2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts

ok so i played for the first time today with TK. it was a tam game but i was with empire against VC and TK (lots of undead) my list lincluded:

TK
    spear of asomingorother
    4+ ward save thing

TP
    crook and flail
    light armor and shield

2 liches one with saff of mastery and the other with the casket

two blocks of 20 skellys HW/S where my TK and TP went also had banner of UDL
    FC on each
    2 tomb scorps

SSC-upgraded

12 archers

6 heavy calvary
    FC
    3 chariots
    FC

i have to say the calvay didnt do ANYTHING as well as the casket. the chariots did alright but my TK ROCKED...the game ended in a draw but i would like yalls (yes im in the south) input on my list and see if i cant make it better!

"Let the galaxy burn!" Horus, in the Istvaan V campaign.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

TK
    spear of asomingorother
    4+ ward save thing
    >> good, possibly a tomb guard unit?? drop 1 of the big skellie units and give him better unit to be in, and give the guard the UDL banner.

TP
    crook and flail
    light armor and shield
    >> consider a chariot, add hitter power to the chariot unit

2 liches one with saff of mastery and the other with the casket
    >> ahh! a hierophant with out the cloak of dunes!! lol, i hope he wasnt sat at the casket...

two blocks of 20 skellys HW/S where my TK and TP went also had banner of UDL
    >> IF you do what ive said above, drop 1 of these, and make the other bowmen, drop the champs either way.

2 tomb scorps
    SSC-upgraded
    >> GOOD

12 archers
    >>boost to 20 if poss...

6 heavy calvary
    FC
    >> drop to 5light, no command

3 chariots
    FC
    >> Drop the champion, add the prince

That ok for a quick overview?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

A few problems that could be fixed for much better results, Deceiver mentioned a few I'll repeat and elaborate.

Cavalry of the TK suck. Theres no two ways about it, they did nothing for you simply because they suck. Remove them, don't bother with light cavalry they are bad too. It is unfortunate, but they simply aren't worth the points. The 'heavy' cavalry are about as heavy as the light ones from other races, and the light cavalry lose the main benefits of being fast cavalry (choosing to flee) by being undead.

Full command on the chariots, why? The champion costs half the points of a full chariot and provides nothing except one measly extra skeleton attack, which do very little anyway to put it diplomatically. Really really not worth the points. I find musicians a bit useless too, we don't need to rally so all they do is help us win a drawn combat. If you are playing right, you will win combat by a lot and not need them.

Contrary to Deceiver, I wouldn't put the archers in a large unit. It just makes them take up waay too much space in your deployment zone, or makes you rank them which reduces attacks. MSU for them, so 12 is fine. I usually use 10.

I wouldn't bother with Tomb Guard either. They still aren't brilliant in combat, and will need support to survive, might as well just use skellies. Fear is the biggest weapon. UDL banner is great though.

I'd change the liche setup a bit. Staff of Mastery isn't that good, if its a decent roll it still will be, if its a crap roll +1 won't do a whole lot. I find Neferra's plaques to be a lot more useful, stick that on your heirophant. Cloak of the dunes is good, but not really essential I don't think, especially since he can be picked out for shooting when not in a unit now.

The heiratic jar is also very good, in that essential round of magic where you really need to get that important move spell in the jar can be the thing that breaks the back of your opponent's magic defence and allows you to get it through.

Don't expect the casket to ever go off when you take it, thats not really its main role. I bet your opponents always saved at least 2 DD for it, right? That gave the rest of your magic more freedom. Plus it strengthens your magic defence, which TK lack a bit. So I'm sure it was useful, though subtly.

I'd try to get another unit of chariots in if you can, in place of the champion, musicians and cavalry you should be able to. They are very useful.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

+ Reply to Thread