<2000 2k Magic Heavy List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k Magic Heavy List

This is probably ridiculous overkill in the magic phase but hey.. could be fun Idea is to get Doom and Darkness out on the enemy and let the caskets tear into them. The main force is to do mop up. Main thing I think it's lacking is more skeletons. Reason for making the LHP take death is to have a greater chance at getting D&D.

Liche High Priest -
    (Death), Level 4 Wizard, Earthing Rod

Tomb King -
    Golden Death Mask of Kharnut, Great Weapon

Liche Priest -
    (Nehekhara), Level 2 Wizard

Liche Priest -
    (Nehekhara), Level 2 Wizard

Skeleton Warriors x 36
    Full Command, Light Armor

Skeleton Bowman x 20

Skeleton Bowman x 20

Tomb Guard x 25
    Full Command, Halbreds, Banner of the Undying Legion

Casket of Souls

Casket of Souls

Heirotitan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your idea but, like you say, I think you'll have real problems with this list - not enough skeletons at 2k points.

I think you need another hammer alongside your hierotitan. It just seems to me that you don't have enough to physically hit your opponent with. Your skellies and TG will need to take the charges.

I wouldn't base an army around the hope of getting one spell either. There's a 33% chance you won't get it. I think going for the lore of death is good if you commonly come across character heavy armies but otherwise I'd rate our own lore more highly. Also doesn't a heirophant have to use the nekharan lore? I could be making that up - apologies if I am, I don't have my codex with me here and I've been using other armies while painting up my new TK units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed it does need a little bit of modification but I do think the idea is sound. And you are correct and the fact slipped my mind about the Heiro needing to use the Lore Of Nehekhara.

Any suggestions on how to get the two casket build to be extremely effective? I mean people are usually scared of one casket and save dice for it. But 2 caskets? If one gets off it can cause some serious damage. If two can get off? That can be a lot of pain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, thing is, a Unit can only be the target of "Light of Death" once per magic phase, I could be wrong, but wouldn't that mean that each enemy unit can only get hit by it once, no matter how many caskets you have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's true that a unit can only be affected by the light of death once per turn however with 2 going off the chances of it reaching most of their units is a lot higher since it only bounces on a 4+. And the likelyhood of at least one casket going off is a lot higher.

+ Reply to Thread