[2000] Tomb Kings - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

[2000] Tomb Kings

How this for a tomb king army, I think it could fairly suprise any opponent I catch for the first time, and still have a great effect on subsequent encounters.

I like the Flying king, and would like to test him in consort with carrions, send them charging a different target with My Will Be Done ! or getting one of them off.

Lords & Heroes

Tomb King @ 268 pts
    Spear Of Antarhak, Scorpion Armour Shield,
    Cloak Of Dunes

Tomb Prince @ 154 pts
    Light Armour, Shield, The Blade Of Mourning

Liche Priest @ 165 pts
    Hieratic Jar, Dispel Scroll

Liche Priest @ 330 pts
    Casket Of Souls, 2 dispel Scrolls

Core

20 Skeletons @ 230 pt
    Light Armour, Shields
    Full Command
    Banner Of The Undying Legion

10 Skeletons @ 100 pts -----> Banner hides This ^_^
    Champion

3 Tomb Swarms @ 135 pts

Special

14 Tomb Guards @ 238 pts
    Full Command
    Icon Of Rakaph

5 Carrions @ 120 pts

Tomb Scorpion @ 85 pts

3 Ushabti @ 195 pts

Total 2000
    Models 60

I thought of switching the Icon Bearer for a Tomb Prince with the Blade of Mourning, giving the tomb guard a My Will Be Done ! to go with thier Banner Of Rakaph.

Thoughts or comments ?

Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think the Icon bearer might be a good idea. i like that banner and it also might be a good idea to have 5 or 6 light or heavy horsemen hidden for a good rear flank charge.
    Beer, Pipes, and Guns... Dwarves had the right idea.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Kinda surprising you took the casket in 2k points.

I don't think this list has enough infantry, i like two blocks of 25 skeles along with my tomb guard.

Also no SSC or bone giant:cry:

It would take a lot of skill to make this list work, but given your ensyclopedic knowledge of the game, i'm sure this won't be a problem

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

I could always switch out the ushabti for a unit of skeletons, would give my more staying power.

As for the bone giant I had to make a choice. either the ushabti, whom hit with 9 attacks, have more wounds, and aren't large targets, or the heavy armoured giant, wich causes terror.

I could ditch the casket in favour of a sreaming skull catapult and have some left over for more models in my tomb guard unit\

Any thoughts ?
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

If it were me i would take the bone giant over the ushabti everytime, but other people might say different. Unstopable assault is a killer, and he causes terror(Y)

Plus a big nasty is sure to attract a lot of attention, maybe more than is due. Which is a boost psychologically for you.

You could try using the bone giant in the same way the empire can use a steam tank. Have two blocks and the giant as effectively your third block. I've never tried this before but is something i'm considering. I've heard the LM can use the steg in a similar way. I heard two guys arguing about it (both had just returned from a GP), one said it was an effective strategy, the other said why not have three blocks *plus* the giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack
    I could ditch the casket in favour of a sreaming skull catapult and have some left over for more models in my tomb guard unit\
    This sounds solid. Anything that causes an automatic panic check is worth a look IMO, especially when it can fire twice a turn. People will save dice for your casket, so realisticly you can't expect it to go off too often. But these saved dispel dice will allow more incantations to go through (particularly the extra movement). Is that worth 165pts in 2K? (Don't forget it ties up a priest as well).

I guess that's down to the individual

Good luck

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonehambey
    This sounds solid. Anything that causes an automatic panic check is worth a look IMO, especially when it can fire twice a turn. People will save dice for your casket, so realisticly you can't expect it to go off too often. But these saved dispel dice will allow more incantations to go through (particularly the extra movement). Is that worth 165pts in 2K? (Don't forget it ties up a priest as well).
    I am not scared of of loosing the mobility on the priest. As this list goes, it will be pretty defensive, and the faster unit will hound my opponent for points. He still can reach half away across the board if I set him up at 12.

I like the fact that my opponent will have to save 3 dice (2 is dicy if I get a high roll) for the casket (or waste a sure dispel scroll) on it. and I would like my

I also love the fact that enemy caster get a whooping -1 to cast, and this will stop alot of cast on the dot spells.

I don't particularly like stone throwers as a general rule, as they scatter off two out of three times, and I am not one of the lucky players who gets hit the dot 3-4 turn in a row, and don't intend to.

I see your point about the boner, I could give him a try, but as it stands, I like the high Ws and number of attacks the ushabti get. But then again, he is much more manouverable as a monster. Eh..... dilema...
    Last edited by Wolf_Pack; June 29th, 2006 at 23:55.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

Here's what I got down after considerations. I could not find the points for the bone giant, unless I gae away the casket, wich I would like to test before taking it out.

Lords @ Heroes

Tomb King @ 268 pts
    Shield, Scorpion Armour, Spear Of Antarhak,
    Cloak Of Dunes

Liche Priest @ 330 pts
    Casket Of Souls, Collar Of Shapesh, Dispel Scroll

Liche Priest @ 165 pts
    Hieratic Jar, Dispel Scroll

Icon Bearer @ 127 pts
    Light Armour, Banner Of The Hidden Dead

Core

20 Skeleton Warriors @ 230 pts
    Light Armour, Shields
    Full Command
    Banner Of The Undying Legion

20 Skeleton Warriors @ 205 pts
    Light Armour, Shields
    Full Command

6 Skeleton Heavy Horsemen @ 96 pts

2 Tomb Swarms @ 90 pts

Special

15 Tomb Guards @ 250 pts
    Full Command
    Icon Of Rakaph

5 Carrions @ 120 pts

Rare

Screaming Skull Catapult @ 110 pts
    Skull Of The Foe

Models 76
    Dispel 4 + 2 Dispel Scrolls
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

I like the solid blocks of infantry a lot better this time. Only yesterday did my saurus autobreak through being outnumbered by tombguard:cry: (It was also the game where for some reason i forgot my streg was stubborn, how could i forget that?!)

My only question is how do you plan to use the collar of shapesh with the priest on the casket? I'm not saying you haven't thought about it, i'm just interested to know Transfer to the casket guard?

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonehambey
    My only question is how do you plan to use the collar of shapesh with the priest on the casket? I'm not saying you haven't thought about it, i'm just interested to know Transfer to the casket guard?

Ciao

Stonehambey
    Yes, they will be taking wounds for him if need be, and he'll heal them back to live after.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack
    Yes, they will be taking wounds for him if need be, and he'll heal them back to live after.
    As i suspected, man restoring wounds is one of the most annoying spells to play against. They can even restore wounds on the SSC even if you kill all the crew!:realmad:

Ciao

Stonehambey

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast