[2250] Tomb Kings Competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

[2250] Tomb Kings Competitive

Time for a new list, have a map campaign starting up in late February, early March. 16 players, should be alot of fun. Most of the army lists should be represented, so I'll be seeing a variety of opposing armies. Here's my first army list draft. I would appreaciate all the constructive criticism I can get; thanks ahead of time.

Characters: [873 points]

Tomb King (General) [268 points]
    Destroyer of Eternities, Collar of Shapesh, Light Armor

Liche Priest (Hierophant) [160 points]
    Cloak of the Dunes, Hieratic Jar

Liche Priest [165 points]
    Staff of Sorcery

Liche Priest [280 points]
    Casket of Souls

Core Units: [590 points]

Skeleton Warriors x 25 [235 points]
    Standard Bearer, Light Armor, Bows, Hand Weapons

Skeleton Warriors x 25 [235 points]
    Standard Bearer, Light Armor, Hand Weapons, Shields

Chariots x 3 [120 points]

Special Units: [677 points]

Tomb Guard x 19 (joined by Tomb King) [277 points]
    Champion, Standard Bearer, Banner of the Undying Legion

Ushabiti x 3 [195 points]

Carrion x 5 [120 points]

Tomb Scorpion [85 points]

Rare Units: [110 points]

Screaming Skulls Catapult [110 points]
    Skuls of the Foe

Total points: 2250
    "10 incantation dice"
    5 dispel dice

Ok here is 2 other options I've thought of that may work instead of this, may use them depending on my opponents list.

Option A:

Drop the Casket of Souls. Add a Staff of Ravening and another unit of 3 chariots

Option B:

Drop the Casket of Souls. Add a Mirage Standard to the chariot unit, 2 dispel scrolls to replace the casket, and a 4th Ushabiti to the unit.

Both options come out to 2250 points.

Last edited by Spector; February 9th, 2007 at 18:59.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

This is a remarkably similar list to the game i just played today against Orcs.

Couple of suggestions:

Change Banner of the undying Legion on the TG to The reform one. I absolutely love it as it makes for an incredibly powerful flanking unit. Used it today and walked through a flank of Savage orc Boar boys, and a unit of 25 bigguns. no mean feat. They then proceeded to the centre of the table where they wiped out the generals unit and a units of gobbos but really what this does is give you massively increased maneuverability.

Lose the Carrion gain another Scorpion. I personally find the Scorpions great for two jobs. Assasinating Mages to gain control of the magic phase. and destroying war machines. Sure they die after charging into a unit and placing all four attacks on the mage, but so does the mage. This invariably makes them grab there points back, the second thing is that it allows you to dominate the magic phase which pretty much makes us invincible. Secondly war machine crews die with a snap of the fingers to a scorpian. Carrion aren't bad but are more expensive and generally only serve the war machine hunting rule. after all 1 down and they no longer remove ranks and get the rear/flank bonus charge. so you could possibly make the unit larger to serve that purpose.

Gain another unit of skeles by reducing the other two, i personally also jsut have a unit of 16-20 bowmen with only a banner, the logic being that they jsut need to hold up a round or two if things go so wrong, as for them to be charged.

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

incatations/dispel dice

Interesting list

Anyway, you'll only have 5 dispel dice as the TK doesn't generate dispel dice. OTOH, you'll effectively have +2 to dispel spells (+1 against bound items). Also, your magic offense is 10 dice: 2xD6 + 3x2D6 +2D6 (CoS).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO you need more chariots they are a tomb kings best friend cheapest chariots in the game i think.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by oldWitheredCorpse View Post
    Interesting list

Anyway, you'll only have 5 dispel dice as the TK doesn't generate dispel dice. OTOH, you'll effectively have +2 to dispel spells (+1 against bound items). Also, your magic offense is 10 dice: 2xD6 + 3x2D6 +2D6 (CoS).
    Staff of Sorcery adds +1 dispel dice, so that should bring the total up to 6. 2 from army, 3x1 for each priest and 1 for the staff. Fixed the incantation dice, forgot to add in the priest's on the casket dice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm

6th edition staff of sorcery did not add a dispel dice! Have they change this?

"A wizard who has this [staff of sorcery] benefits from the arcane power stored within it. Whenever he dispels a spell, the score required to make a successful dispel is reduced by 1." (6th edition)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x5)

My fault, wasn't thinking when I was writing that...yea should be +1 to dispel rolls, not dice.

+ Reply to Thread