<3000 2400pts Tournament list, help wanted! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2400pts Tournament list, help wanted!

Hello there fellow players!
    I've just started this army (I've played earlier skaven, woc and lizardmens) and I've this upcoming tournament where I really wanna play competitive and not be the last person . Some comps from the tournament:
    2400pts
    No power scroll
    No folding fortress
    No Special Characters
    max. 1 lord level mage
    max. 1 Loremaster for army
    max. 3 same hero
    max. 3 same core
    max. 3 same special
    max. 2 same rare
    max. 5 warmachine
    max. 50 models in unit/ max 450pts
    You can cast spell with upto 5 dices

Tomb Kings
    -Neferra's Scrolls of Mighty Incantations will cause Irresistible Force only on double 5 or 6
    There are comps for the tournament. I haven't made any list for the tombkings before so help would be really nice and I would apreciate it ^^.
    So here's my list vol.1.4:

LHP, lvl 4, talisman of preservation, sceptre of stability, 270pts
    LP, lvl 2, dispellscroll 130pts
    Prince, gw 104pts
    Prince, gw 104pts
    Lords & Heroes: 608pts

warriors x 40 fc, 190pts
    warriors x 40 fc, 190pts
    archer x 20 120pts
    archer x 19 114pts
    Core: 614pts

carrion x 3 72pts
    tg x 25, fc boul 355pts
    Warsphinx, fiery roar 230pts
    Necropolis Knights x 3, standard 205pts
    Special: 862pts

screaming skull catapult 90pts
    screaming skull catapult 90pts
    casket of souls 135pts
    Rare: 315pts

Total: 2399pts

So what do you guys think 'bout that list? It has couple tarpit units in it and it has necrosphinx and ushabtis as hammers. But like I said I have no experience with Tomb Kings I just picked units which I think look cool ^^ (and would work even semi good). Like I said earlier help would be REALLY apreciated.

Last edited by dapara; June 16th, 2011 at 02:32.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Wow, whoever wrote those restrictions seems to go out of his way to cut away huge chunks of the hobby, I wonder how he's going to deal with the Durchii sorcery rule?

As for the list:
    You need to buy a standard bearer for the charriots to take a banner (not sure if that's included).
    Wizards cannot take magic armour unless they have armour options available to them (like Chaos Sorcerers who have Chaos Armour to start with) With that said your priest does need a ward save of some kind, I recomend a talisman preservation.
    5 Horse archers won't really do much, those points could be spent more effectivley elsewhere.
    The Princes also need a Ward Save, armour of fortune and talisman of endurance should fit the bill nicely (they're not really worth the basically one off 2++ ward).
    You have two really good solid anvils but no real hammers. I'd grab some necropolis knights, dropping the Carrion and Horse archers and cutting down the Ushabti to about 3-4 and giving them either g/w or additional hand weapons, or dropping them altogether for a second priest you will need a 2nd caster. The Necropolis Knights will outperform the Ushabti as will the preist, especially if they're armed with Great Bows. With a Casket of Souls and 2 Catapults, your heavy ranged is pretty much covered anyway (although IMO Great Bow Ushabti aren't up to the same notch as Tomb Guard, Warsphinxes or Knights).
    A Tomb King and perhaps Tomb Guard would also be a nice addition if you could make space, a Tomb King especially since you're then running warriors at WS 6.

Hope this helps and I haven't been overly critical.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated the list, added tombguards, removed ushabtis & horse archers and made it legal.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Necroplois Knights and a 2nd priest would still be better than Tomb Guard, without them you won't have enough hitting power or enough magical strength to get spells through (other players will probably be using 2-3 wizards).
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Updated the list, what do you guys think 'bout it now :o?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Definetly looking better.
    Carrion are good (at least compared to what they used to be) but I can only really see them war machine hunting with this list which a Scorpion (if you can squeeze your points) could also do slighty better.
    Halberds would also be nice but again, another points thing...if you need to I guess you could drop firey roar on the sphinx.
    Not sure about sceptre of stability...could go into upgrading your troops a bit more instead.

Apart from that, thumbs up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you need a Hierotitan.

Since you can't have dual Lvl 4s, A titan will make your Lvl 2 cast like a Lvl 3 or better as well as giving your Lvl 4 an edge over the other Lvl 4s. Also, Burning gaze will com in nicely if you run into a hell pit or trolls and since Ld - counts as Ld 0, Spirit Leech will do wonders against a bell or furnace as well as the little bugger on top.

I also think your Princes really need a 4+ ward or 2+ armor. In all honesty, I run my Lvl 4s with a Earthing rod one one and then a dispel scroll on the other. So far it's worked fine and they have never really *needed* a save. Then you can cut the carrion (a casket and a scorpion are enough war machine hunting) for some silvered armor for your prince.

I also think a musician will be better on your knights then a standard and I've heard that they are best in units of 4. Maybe you can shave off some TG to help pay for points. That and cash in your catapults.
    "My Word is Iron"
    "Show me your Friends, and I'll show you your Future"

+ Reply to Thread