<1000 1000pts Tomb Kings (foundations for a growing list) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts Tomb Kings (foundations for a growing list)

Hi all. Been in Tomb Kings for a while now (and warhammer even longer) and with their new book I've come crawling back to fantasy after a temperary strike to 40k following the new edition. Now that everyone who merely jumps upon the latest army released has gone off, I feel the time is right to blow the dust (or sand) off my models and start em up again.

I've played a few battles with this list with a lot of success, but I was wondering if there was anywhere it could be improved:

Lords:
    High Liche Priest - 235
    + Level 4 Nehekhara
    + Earthing Rod

Heroes:
    Tomb Prince - 149
    + Great Weapon
    + Armour of Silvered Steel

Core:
    39x Skeleton Warriors - 186
    + Full Command

20x Skeleton Bowmen - 120

3x Chariots - 165

Rare:
    Casket of Souls - 135

GRAND TOTAL = 1000pts

Plan:

High Liche Priest - sits in bowmen bunker, staying within 12" of the warriors and possibly chariots
    Tomb Prince - Sits in Skele warriors dodging challenges when appropriate.
    Skele Warriors - Tarpit slow-marching down the middle 5x8, protects bowmen and casket
    Skele Bowmen - moving covering-fire. Whittles down enemy ranged units who aren't armoured or other easy targets.
    Chariots - Cheap and easily used hammer for whatever's in combat with warriors. Can also be used to get enemy war machines or ranged units that are unprotected: especially if skeles can win an attricion battle (e.g. low enemy magic defence)
    Casket of Souls - eats nasty things e.g. giants/knights/warmachines

If a dryad trips over alone in the woods, does it make a sound? - Bretonian proverb

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently having bows isn't all that great unless you have ALOT of them. I've read that some players do without them entirely.... or have 80 of them for 178 million poisoned shots that hit on a 4+ always with Khalida.

Also, Im under the impression that you want your prince to live as long as unhumanly possible... so having a ward save on him is the way to go. Because he's flammable too.

Everything else looks groovy. Maybe a Sphinx perhaps. They're amazing.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

A sphinx in a 1k point army... That's an odd suggestion. And bowmen aren't the most efficient use of points, but they can be useful. 20 of them yields 7 S3 hits on a target, which may not seem like much, but it can 'deal with' screening units like the typical pack of five chaos hounds pretty effectively, as well as thinning out skirmishers and enemy shooters (move 4" to get within 24", and you are hitting at long range into hard cover against skirmishers or even single models on fives, which few shooters can match. At long range, skellies are actually pretty good shooty units. I would recommend the armor of destiny for the prince, though...
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    A sphinx in a 1k point army... That's an odd suggestion. And bowmen aren't the most efficient use of points, but they can be useful. 20 of them yields 7 S3 hits on a target, which may not seem like much, but it can 'deal with' screening units like the typical pack of five chaos hounds pretty effectively, as well as thinning out skirmishers and enemy shooters (move 4" to get within 24", and you are hitting at long range into hard cover against skirmishers or even single models on fives, which few shooters can match. At long range, skellies are actually pretty good shooty units. I would recommend the armor of destiny for the prince, though...
    Dont find a Spinx in 1000 p odd at all, have one in a 800 p tournement list already. Every elite army( HE WoC) who doesnt have to have the magic to kill it finds it almost impossible to do so. Swordmasters wounding on 6s is very good,, always.

I find that you have a lot of characters for 1000 p, i regurarily only one lvl 2 priest in 1000 p, ramping him up to a lvl 4 in 1500. If you would drop the prince and the champion(who would be worthless then) you could squeeze in another 3 chariots. I am a fan of them, double charging in a unit makes sure you have arounf 4d6 impact hits, because you can bring 4 models in CC your enemy will have to wound one unit 6 times before you will lose any attacks. When you cast a movement spell they also borh heal d3+1 wound, what kinda makes up for there flimseyness.

+ Reply to Thread