<3000 Tomb Kings 3000 v1.2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb Kings 3000 v1.2

So I don't play/own a Tomb Kings army, but I picked up the book anyways to see what they are like in 8th. Here's my list.

Lord
    Tomb King
    1x Sword of Striking
    1x Armour of Silvered Steel
    1x Talisman of Endurance
    Shield*

Liche High Priest Lv.4
    (Lore of Nehekhara)
    1x Talisman of Preservation
    1x Channeling Staff
    Hand Weapon
    Heroes
    Tomb Herald
    1x Armour of Destiny
    Shield
    Hand Weapon
    BSB

Liche Priest Lv.2
    (Lore of Nehekhara)
    1x Talisman of Protection
    1x Dispel Scroll
    Hand Weapon

Core
    1x100 Skeleton Warriors
    1x Master of Arms
    1x Musician
    1x Stand-Bearer
    Hand Weapon/Shield
    Light Armour

1x100 Skeleton Warriors
    1x Master of Arms
    1x Musician
    1x Stand-Bearer
    Hand Weapon/Shield
    Light Armour

1x10 Skeleton Archers

1x10 Skeleton Archers

Special
    1x25 Tomb Guard
    1x Musician
    1x Stander- Banner of Swift
    Halberds/Shields

Rare
    1x Casket of Souls

1x Necrosphinx

1x Necrosphinx

So TK and Herald go in the tomb guard in the middle. Both Priest's go in the blocks of warriors that are flanking the guard unit. Casket on one flank with the two archer units as cover if something try's too charge. Both Necrosphinx's on the other flank.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at your list I think you've gone down the path of putting a LOT of points into characters.

Easy to do given how important TK characters are to the army, but you need to be careful. There's a lot of fun stuff in the army and if you invest too much into your king and casters there isn't too much left over.

Do you really need units of 100 warriors? I'm assuming 10x10. They won't be very manouverable ... they should survive the battle though, I'll give you that. Princes would be very useful to make those mega-blocks of skeletons more survivable. I'd take larger units of bowmen - you could easily up those units to 20, or if you wanted to make mini-tarpit units up them to 30+.

The necrosphinx has a very particular role to play in the army, and I really can't see you needing 2 of them. Make one a warsphinx instead and give it fiery roar - one turn he is going to absolutely pound a unit in close combat.

Knights are fun and worth taking. You might also want to consider how to attack enemy warmachines etc - you are going to be very reliant on your catapult being accurate. A scorpion, stalkers, even a unit of fast cav would all be very useful for quickly reaching machines on the far side. I'm assuming the 2 necrosphinxes are intended for this role - unfortunately without being able to march it could be a bit touch and go.

So are you planning to buy an army or just interested in making up a list?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Princes would definetly be worth it, I can't see much coming out on top against 100 ws5 skeletons. If you want to be mean you can grab 3 caskets for a Covenant of Power or alternatley go for a hierotitan. You definetly need to be faster and Necropolis knights would certainly do the trick, a deathstar unit of them would ruin anyone's day, especially if used in conjunction with a scorpion. Also a Necrotect might be a good investment character wise. Yep, 100 ws5 skeletons with hatred.
    I'd also grab Undying Legion on the Guard instead, just to make your army even harder to kill...
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

+ Reply to Thread