<1000 1K tourny/fun list. first attempt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

23 (x1)

1K tourny/fun list. first attempt

Hay all. Making my first attempt at a 1000 TK list since the new book came out. We have a tourny comming up next month and wanted to get second opnions on what im thinking of using. I should warn you that most of this is being done in my head at work at the moment and I cant rember the names of some of the items im thinking of but I rember what they do at least.

HLP 190/ lvl 3, channel staff, Heirophant

Tp 149/ GW, 4+ward

Archers10 60

Skele warriors40 190/full command

Warsphinx 230/ Breath weapon

SSC 90
    SSC 90

Thats everything. Please rember im doing this from memory so if their are any mess ups with the points ill try to have them hammered out when i get home. HLP will ride along with the archers and hopefully hide at the back of the board, TP will goes with the Warrior unit in a hoard formation. Warsphinx is going up the side of the board with the idea of getting in the flank or behind them and the 2 SSC are hopefully going to rain death as long as they can. I would love to trade them out for a casket but that still needs to be picked up.

2. Remove Advertisements

9 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

42 (x1)

Looks fairly good...

Personally I'd get rid of the 4+ ward on the Prince (I can run mine in 1.25 with a 5+ and he's fine) and then perhaps the breath weapon, with both of those you can get your hierophant to level 4, which is vital in smaller games. Another reason 4 levels would be good is that apart from the warsphinx and catapults (which, at best, only half get the job done) I can't really see how you'll deal with Chosen or Chaos Knights. Whilst you might think that the skeletons have enough attacks to bring them down, I've found that you're lucky to get 1 casualty each turn, especially since Knights cause Fear, denying you the ability to make them WS 1. With 4 levels you can get the 3 vital augments: Desert Wind, Smiting and Protection whilst also going for Cursed Blades, Dessication or even Vengance or Skullstorm.
    "Take their gold, burn their homes, kill their familes and enslave their souls. Show them no mercy...oh and could you post these letters while you're out?"
    -Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth.

+ Reply to Thread