Please helpme with my Army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please helpme with my Army list

So this is my list let me know what you think:

Lords:

Settra Lord of Khermi
    High Queen Khalida
    High lich priest
    Heros:
    Lich priest w/ casket of souls
    Lich priest mounted
    Icon Bearer
    Core:
    Skelies w/ bows x16
    Skelies w/ bows x16
    Skelies w/ bows x16
    light horseman x20
    Chariots x3
    Chariots x3
    (all with full command)
    Special:
    Tomb Scorpian x2
    Ushabti x3
    Rare:
    Screaming Skull Catapult
    Bone Giant

Any critism is welcome thanks for your imput:tongue:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x3)

Ok, I am no tomb kings player but this is what I think. If the 20 horsemen are all in one unit it is too big, fast cavalry in an undead army lose most of the benefits by not being able to flee. I would cut the unit size down to between 8 and 10 and use it as a flanking unit.

Your main skeleton blocks are too small, if they are hit by a decent infantry unit they are likely to get wiped out in one turn between being chopped up and then losing models to combat resolution. I would use the points from cutting the horse unit down to boost the skeleton units to at least 20 each. The thing to remember is you only have to have one of them left standing after combat and the opponents unit isn't going anywhere. You then have the opportunity to flank charge them with either other skeletons or your cavalry/chariots. You will also have plenty of chance to raise the unit back up as you have plenty of priests, so that means lots of incantations.

3 is about the right number for Ushabti, they have plenty of hitting power and are still small enough to maneouver. Try not to let them get charged however, they don't stand up for too long if that is the case.

Not sure about 2 tomb scorpions, 1 is fine as they are a giggle and very good at hitting your opponents war machines and units or archers etc. With 2 you may struggle to find targets for them all.

Screaming skulls are good and the model for the bone giant is just too cool to leave out
    Helper monkey, bring me beer and donuts

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Eh... No offence, but I can find a dozen problems with that list. For one, how many points is the list? You have 4 lord choices and 3 hero choices.... That would mean 5000 points at least. Also, Settra has a rules making it so you cannot take any liche priests or high liche priests. Then for Settra, you need 50% of your points as chariots, heavy horsemen, and tomb guard. That's definately not happening.

Light horsemen aren't very good. I don't recommend taking them- heavy are better (though they still aren't that great) and they also take up points for Settra. Heavy's need to be in large units, anyways, so 20 is good for them. The bowmen units are good sized because they can form into 4 ranks the turn before the enemy charges. You have a good number of tomb scorps, but some carrion may be useful to take out warmachines earlier and to help out with flank charges.

Hmm... After removing the stuf not allowed (the priests) there are still 3 lords and 1 hero..., so its a 4000 point army? The lords and hero would be just over 1000 points (add more tomb princes for more of a bang), so if you add more hero choices lets say your down to 2500. 2000 points of those has to be chariots, heavy horsemen, and tomb guard. So after that, there would be 500 points left for the skeleton bowmen(you need at least one unit for Kalida), bone giant, scorps, Ushabti, and screaming skull. (You may have to cut one or 2 of them depending one how many points you have left after the heros/lords and the mandetory Settra stuff.)

Personally, I'd cut either Kalida or Settra. Each one can make their own decent, specialized force, but they don't work too well together. Kalida can be used in games as small as 2000 and Settra needs at least 3000 points. Pick which one you want to base the army on and then make a new list. Thats probably the best advice I can give right now.
    Last edited by Phalanx; December 15th, 2005 at 17:18.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the?

This is your list which I couldn't quote yet but anyways QUOTE>
    Lords:

Settra Lord of Khermi
    High Queen Khalida
    High lich priest
    Heros:
    Lich priest w/ casket of souls
    Lich priest mounted
    Icon Bearer
    Core:
    Skelies w/ bows x16
    Skelies w/ bows x16
    Skelies w/ bows x16
    light horseman x20
    Chariots x3
    Chariots x3
    (all with full command)
    Special:
    Tomb Scorpian x2
    Ushabti x3
    Rare:
    Screaming Skull Catapult
    Bone Giant

This list does have a ton of problems. Like phlanax said no settra and no high queen. Icon bearer isn't worth it either. Screw the bows they arent' that helpful anyways go spears. Light horsemen suck. If you are going to have horses at all they should be heavy calvary. Why do you have full command. You only need a standard. DUH. Read the book. You are dead. You are unbreakable and cause fear/terror. Why in hells name would you use a musician and a champion. The extra skellie attack isn't worth it. GIve your people good banners. Drop the casket you don't need it. I suggest you play 2000 points instead of whatever the hell your doing. BUt yeah you don't use a casket in 2000 games unless you really think your going to get it to work but hey It took me 7 games to get mine to work when I had an army of tk's.
    Im aiming for a fearsome infestation that will overrun the enemy and Knock him out psychologically. I think I'm almost there.

-me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtf is wrong with this list???
    it has 3 lords for christs sake??!!
    setra and queen khalida suck, light horsemen suck, an icom bearer sucks and you have no infantry blocks. full comand is a waste of points. all you need is a standard

this is what i advise:
    Characters:
    Tomb King
    2xLiche Priest
    Tomb Prince

Core:
    chariots + infantry

Special:
    carrion (3 is ideal)
    tomb scorpions (2 is good)
    maybe some tomb guard

Rare:
    2xscreaming skull
    (at toughness 5 the bone giant gets slaughtered by a knight charge or a unit with great weapons)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok "constructive" is a word i see missing here guys dont just say o this sucks this sucks this sucks, thats not helpful at all.

Ok now this list is alot of points, i asume having alot of lords, and as you may of noticed from many of the posts here settra and high queen arent great, so perhaps lose them.
    I find that a high priest, 2 liche priests and a prince works well, with enough spells being attempted to force them through and get those manouvres that win tomb kings their games.
    If you are going for that then archers are ok but dont take so many you still need some combat as well, and id go for the catapult because firing twice is great, give you a chance to make a mistake on your first guess and then get it right on your second.

If you want a more combat oirentated then the icon bearer is great, and so are giants and scorpions are too, if they are within the range of the bearer then they need to lose combat by 3 to even lose a wound, which if put into the right units then that shouldnt be too much of a problem.

I very much disagree with those of you who say the full command isnt needed, while musicians arent great champions are! If you call a challenge and they accept even their unit champion that means you lose less models, which is how your units stay there sheer numbers, and when you raise back into the unit the champion comes back so you can challenge again next turn.

Light horsemen should be smaller units and used for flanking, or tying up enemies trying to flank you. And you should maybe invest in some tomb gaurd and definately if you want more combat than magic.
    lets agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i only said light horsemen suck because they do! they're not mobile enough as they can't march and exposing your liche priests so they can isn't worth it. if you wan't a flanking unit, take a few tomb swarms. icon bearers tend to be a points sink. he starts off at 65pts + magic items and all you get is a 2 wound, 2 attack, strength and toughness 4 guy. undead are immune to phsycology and one wound less from combat res. is not worth 100 odd points. your better off getting a tomb prince for some decent combat power. i'd only take the casket against a horde army because of their low Ld.

P.S. you could only use this army in a 5000pt game because settra counts as two lord choices.
    Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them. And then, there are others...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -37 (x0)

awesome

yeah, dont worry about characters with tomb kings, there sooooo expencive and not worth it.
    this is what i suggest from experiance

casket of souls
    screaming skull catapult
    16 heavy horsemen (cause 8 have no rank bonus)
    2 units of skeletons
    high lich priest
    liche priest
    tomb prince in chariot (put in chariot unit, and give him 'flamming chariot'-d6+1 impact hits)
    3 chariots
    and 2 scorpian,

the main thing to remember is this army relys highly on its magic, get a mounted liche priest to follow around unit and heal them after combat, then place your screaming skull next to your casket of souls, use the extra shooting phase spell and shoot twice with the screaming skull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cookie Monster
    i only said light horsemen suck because they do! they're not mobile enough as they can't march and exposing your liche priests so they can isn't worth it. if you wan't a flanking unit, take a few tomb swarms. icon bearers tend to be a points sink. he starts off at 65pts + magic items and all you get is a 2 wound, 2 attack, strength and toughness 4 guy. undead are immune to phsycology and one wound less from combat res. is not worth 100 odd points. your better off getting a tomb prince for some decent combat power. i'd only take the casket against a horde army because of their low Ld.

P.S. you could only use this army in a 5000pt game because settra counts as two lord choices.
    I agree that TK light horsemen suck, im a Dark elf player and in the three 1000 point games ive played against TK's.. twice Ive wiped out the squad of 5 light horsemen with 1 doombolt spell.. and the third time my independant noble on Cold one wiped them out in 2 turns without taking a wound. total waste of points..
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

+ Reply to Thread