off the field. 1 General down.

TK
    Setra says " you go this way, I go home" and turns 180 to head back to his kingdom. The necrosphinx charges the crossbowmen, losing 1 wound to a lucky dwarf. and the warsphinx charges and hits the anvil.
    Necro causes enough wound to make the dwarfs flee from the table. And the necro sphinx let the TG get a couple of killing blows off on the 2 guards on the anvil before centering a thundercrush attack on the smith. with a Triumphent roll of a 6 the smith died, the anvil broke. and the dwarfs were vanquished.

2250 pts to 0
    One thought both me and my opponent agreed on,
    after 10 years. It's nice to see the TK actually have a cheese list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Settra uses magic spell ramped up to give all units a move. dwarfy dude fails to dispel and even though I can't move anyone, I still heal back some guys. I got 1 full chariot back, healed 1 wound for the knights bringing back a model. and healed a wound back for the warsphinx.
    That spells targets only unengaged units so that shouldn't have healed anything; that spell is useless if all your units are in combat or out of range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JL177 View Post
    That spells targets only unengaged units so that shouldn't have healed anything; that spell is useless if all your units are in combat or out of range.
    Yup, Didn't notice that it targets only unengaged units.
    Thanks for pointing that out.
    I called the dwarf player and let him know
    Wasn't really game breaking anyway, but yeah.
    Thanks man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like the list and may try something very close.. but as i have always said with the scorpion.. don't you think its kind of pointless to have poison on something with those stats that will overwrite your killing blow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't take no scorpions.
    And with the loss of their 4th wound in the new codex... don't think i ever will again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya i know you didnt take any .. but for the sphinx's you put extra points getting poison.. was using scorps as a example

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoutzombie View Post
    I didn't take no scorpions.
    And with the loss of their 4th wound in the new codex... don't think i ever will again.
    I needed to fill in 30 pts to make exact 2000, otherwise, I prefer the the thundercrush.

+ Reply to Thread