1000 pt, non-tourney list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt, non-tourney list.

Here's my army list. It's for a 1000 pt game, and I haven't bought any of the units except for a unit of skellies so far. I know many of the units have a small amount of people in them, but I decided in making it smaller so I could fit in the unit of tomb guard. Alternatively I could just scrap the tomb guard, add another unit of skellies, and round out all the units... Actually now as I type this that sounds like a good idea... but, here it is. My tactics is for a base force to advance while the chariots and light horsemen come around one of the enemies flanks. Hopefully bolstered by my character my chariots can do some damage as my horseman harrass the flanks and fire onto any weak units, and reinforcing combats where neccessary (I don't expect these guys to live). My tomb scorpion will take care of any lone characters, war machines, or weak enemy units that I don't like. It's my first army list for Tomb Kings so have a heart

1 Tomb Prince@176pts - Great Weapon, Light Armour, Chariot of Fire.
    1 Liche Priest@115pts.
    10 Skellies@80pts - Bows, hand weapon.
    16 Skellies@144pts - Hand weapon, light armour, shields.
    6 Light Horsmen@84 pts.
    3 Chariots@140.
    16 Tomb Guard@204 - Hand weapon, light armour, shield, standard.
    1 Tomb Scorpion@85 pts.

-Everything posted by me is in no way connected to/endorsed by Games Workshop Limited (GW). All trademarked names are used without permission. No challenge to GW is intended-

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't work of only one liche priest. Ditch the light horsmen 'cause they suck, ditch the 10 skellie archers and get another liche priest and some magic items for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Just a couple of things I'd like to add.

First off, know that you're going in with a disadvantage. Tomb Kings perform poorer than other armies at lower point games because we MUST take two characters who are rather expensive.

Secondly, you indeed do NOT need another Lich Priest. You're already pushing 300 points in characters (because you have to), no need to bump it up to 450. That'd be half of your points! Characters don't win combats on their own until they are lord level (and even that's hodge-podge). You need troops to win the game.

As for your list, there are only two things I would advise upon.

First, undead light horsemen really are as bit of a waste. I'd either lose them completely or try to make them into heavy horsemen.

And second, chariots tend to do enough wounds on their own without a Tomb Prince/King joining them. As fluffy as I like to have my Tomb King in his chariot, his combat power really does need to be assisting a skeleton unit. If a skeleton unit can win combat on it's own thanks to the added push from a character, then all the better.
    Plus it's not too common to find a target that can accomodate a four chariot base wide attack. You'll probably only get three chariots in.
    Also, I view chariots as a little more delicate than skeletons, so your Prince is at less of a risk there too.

Anyway, that's my two bits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my edited army list

Tomb Prince@125 pts - Light Armour, hand weapon, enchanted shield, vambraces of the sun.
    Liche Priest@140 pts - Hieratic jar, hand weapon.
    12 Skeleton Warriors@96 - bows/hand weapon
    12 Skeleton Warriors@96 - Bows/hand weapon
    20 Skeleton Warriors@180 - Hand Weapon, shield, light armour.
    20 Skeleton Warriors @160 - Hand weapon, shield.
    3 Chariots@120
    1 Tomb Scorpion@85

Total: 1002

My plan here is to fire ranged with skellies and advancing slowly with my skeleton warriors, trying to break the first line of attackers. My chariots and tomb scorpion will sweep around the flank. My Liche Priest will be casting incantations wherever needed, and has a hieratic jar just in case. My tomb prince will be put in with one of the skelly warrior units to hopefully boost their combat . (they might actually do damage this way!!) Alternatively, I could remove one mob of archer skellies, put some good stuff on my chars, and add standard bearers to my warriors and a champion to my chariot.
    -Everything posted by me is in no way connected to/endorsed by Games Workshop Limited (GW). All trademarked names are used without permission. No challenge to GW is intended-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/bump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/bump

+ Reply to Thread