2k TK list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k TK list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

2k TK list

Tomb King, crook and flail of radiance, armour of ages, vambraces of the sun, shield (goes in first skellie unit)

Tomb Prince, chariot of fire, icon of rulership, light armour, shield, flail (goes as flanker alone due to US5, can negate ranks)

Priest, hierophant, neferra's plaques of mighty incantations, cloak of the dunes

Priest, hieratic jar, dispel scroll, casket of souls

20 warriors, shields, light armour, standard, champion, banner of the undying legion

4 chariots, standard

4 chariots, standard

4 ushabti

Scorpion

SSC, skulls of foes (goes near casket for priest to cast on it)

2004 points. First time ever I haven't taken a unit of carrion, or archers for that matter. I just seemd to run out of points really quickly. And I havent played the scorpion for a fair while, will be interesting to get him back out there.

It lacks numbers a bit, and lacks ranged punch though most undead lists do..

The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The list seems to lack infantry a bit; also, i don't know whether you play 7th edition rules or not but they say that a character can't have more than one enchanted item, therefore the prince will have to lose either his Icon or his chariot of fire. A bit of a pain really, as it's a set-up i used quite frequently before the change.
    I usually take a lot of infantry in my lists, so i would be interested to know how you get on with this.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I'm loving the units of chariots an Ushabti, a combined charge from these (or the chariot of doom) should break most units I reckon(Y)

Yeah it's a shame about the chariot thing, personally I would drop the chariot of fire item.

Also, I'm not sure about the casket in 2k points. It's great for -1 to cast and also the "scare" factor but I'm not sure if it really works at this level.

Let us know how you get on

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

The rules text for the Icon specifically states it can be taken with another item from the enchanted items list.

As for the list itself, I am worried for you, you really don't have much on the board. The ushabti don't have anything to screen them, so they will get shot up pretty bad I assume.
    It's Adventure Time!
    2010 'Ardboyz Champion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good point. I will endeavour not to be an idiot in future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

The list will most likely be playing against an orc Ard Boyz list, so no shooting to worry about. Thats the main reason I removed the carrion, they did absolutely nothing in the last game against orcs.

And yeah, I'm not sure about the casket's effectiveness at all either.. Especially with the rest of my army being fairly fast. But I haven't used it in ages, the main reason I took it was because I'm mixing things up and doing things I've never tried before. The two biggest changes are the casket and the prince riding a chariot on his own, if I take a character on chariot it is with a unit. I also lack my screen as mentioned, a couple of units of archers..

I might be using the list today, with any luck.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

139 (x8)

Turns out I did battle today, this list absolutely massacred an Orc Ard Boyz list. At the end, I had lost the prince (I charged him into the front of a unit with no support, mostly because he had nowhere else to go and I expected him to at least survive a round while reinforcements came) the scorpion (though it KBed the black orc general before crumbling, so went damn well IMO) and... Well, a couple of skeletons but I raised them with the banner anyway.

He had a giant on two wounds, about to die to my king, and a unit of orcs a long way out of position, this was by the end of turn 4 which I talked him into going to after he surrendered on at the start of turn 3.

My Tomb Kings still stand undefeated so far, and have suffered only one draw.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

That's because the competition in Australia is, well, not that stiff.

Actually, it looks like a fun, competitive army to play against. But my Wood Elves could take ya! :yes:
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread